This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Rickie Lambert

Discussion in 'General LFC Discussion' started by Annoyrodent, May 30, 2014.

1. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

If Borini was technically better and the ball stuck when it hit him,then he'd be starting ahead of Ballotelli and a Lambert because his movement is miles better than both. Obviously Rodgers feels the ability to hold the ball up and bring others into play is more important at the moment without Sturridge,than what Borini brings to the table. Lambert can do that very well.So can Ballotelli who's obviously a much better athlete and has more natural ability than Lambert but there's a bit more intelligence in Lamberts game,which for instance I think Lallana appreciated today. But the fact is Lambert has brought nothing like his Southampton form. At 3 million and 30 grand a week I think it was a clever signing but I'm pretty certain Rodgers imagined a very different set of circumstances than what we've experienced so far.I still think he can be a useful squad player,which is all he was ever supposed to be but he needs to get over the shock of being a Liverpool player. I actually thought he was better today but I've watched him quite a few times for Southampton and he's miles better than that. One problem I hadn't really thought about is that he looks like a player who struggles for fitness/sharpness without regular football. He's obviously not going to get that so it's another problem he's going to have to overcome.

2. STEVE1978

STEVE1978
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Lambert is shockin, wont cut it at LFC.

3. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

With Sturridge injured and Balotelli not delivering the goods, I'd certainly give him some game time. Granted, he was never bought to be our first choice striker, but needs must and we seriously need some goals right now.

All said and done, he scored plenty of goals in the PL last season mate.

4. TrueRed92

TrueRed92
    Expand Collapse

And the season before that too. Personally I never wanted him but as a back up you can do a lot worse than a guy who has 2 good goal scoring seasons in the Premiership and for only 5 million I think it was. I'd play him against hull. He's proved already he can score goals in this league lets get him used to playing in the system and start scoring

5. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

If Lambert had the same amount of game time as Mario, he would have two or three goals by now.
    Start him against Newcastle. Can't be worse than Mario misses in last two games

6. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

I just can't understand why BR has not given him some more game time to date given how poor Mario has been.

7. sully&Red

sully&Red
    Expand Collapse

I am baffled by BR at the minute. Rickie made a huge difference when he came on.

8. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

I'd personally just go with Borini and lambert/Mario

Borini's movement alone would have us much more fluid team and can't see him scoring less than a Mario

9. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

I'm taking that to mean you can't see him scoring any own goals mate :(

Absolutely horrible situation to find ourselves in, that we're forced to even consider statements like that about our strikers but the truth is the truth I guess.

10. IanoM7

IanoM7
    Expand Collapse

Today's express reporting that Lambert may be on his way back to Southampton on loan in January.

Probably would be the best for all. Sturridge aside I'd be disappointed to see any of our current forwards at the club next season.

11. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

Wont be going anywhere with sturridges injuries and no other real striker..im hoping he gets a run off games

12. trucker

trucker
    Expand Collapse

Should get a game today given balotelli didn't travel with the squad

13. flies

flies
    Expand Collapse

I'm tempted to put a few quid on hi to be goalscorer today with him rumoured to be getting the node could be a confidence boost for him.

14. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

It actually is not even a story. Did you read it? Hard to believe people get paid for inventing question's and then answering their own question's. Any of us could do that.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/538742/Rickie-Lambert-Liverpool-striker-Southampton-return

The same redtop who went big on the Valdes story.

15. carramagic

carramagic
    Expand Collapse

Hopefully he can kick start his Liverpool career today. We need him to hold up the ball well and bring our creative players in to play. He's a far better player than we've seen so far.

16. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Suggestion of him going back to Southampton in January on loan is bollox, no matter what his story is, he won't be going back there ..... they'd loan him to a championship side sooner then give him to a team above them if they've even half a brain between the bloomin lot of them.

I'm with you all the way mate.

17/10 Anytime goal scorer on PaddyPower at the minute

17. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Delighted for him

18. flies

flies
    Expand Collapse

Sure it was like printing money sure :D

19. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

LOL :D

I'm absolutely delighted for him and hope he gets a bit of a run in the first eleven now, he put more work in today than I've seen out of Mario since he landed in Liverpool.

20. Maverick

Maverick
    Expand Collapse

He's 100% not good enough but then again neither is balotelli or borini. Didn't think he done a whole lot bar the goal