This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Jordan Ibe

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by carpe diem, Nov 9, 2012.

1. carpe diem

carpe diem
    Expand Collapse

I see no thread for him ... a disgrace :)

This lad will be a star ... I watch an awful lot of Liverpool outside of the first team and this lad excites me the same way Sterling did (ok not as impressive as sterling was but very impressive all the same) ... Keep an eye out for him ;)

#1 carpe diem, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  2. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

According to Brendan Rodgers in an interview Jordan Ibe will have signed his first professional contract today.

3. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Jordon Ibe ordered to ‘shoot on sight’ by Reds boss Brendan Rodgers

Brendan Rodgers has ordered his exciting young striker Jordon Ibe to “shoot on sight” as the 17-year-old bids to build on his unexpected introduction to first team football on the last day of last season.

And Ibe followed those instructions to the letter at Deepdale on Saturday with a first senior goal in Saturday’s pre-season friendly defeat of Preston.

Ibe beat keeper Declan Rudd with a shot from 20 yards and said afterwards: “The gaffer’s just told me to keep shooting whenever I get the ball.

“He’s told me if I get the chance to shoot to take it and to make my decisions earlier. He’s been helping me throughout the game.

“I’ve scored a lot of goals throughout my career – although not too many last season – and hopefully I can carry on scoring a few more.”

Ibe has been an early starter throughout his career. He made his Wycombe debut at the age of 15 in August 2011 and became Wycombe’s youngest ever scorer two months later with a superb solo goal against Sheffield Wednesday.

A surprise debutant on the last day of last season against QPR, he assisted Philippe Coutinho’s match-winner and on Saturday fired in his first senior strike from 20 yards.

“I took my time with the shot and just waited for it to cross the line and when it did I just felt so happy,” he explained. “I didn’t have a celebration so I just put my hands in front of my face. I was so relieved, and I looked at Brendan.

“It felt good today, especially with the sun out and playing with such world class players.”

The Reds boss has been instrumental in Ibe’s progress so far and the 17-year-old appreciates the one-to-one mentoring he has received.

“Obviously I’ve still got a lot to learn, especially with my defending,” he added. “but the gaffer’s helping me a lot especially what to do when I don’t have the ball. He’s showing me how to come to tuck in and watch the full-back and centre-back; knowing what to do when I haven’t got the ball.

“Hopefully I can be consistent and play well, so hopefully I can get a chance again in the first team. When I play, hopefully I can get a goal and help the squad do well this season.”

Ibe will be with the senior squad which flies out to Indonesia this week and he is relishing the experience. He said: “I’m learning from the players here just by being with them and watching them play. I’m looking forward to going with them next week and hopefully I can learn some more.”

ECHO

4. RedM

RedM
    Expand Collapse

I'd like to see him play 8-10 games in the league this season to judge if he's ready for that level yet. Unlikely though with the players in front of him.

5. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

His respect for Rodgers is good to see, really values everything that he does for him.

6. bono

bono
    Expand Collapse

[YOUTUBE]XeZVTo3dDok[/YOUTUBE]

7. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

Interesting, never would have guessed it was that.

Wonder will commentators cop onto it.

Jordan Eyeb

8. noodge74

noodge74
    Expand Collapse

I'm definitely feeling a good vIbe about this lad already. :p

#8 noodge74, Jul 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
  9. Phil!

Phil!
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Did well when he came on I thought!

10. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

I thought Gerrards comments at the end of his testimonal about this Kid were interesting. He singled him out and said we have a real star on our hands in Jordan Ibe. Have to agree with him. Its hard to believe he is 17 , as he looks well built for a 17 yr old. He also has some pace about him.

11. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

He's done well, during his few appearances for the senior team ...

No doubt he'll need very careful management over the next 1-2 years, but I'd like to see him get some gametime during the new season with the senior team (even if it's only the last 20minutes of games when we're comforable) ....

Fingers crossed, this is one of our future stars :)

12. PaddyW

PaddyW
    Expand Collapse

Ibe a good feeling about him too

13. noodge74

noodge74
    Expand Collapse

This thread makes a refreshing change from the usua Suarezl jIbes! :D

I'll stop now... :eek:

14. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Ibe: Studying Sturridge will help

Jordon Ibe claims he can achieve his dream of playing regularly in the Barclays Premier League for Liverpool by learning from the likes of Daniel Sturridge, Steven Gerrard and Luis Suarez in training at Melwood.

The winger produced a sparkling display during the U21s' 4-2 win over Manchester United on Monday night, having been named on the bench by Brendan Rodgers for the opening day victory against Stoke City.

Now, after enjoying an excellent pre-season with the first-team squad, Liverpool's new No.33 is hoping to make a big impression in 2013-14.

"I'm enjoying it a lot, obviously learning from the first-team players like Gerrard, Suarez and the other lads," Ibe told Liverpoolfc.com.

"I'm just enjoying training every day at Melwood. It helps me because they guide me. I look at Sturridge and Raheem Sterling and learn a lot from them and hopefully I can build on this chance."

Ibe netted a brilliant goal during the win over United and, reflecting on his superb strike, he added: "I enjoyed the goal. It was good because they lost the ball and I played a one-two with Fabio Borini and was fortunate to score.

"I thought we played well and we passed the ball around well and I was delighted we won the match.

"There are a few Scousers in the team and we wanted to win it against our rivals and it was good to beat them."

Ibe also had encouraging words for Borini, who netted a double strike against United.

He said: "Fabio was delighted to score his two goals, especially his last one because he missed one in pre-season from a similar position against Valerenga. It was a good goal and he did really well."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/143097-ibe-studying-sturridge-will-help

15. KOPSTAR

KOPSTAR
    Expand Collapse

Great to see this lad doing well

16. flies

flies
    Expand Collapse

For the life of me cant understand how he hasnt got a first team run yet in the PL, anytime i've seen him in the u21's he has different gravy, for me he's above Sterling atm and should be given a role in no10 roles for Sunderland.

17. Clerk

Clerk
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, but he's only 17 so needs careful minding. The guy is a joy to watch. He doesn't know what backwards is.... a real breath of fresh air.

18. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

This lad needs to be brought into the first team squad on regular basis. Showed more in one match last season than Aspas, Alberto and Moses have all this season

19. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Yes needs looking after but 5/10 games this season won't do him any harm , once the expectations can be dulled by us and he isn't expected to win a game for us , just let him play without pressure if that's possible ?

20. F@ces

F@ces
    Expand Collapse
    Part of the dance

He hasn't played much for the youths this year though, has he? Anyone know why?