This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Xbmc/Kodi

Discussion in 'Computers/Gadgets' started by No Name, Mar 8, 2013.

1. carramagic

carramagic
    Expand Collapse

Because the reason they're not using PayPal and stripe is because they can't anymore. They are stealing sky's streams after all. They'll surely lose quite a few subscribers due to this but I'm sure the guy who set it up has made an absolute fortune already. Hopefully it sticks around anyway as it's brilliant

2. Bruno Ben

Bruno Ben
    Expand Collapse

3. wonit5times

wonit5times
    Expand Collapse

Anyone recommend a cheap enough android box for running kodi etc that's running latest android version??

4. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

T95z Plus is the absolute business. I'd highly recommend it. I got one for myself, and then bought another 3 for my family and a friend.
    Currently runs on Android 7.1 Nougat. I'd recommend you get a Bluetooth keyboard for any Android box you end up getting. I found the Rii8 mini to be really useful, and it's less than 10quid with delivery.

Garrett likes this.
  5. wonit5times

wonit5times
    Expand Collapse

Cool that looks like a decent model alright. Where did you buy from?

I have a Logitech keyboard which is fantastic. I have an old minix box but can't update it for newer android version so kodi hasn't been great on older version so I haven't used kodi on it for a while just terrarium and plex.
    I've just lost the server I was using for free on plex too which is a bummer too

6. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

I bought it from Amazon, paid a little more, but delivery was next day with my Prime membership and they offer great buyer protection.

Garrett and wonit5times like this.
  7. Dylan Cooper

Dylan Cooper
    Expand Collapse

I went to googling and found this blog-post related to Covenant Kodi Installation Guide. It is a step by step guide just follow the steps and easily install/download Covenant Kodi latest version.
    Hope it helps :)

8. Wilsondrake

Wilsondrake
    Expand Collapse

You can setup covenant through colossus repository but recently URL for colossus has been down. So I have reinstalled Covenant Kodi using kodil repository. You can follow the link its easier to setup and takes less time to stream.

9. Dylan Cooper

Dylan Cooper
    Expand Collapse

I was using Exodus before, but because of some issues using Exodus, i switched Covenant (Replacement of Exodus).
    Follow the Guide of how to install Covenant Kodi Addon

Dub13 likes this.
  10. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

Anyone following Kodi tips on Twitter? Convenant add on is gone more or less . Won't be able to download it,or update it.. but if u still have it should work. These free add on are getting less and less

11. wonit5times

wonit5times
    Expand Collapse

Which add-ons are still working and best links etc that lads are using at the minute?

Haven't used kodi in 5 or 6 months easily and would it be an advantage to use realdebrid also??

12. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Football Without Fans Is Nothing

Anyone looking to get the best from Kodi this is want you want. Installs all the popular add ons in a build. A quick google and you will have it up and running in 10/15 minutes

Dub13 and wonit5times like this.
  13. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Bob Unleashed isn't bad ...

Also, while I'm late to the party, found a nice little app to work the old firestick if you've misplaced or broken your original remote - see: firetvremoteapp on Playstore.

14. sligo fan

sligo fan
    Expand Collapse

I have Lodi 17.0 on Amazon fire stick and it is working OK for ad dons like exodus and sports devil - do I need to upgrade to kodi 17.4 and what benefits will I get from doing this? Thanks.

15. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

What's "Lodi 17.0" ? :D

When 17.0, then 17.1 and even 17.2 were released, there were bugs in them, with lots of people reporting all sorts of problems. I personally tried 17.0 had a nightmare and removed it, returning to 16.1 (which is what I'm still running now).

I think at this stage, the releases for v17 have settled down and as time is moving on, it strikes me that more and more developers are now programming with v17 in mind, so for example my version 16 may not be compatible with all add ons anymore.

If you are not having any problems then there's probably no urgent need to upgrade, but in time you'll run into the same problem as I'm starting to see, with certain add ons not working because your on too old a version of Kodi. That'll probably be as good a signal as any to upgrade, unless someone on a more recent version can point to specific features on later releases that may appeal to you.

sligo fan likes this.
  16. carramagic

carramagic
    Expand Collapse

Covenant going is bad news. Add ons aren't lasting like they used to.

17. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Nope, unfortunately not ...
    that's why I mentioned Bob Unleashed above, its about he only add on I've installed in the last few months that has been in any way consistent.

18. sligo fan

sligo fan
    Expand Collapse

thanks for that - i will probably leave ss is for the moment.

Garrett likes this.