This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

James Milner

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Shay, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Shay

Shay
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

TAW mentioned it's looking very likely this lad is coming to us, first I've heard of this..................true?

He's a player I'd have liked to have signed years ago, he'd be a good addition now in any case

2. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

It's been doing the rounds for a bit now Shay. I'd welcome him as well.

3. barrydoherty

barrydoherty
    Expand Collapse

he would be a good addition. You know what your going to get with him and thats 100% from him every game. All these big money signings city have bought over the past few years but hes always there in fighting for his place. Reminds me of Kuyt.

4. IanoM7

IanoM7
    Expand Collapse

Perfect player for a club who can't splash out and have 2 top class players in each position. His versatility will be a massive boost for the squad and he can't take a set play too.

5. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Personally I don't rate Milner that highly , but gives his all .

6. Dubred

Dubred
    Expand Collapse

Most underrated player in the league. Delighted if we sign him

7. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

wonder where he would play in current Liverpool system.

He is a better footballer than both Lucas and Allen, however not sure that is his best position.

If got him on a free for anything less than 100k week, I think it would be an excellent signing.

8. trucker

trucker
    Expand Collapse

We need a decent midfielder in the central role with henderson, anybody under any illusion to how average joe Allen is look at the last 3 games, squad player at best. Absolutely cringey looking at him and lucas been given the run around on Saturday.
    Wether we get Milner or rodgers knows of a decent foreign player which is not very likely is it, it's a crucial position we must fill. Truth be known we probably need 2 more CM players.
    I'd be looking to off load Lalanna, said it when we signed him he's a good player, we paid £10m to much but he's a luxury and an injury prone one,get £12m back for him this summer before he hits 28 and we'll lose massively on him

9. gowinit6times

gowinit6times
    Expand Collapse

Good player and versatile, wouldn't be top priority but given that he is out of contract I could see the value in getting him. Not a top class central midfielder in my book though and is more effective in wider areas.

10. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

No way is he signing for anyone without some sort of assurance that he will a midfielder first and foremost. I like him as a player and a leader but in terms of ability in the centre of the park I'm not sure he has it. Definitely an improvement on what we have.

11. megager

megager
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Free transfer to replace Gerrard?

I think he is alright, not great. Ok squad player but I agree I reckon wherever he goes hell get assurances of game time. I thought he could have ended up somewhere like West Ham

12. Phil!

Phil!
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

I don't think that 3 at the back is going to be the formation we play going forward so if we sign Milner I think that will be it for CM's with Can playing further up more often.

We still need a top class centre half then though. Won't hold my breath.

13. trucker

trucker
    Expand Collapse

We didn't need a CB last season and we don't need one this season, Sakho snd Skertl going forward, just get shot of Lovern for 5/6 million

14. flies

flies
    Expand Collapse

I dont think we need another CB, for the money we paid for Lovren i feel we need to give at least another season to prove he's worth i know he's been poor but he might come good yet.

15. Phil!

Phil!
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

What's the alternative if one of them is injured or not in good form though?

Surely our goalkeeping situation shows that we need real competition for places.

16. trucker

trucker
    Expand Collapse

I wouldn't be big budgeting for a CB christ could you imagine what we'd end up with. Isn't Llori back in summer, him Can, wisdom. That's enough for me, we'd end up with Alex bruce or the likes if rodgers got let loose with money to buy a CB

17. stevieg

stevieg
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

He is alot better than West Ham standard, if he joins us he will be in our starting 11.

City need to sort their home grown quota of players out - suprising if they let him go despite all the rumours.

18. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

Everytime I've seen him this season he has played well and upstaged a lot of their so called stars. If he is on a free it's a no brainer.

Still need to buy big in CM though this summer, if Milner comes or not

19. LayneVedder

LayneVedder
    Expand Collapse

Think this would be a great signing. A lad who is willing to give up CL football to come to a club where he has a better chance of playing in his position and improving his game is the kind of lad you want IMO.

Hopefully we don't mess this up.

20. carramagic

carramagic
    Expand Collapse

Very good player. No harm signing someone who knows what it takes to win things either. He's an upgrade on the majority of our players. Hope we get this done. Would still want us to sign another midfielder.