This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

other clubs transfer rumours and makey up stories

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by glen, Jul 4, 2011.

1. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Agreed if De Gea goes, they are in trouble. Never been fond of Argentina goal keepers, so hopefully he is a disaster.

I think LVG realised last season he needs Rooney up top on his own and Mata in behind to get the best out of United. That's why Van Persie and Falcao are gone. Wilson will be back up to Rooney with the likes of Depay also attacking midfielders.

They have spent some amount of cash and I think it's hard to tell how they will gel this season. My guess is that they will be in the hunt for 3rd along with Arsenal and LFC. Can't see them getting near City or Chelsea.

2. flies

flies
    Expand Collapse

With PEA after signing a new contract at Dortmund the quality strikers are drying up City, gunners and utd all who need reinforcements in this area. I can't help but feel 1 will loss out and will regret it as the season goes on.

3. TrueRed92

TrueRed92
    Expand Collapse

Arsenal have giroud and welbeck and also Sanchez and Walcott who can play there if needed. Think they might think they are fine.

4. twixfix

twixfix
    Expand Collapse

There's a shortage of top quality players in every position. I'm amazed none of the top 4 have really showed there hand yet with all this tv money and all. With how far behind Europe's elite they are I can't see English clubs making much impact in Europe again this year.

5. flies

flies
    Expand Collapse

I dunno is there a shortage or have other league's stolen a march on the PL, i agree i cant see any English team doing well in Europe other teams look far stronger already. On another note i think if City dont do some serious business over the next few weeks they could be in danger of lossing top 4 place i also think Spurs could be in trouble unless they buy some quality first 11 players.

6. erasedcitizen1

erasedcitizen1
    Expand Collapse

I agree with the comment about City. At this moment, they look the most likely to drop out of the current top 4. They've sold Jovetic,Dzeko and brought no-one in, leaving them with only Bony to start the season. They've an ageing squad also. If Aguero does get injured a lot over the season, I think it'll be between us and them for that 4th spot.

7. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Dzeko to Roma £14m , great business for Roma

8. barrydoherty

barrydoherty
    Expand Collapse

Can't believe how cheap they got him. Top signing for them

9. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

With the wages Dzeko would be on he was never going to go for much more than that. Roma probably looking at a 50m cuid outlay with next to no resale value.Not many clubs in England could afford a deal like that and the ones that could,City probably wouldn't sell too. Very similar to the Schweinsteiger deal.Dzeko on those terms probably would have been a much better buy for ManU than Schweinsteiger,more pressing need and more chance of being a success. I like Dzeko though,he's a very good striker and will most likely do a good job there.

10. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

I can't see Roma paying the wages he was on at City , I can see a large cut of that £14m paying Dzeko off for lower wages at Roma

11. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Yeah maybe pal,we'll see what kind of wages are reported. Personally I don't see him taking too big a hit in his wages,even if he gets a whack off City and with the signing on fee and agents fees aroma will be shelling out that figure might not be too far out(I'm thinking 4 year contract here,might be only 3).

12. Beanokelly

Beanokelly
    Expand Collapse

I'm very surprised arsenal never tried to sign Dzeko he'l be a massive improvement on Giroud

13. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I think Arsenal are genuinely a striker away from winning the league at the moment, they've built a strong unit but I still think they're lacking that real top quality striker to lift the burden off the rest of the team.

The only problem is their usual inconsistent spell that hits at some stage, you just never know how bad they'll get during that.

14. Kop On

Kop On
    Expand Collapse

I think they are still short a striker, a top quality Defensive Midfielder and one or two centre halves... They have enough attacking midfield players to fill two squads!

15. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Romas average wage is around £50k for their main players , Rossi their biggest earner on about £90k

16. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Joey Barton to West Ham, him and Slaven Bilic has lolz written all over it.

17. barrydoherty

barrydoherty
    Expand Collapse

I see tweets from the West ham chairman back two years ago saying Barton was vile and should seek help :D

Good signing for WestHam. He'a warrior, will always give you 100% and maybe kick the rest of the team into shape.

18. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

He could slot into the Tyrone team as well;)

19. barrydoherty

barrydoherty
    Expand Collapse

Dunno if he would fit in. He hasn't won much as a player. Monaghan would be a better team for him, They would have something in common having won nothing either ;)

20. twixfix

twixfix
    Expand Collapse

Shaqiri to stoke is complete.