This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Xbmc/Kodi

Discussion in 'Computers/Gadgets' started by No Name, Mar 8, 2013.

1. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

Kodi boxes are legal. Although there's actually no such thing. There are Android Boxes which have been augmented with Kodi. Android boxes aren't illegal, nor is Kodi. In fact, even streaming content that's paid subscription based isn't illegal. Downloading is illegal, and making a profit off of paid subscription content is illegal. So the average consumer is perfectly fine to keep doing what they are doing.

2. sligo fan

sligo fan
    Expand Collapse

I have an amazon firestick, with Kodi as an add on - can members please advise me re what are the best add ons that I should put on kodi for streaming the sports channels (please put in simple language for me) - thanks. hope this makes sense!

3. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Being totally honest you willl have frustration with any free Add Ons for Sports. Sports Devil is good and there are some others however you know when it's a big game you really want to watch it will buffer at the wrong time. You will see Sportsmania mentioned on here a bit and it's a few extra quid however you can also use it on other devices and is the business

sligo fan likes this.
  4. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Yep, install the sportsmania app on to the firestick and you'll get all the sport you want, £26 for 6 months but worth every penny.

sligo fan likes this.
  5. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

Or get DC Sports and get it all free ;).. Its the best add on ive downloaded

sligo fan likes this.
  6. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

Anyone with kodi 17.1. My live tv seems to keep cutting out after 5/10 mins.it only happened in last week or 2. Ive tried few things on the forums and still same

7. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

I've resisted upgrading from version 16 to date, have read about too many problems people are having.... if it's really bad, I'd go back to an earlier version of Kodi tbh mate.

8. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Been using it since the day it went live and no major issues for me.

Garrett likes this.
  9. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

I've had no issues with it myself, a lot of the issues seem to come from the skin used, so if you switch that to Confluence (the standard skin from 16) you should be better off. Also, any issue I've ever had with Kodi has disappeared since I got a good quality Android Box and used an Ethernet cable.

I know I previously stated I don't use Kodi much. But I've switched back in to use UltimateMania with On-Tapp TV Guide and it's quality altogether.

Garrett likes this.
  10. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

I use that skin also while also have internet connection hardwired into Android TV

11. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

12. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Well, cheap may not always be cheerful.

I took the plunge (sort of by accident) recently and tried to update from Kodi 16.1 to 17.1 on my Firestick - absolute disaster.

The upgrade took, got the app to open and got the "first run" message when opened 17.1, but after that it kept reverting back to the general firestick menu. Then when I tried to open Kodi, it just wouldn't open - black screen. Tried clearing cache and one or two other hints I'd read about on the net but no joy. Ultimately got ticked off and removed it, have gone back to 16.1 again.

I take the point about using a decent android box mate, but just wondering, is anyone here running 17.1 trouble free on a firestick and if so, did it work perfectly from Day 1 (via an upgrade from 16.1) or were there problems to overcome etc ?

Thanks.

13. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

I've been running wookie/spmc on my firestick for a while now and it's working very well, only really use it to watch the odd movie/TV show though to be honest.

Garrett likes this.
  14. leonsdaddy

leonsdaddy
    Expand Collapse

Was running 17.1 on firestick with no issues. Recently bought a android box and have it running on that. Couldn't get used to the layout on 17.1 so went back to confluence skin.

Did you update your kodi to 17.1 or did you do a fresh install ?

Garrett likes this.
  15. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Hi mate,

I updated, as wanted to retain all of my stuff and the good people at Kodi were obviously providing the option to update so I expected it to work ok.

16. leonsdaddy

leonsdaddy
    Expand Collapse

I have only ever done fresh installs as I have heard updating doesn't fully update for some reason. I just install fusion for tvaddons as it has the major add ons and install one or two other add ons. I have a very basic setup anyway.

17. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

I use TVaddons myself - generally very good

.....it's possibly the firestick, rather than the software in fairness (it's a fairly basic piece of kit as you know).

18. leonsdaddy

leonsdaddy
    Expand Collapse

Never really had an issue with the firestick. If its just for movies and tv shows then it is perfect. I use a sub add on for sports and tv so thats the only reason I upgraded to a box .

19. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

20. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

That what your using these days mate ?