This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Sos

Discussion in 'General LFC Discussion' started by pam, Oct 20, 2008.

1. pam

pam
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

WE are asking you all to read and join

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/

it is in our interest, and the interest of our club, Lets have a voice.

Aims

Constant Aims

To represent the best interests of our members and by extension the best interests of the supporters of Liverpool Football Club on both the local and international level.
    To hold whoever owns the football club to account.

Short Term Aims
    To institute a functioning structure for the Spirit Of Shankly.
    To create long lasting relationships with all aspects of Liverpool FC’s supporting community.
    To improve the quality of service for Liverpool FC's supporters.
    To improve the standard and value of travel arrangements for Liverpool FC’s supporters.

Medium Term Aims

To work with any relevant agencies to improve the area of Anfield.
    To build links with grassroots supporter groups both home and abroad.

Long Term Aim

To bring about supporter representation at board room level.

Ultimate Aim

Supporter ownership of Liverpool Football Club.

JOin On LIne

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join-online.html
    join by postal application
    http://www.spiritofshankly.com/documents/Spirit_Of_Shankly_Membership_Form.pdf

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#1 pam, Oct 20, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  2. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Here Here

.. you'll even get a nice badge to wear ;)

3. denashpot

denashpot
    Expand Collapse

just signed up there. brilliant what they are doing and are planning to do!

4. galway-red

galway-red
    Expand Collapse

Well done mate. The more of us that sign up for this can only be for the good of LFC in the long run.

5. crumlin red

crumlin red
    Expand Collapse

joined up on saturday after the game in the vines.
    great what there doing

6. pam

pam
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

If you want to download an application form, you can pay money to myself, and i will sort for you, if you wish,

7. Gerry

Gerry
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Everyone should be on this, some great work getting done by the sos so far, and it will only get stronger and more organised as it grows !

8. liverbird!!

liverbird!!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Just signed up! I think what they are doing is exactly what our club needs!!

9. pam

pam
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Why Join?

SOS exists to represent the wishes of Liverpool supporters. We need you to join the Union so that you can tell us what you want.

Membership is only £10 p.a. This income is used to pay for the administration of the organisation.

SOS is a persistent voice of protest against our owners. Our actions have gained positive media attention and seriously disrupted the G and H regime. The club is in the midst of its worst crisis in history. We are not against the current owners because they want to make money from the club, or because they are American, or even because they have no understanding or concept of our history and traditions. We are against them because they cannot afford to take this club forward in terms of competing with the other top clubs in player signings, they cannot afford the new stadium and are not shy about telling lie after lie to attempt to hide these blatantly obvious facts; and yes, they have persistently undermined the manager, engaged in embarassing public slanging matches and dragged the name of our club through the mud.

The more people that join the Union, the more powerful we will become, the louder these protests will be heard.

SOS is a professional body, elected democratically; but we would like that democratic process to evolve from a broader base and for this reason we need tens of thousands of members worldwide.

We are an industrial and provident society, regulated by the FSA and totally transparent in our financial activities.

We have a cordial relationship with DIC; they have publicly stated that supporter representation will be granted at boardroom level, should they be successsful in acquiring the club. Please do not assume that SOS are unconditionally behind the takeover of the club by DIC – we will attempt to hold them to account like any other potential owner; we need Liverpool supporters to join the Union so that we can decide jointly and democratically, the best way to progress the matter of fan representation – or indeed whether to progress the issue at all.

In general terms, a powerful union, with thousands of members, can effect lasting improvements to the way the club is run and the way the fans are treated.

In specific terms, by acting with one voice, through the union, we can open constructive dialogue over issues that have concerned us for years, for exampl, the ticket office, ticketing arrangements in general, travel arrangements and the great Euro rip-off.

Union members will have access to a range of benefits; the first and most tangible is travel; we are currently working on a range of travel offers and these will be operational during season 2008/09. Union members will be offered cheaper travel to matches. Do you ever travel to Euro aways? If so you will be familiar with the systematic rip off of supporters that ocurrs every time LFC play an away fixture abroad. There is no need for it; the club doesn’t benefit. We will charter our own planes, book hotels and aim to cut the cost of travel by 50%.

SOS is committed to helping the regeneration of the Anfield area and will cooperate with LFC and the city council to drive initiatives forward that will make a permanent difference to the lives of the local population. The regeneration of Anfield, our spiritual home, is something that should be of concern to all Liverpool supporters. By joining the Union you can help to drive the process forward.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

i know it's only a badge but has anyone actually got theirs?

11. callyno3

callyno3
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Nope, not recieved mine. Getting the e-mail updates alright

12. pam

pam
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

they are going out now, few lads got them on friday, from this side of the water

13. LKDAVE

LKDAVE
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

There was a big delay due to demand, but it looks like they have it all sorted now, I joined in July and only got my pack last week !! There was a mix up in fairness.
    Their end of season bash after the Man City game last May was fantastic..Roll on the next one.
    ________
    buy grinders

#13 LKDAVE, Oct 21, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  14. crumlin red

crumlin red
    Expand Collapse

i joined on saturday and havnt received any emails yet

15. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

Got mine last week.

16. dubit10

dubit10
    Expand Collapse

Joined a while back there. Excellent set up and very important for the future of the club

17. red1965

red1965
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

got my pin and membership card a couple months back

18. Gazelle

Gazelle
    Expand Collapse

Fair play making this a sticky.

19. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Hi mate

Yes, got mine in the welcome pack - took 4-5 weeks to arrive after I registered online mate.

I'd suspect they mail them out in batches, probably get the badges printed up in batches also.

20. stamullenredmen

stamullenredmen
    Expand Collapse

was going to start a thread asking was there many on here signed up.then i seen this.im still waiting on my membership pack myself im about two months since i joined,but i got a news letter in the post and get the e mails