This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Banner Procedure & Volunteering

Discussion in 'General LFC Discussion' started by Dub13, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

You can put your name down on this thread if you want to volunteer for any game,remember its your banner and we need your help to get it displayed as much as possible.

Banner Procedure.

The new banner is very easy to set up and display at the match but there's a tried and trusted method that anybody involved should stick to. Its slightly different for a midweek match so I've written both procedures up so that any member who's over for a game can read through this first and know exactly what they have to do before they go over.

SATURDAY/SUNDAY GAMES.

Four people are needed to display the banner and its best that all four people meet under the Kop scoreboard NO LATER THAN 30 MINUTES BEFORE K.O. This way if there are any problems they can be easily sorted out before the display.

I'd recommend extending the poles and taping each joint before they are put into the banner. The more experienced IK memberswill tell you were the banner is going so just go along with them and be as polite as you can with the stewards. Most of the stewards are sound but some can be a bit 'jobsworth' so politeness is the order of the day. The banner goes up for YNWA and is then put into one bundle with the poles still in and stowed in the Kop moat at the front until half time. MAKE SURE THE BANNER IS NOT PUT IN THE WAY OF THE YELLOW GATES. These are a safety feature and MUST be kept clear. Also be aware that the disabled section is directly behind the goal so be careful of the wheelchairs. Again, politeness and consideration should be shown.

At half time ONLY TWO PEOPLE make their way down to the front of the Kop to dismantle the banner and pack it. This avoids congesting the disabled section. The bags are then left in the moat until full time.

At full time the same two people go down to the moat, collect the bags and take them across to the HJC were they are stored in the room at the back until the next game. The poles will always be stored in the HJC after a weekend game but sometimes the banner is taken back to Ireland in case its needed for Euro aways.

MIDWEEK GAMES.

Exactly the same as above, under the scoreboard 30 MINUTES BEFORE KO, set up and display. If its a Euro game there's no moat so the banner goes on the first row of seats which will be empty.

After ANY midweek game the banner can't go in the HJC as the shop will be shut so me or one of the other Paisley banner lads will take the banner and poles home with us and bring them to the next game.

It might sound a bit complicated but it really isn't and by the time next season comes round hopefully we'll have a fair few IK members who will know the drill and things will just become routine. This will evolve on its own to suit your own needs. Needless to say, any of the lads who do the other wavers and banners are always available inside the ground should any problems arise.

2. barnieslad

barnieslad
    Expand Collapse

All sorted for tomorrow? I'll have the poles under the clock on time.

Kaye likes this.
  3. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

i'm not over again till the sunderland game and would be honoured to hold the banner for that game provided i get a kop tkt which i should.
    going in a half hour before KO will be completely alien to me but i'd gladly do it for this.:D
    hopefully we can take it to lille with us as well,by all accounts the banner went down very well in bucharest.
    ian (barnieslad) deserves a special mention,fair play to ye for sharing your experience with us mate..

Kaye likes this.
  4. sean

sean
    Expand Collapse

Just back in the door from Bucharest and going to get some well earned kip for a few hours. Assuming I don't sleep in tomorrow its looks like we should be all good to go! See you then Ian.

Kaye likes this.
  5. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

4 days on the ale and still raring to go,i admire your stamina young jedi..:D

6. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

Will be over for Sunderland myself so would be honoured to hold the banner for that game.

7. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

I will stick you down.

8. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

Great thanks Paul.

9. john gotti

john gotti
    Expand Collapse

can do lille at home if u need it

10. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Sunderland
    Niall

Lille
    john gotti (plus 1)

11. john gotti

john gotti
    Expand Collapse

No probs man its an honor! my bro will defo be there aswell so he can take the other side if needs be

12. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks,I have him in now aswell.

13. agi

agi
    Expand Collapse

Is it going over tonight ?

14. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Anybody else on the kop for Sunderland...?

15. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I am Paul and would be delighted to help out again.

16. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thats super,so 2 down so far.

17. MrsPepe

MrsPepe
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

I am too if I can do anything?

18. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Goodstuff,are you on the kop...?

19. MrsPepe

MrsPepe
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

I am indeed

20. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Looks like we are good to go then,if you lot want to PM each other and work out the times etc that will make everything run better.