This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

League of Ireland

Discussion in 'Football Chat' started by born red 79, Apr 23, 2009.

1. born red 79

born red 79
    Expand Collapse

I'm thinkin of takin me daughter to a Pat's game. How is it for tickets like? Anyone know? Price wise and easy or not to get?

2. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Ah mate they definitely couldn't be any easier to get, there's a shed down the road from the ground where ya can pick them up on the night of the game, not sure how much they are as its a few years since i've been there but i imagine its somewhere around €10/15 for an adult, half that for a child.

3. TubbyReina

TubbyReina
    Expand Collapse

#3 TubbyReina, Apr 23, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  4. D7Hooper

D7Hooper
    Expand Collapse

No problem getting tickets on the night of a game, not this week though they are playing the mighty Hoops in Tallafornia on Saturday. Cork is their at home on th Ninth of May. Should be a decent game

5. Shane_90

Shane_90
    Expand Collapse
    Formerly Fowler-9-

Pats out in Tallaght should be good, you'd expect the scum to take full points from this one as Pats have been absolutely awful this season.

I'm living for the 16th when we get to Tallaght and take the 6th of those 8 points I promised you we would take. I'm flying away for a week a couple of hours after that game too.

Do you know anything about tickets for the Bohs game as rumour has it there's 250 tickets only being made available to us, which if i'm not mistaken is illegal as we are entitled to 10% of your overall capacity which is around 3,500 if i'm not mistaken? Surely the bucket seats will be going in?

6. born red 79

born red 79
    Expand Collapse

Ah nice one all of yous. Haven't got a clue about the Irish footy to be honest but I don't live far from Inchicore so said I might as well have a nose like. Thanks for the help and link too

7. LFC_Mark

LFC_Mark
    Expand Collapse

8. IanoM7

IanoM7
    Expand Collapse

you should take a trip to the carlisle grounds.

9. D7Hooper

D7Hooper
    Expand Collapse

It's not illegal, as far as I'm aware, there is no such law in Ireland for a percentage of tickets to be given to away fans in the league, lets face it when has it ever been an issue, but there is in cup games. Longford tried to only issue 50 tickets to us for a game a couple of years ago but when about 600 of us turned up on the night, they suddenly decided to take cash at the turnstiles. Funny that !!
    It is true we have only released 250 tickets for away fans. This was a figure agreed with the FAIlures until such time that the second stand was ready (end of July) and or the temporary/permanent seats (ala Bray) were installed. The SDCC have been dragging their heels about the temp stand on an HSA issue, they were supposed to be in for the Carkies game on Good Friday. Rumour has it that their noses have been put out of joint because they don't feel they've been getting the credit they deserve for the completion of the Stadium.

I'm sure your living for the 16th because you'll get to see a proper football stadium, with proper facilities for fans, actual real toilets that are spotless and work and not have to piss into a hole in the ground that was dug in the 1940's with no lighting and we actually have toilet facilities for women !!
    Electronic turnstiles that can let people through who were born after medieval times and the brightest floodlights you'll see anywhere.

I think we'll be a very different prospect than the first game, the lads were only finding their feet then and we have got better with every game since. Super Gary Twigg to score his second hat-trick of the season that night me thinks..!!!:D:D

10. born red 79

born red 79
    Expand Collapse

Sh1t buzz, just got all wound up for goin to me first Pat's game on the 9th when I realised I'll be in Liverpool for me cousin's communion. Still, I'll catch our game v West Ham in the pub with not a Manc in sight so I'm happy enough :D

11. TubbyReina

TubbyReina
    Expand Collapse

take your pick man,plenty of games through the summer for ye
    http://www.stpatsfc.com/fixtures.php

12. born red 79

born red 79
    Expand Collapse

yeah it's sound like. never been to an irish league game so may as well take advantage like

13. born red 79

born red 79
    Expand Collapse

Does anyone on here support an Irish club team at all?

14. LFC_Mark

LFC_Mark
    Expand Collapse

yeah pats mate,i dont get to every game but get to over as much as i can ye know.ive only got to the dundalk game so far this year but i will be getting to alot more through the season.i think me and a few mates are getting the train down to galway again.two of us went down last year it was a class trip man.

15. TubbyReina

TubbyReina
    Expand Collapse

shelbourne in the mighty 1st division,havent had the money to go the games this year due to being unemployed.the dole doesnt allow me to go,also my bills dont either.but does be great for a friday afternoon

16. paddy cork

paddy cork
    Expand Collapse

i went to my first loi game twice
    figure that one out

17. D7Hooper

D7Hooper
    Expand Collapse

Shamrock Rovers all my life...... Just a heads up, it's the League of Ireland not the irish league, thats up yonder. You would get some not so funny looks in inchicore if you said that or any other LOI ground for that matter.

18. IanoM7

IanoM7
    Expand Collapse

i suppose i have to say bray

19. born red 79

born red 79
    Expand Collapse

My Ex supported pat's. he went over to see them play celtic an that. his mate was a die hard fan. should of seen his house like, and his daughter's middle name was patrick!

20. padski08

padski08
    Expand Collapse
    YNWA

+ 1

11 years and counting :)