This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

What really grinds your gears.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Maverick, Apr 27, 2011.

1. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

It's alright mate,the only thing I hate more than racism is Polacks so work away.

2. Gerry

Gerry
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

The people who made that video mocking grenfell tower are horrible cunts

I cant get my head around people doing such a thing

Im not posting it but its all over social media

Pathetic excuse for humans

3. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

James McClean isn't often my cup of tea but he's become the hero I didn't even realise we needed on the poppy debate. Hopefully these right win idiots that have hijacked it now will eventually ruin it and the thing will die off. I'm fed up of it every year.

Liverpool-law likes this.
  4. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Munster going on about winning a ring match 40 years ago.

5. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Totally unacceptable behavior, what would possess someone to do this is beyond me and I see that they've arrested 5 people but what are they going to charge them with?

It got me thinking about last year when Martin McGuinness died and the Neanderthals with their bonfires up North burned effigies of him in his casket on their fires. Is there really much they can actually do about something like this?

6. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

They are calling it a 'possible' public order offence so no idea if there will be any convictions or not.
    The lads handed themselves in to the cop shop which was strange.
    Were they all drunk/high and then regretted it when the sobered up?
    Or did they misjudge the reaction they would get and decided to come clean instead of waiting for a knock on their door?
    Scumbags whoever they are.

7. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

Waiting to get on public transport and people standing on top of the door literally stopping people getting off. Saw one fella actually getting on ahead of people getting off one day. He actually barged the fella getting off to get on. Saw a few cutting across others one day on the platform as well to get on. Is getting a seat that important as opposed to just getting on. Some of these people are adults.

babbsnads likes this.
  8. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I've seen people refuse to leave their seats on a carriage when the engine underneath was literally on fire but in general people do seem to be losing their mind more on public transport. Had an irate passenger a couple of weeks ago accuse me of orchestrating a bridge strike,the theory seemed to be it would help me get more money:)

9. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

I use the Luas myself and it's nearly everyday now. Saw people get on at different doors and then literally race to get the seats from both doors. I see people position themselves on the platform so they are at the door when it pulls in. Also starting to notice people keep the head down and pretend they can't see elderly people. One pregnant lady got up one day for a pensioner while one fella kept the head down.

10. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

I get the Sligo train every wednesday evening and it is fcukin rammed, not a hope of a seat, thankfully I'm getting off at the first stop so don't mind standing but I wouldn't fancy having to stand all the way to Sligo.

11. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Remember being in China and its a total free for all trying to get off and get on. Every man, woman and child for themselves. If you don't manage to get on before door closes tough shit and if you dont manage to get off in the rush then tough shit, nobody will help you. Looks like we're catching up.

Niall likes this.
  12. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

I missed a flight once in Birmingham because I couldn't get off the train with so many people coming the opposite way*

*I was in upper class when I shouldn't have been and it was a silent carriage and I wasn't paying attention but still it annoyed me a lot and cost me a few quid.

Stevie S likes this.
  13. £6.50

£6.50
    Expand Collapse

People who don't know what a junction box is :mad:

14. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

Is it 'A', a waiting area for the lights to change?

15. stamullenredmen

stamullenredmen
    Expand Collapse

Traffic in Dublin. The f*ckin state of it in the mornings is unreal

16. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

You can thank the Irish government (at local and national level) for that.... pi$$ poor planning, plain and simple.

The following list is fairly simple stuff, but for some reason our ejits can't manage to implement any of it....

• Start schools an hour earlier / later in the mornings, to get those dropping kids to school out of the 8-9am commute window.
    • Promote a serious national campaign for flexitime across private businesses. That helps get people communting at different times, not all trying to get into town for 9am
    • Ban the likes of bin collections and non essential deliveries during peak hours
    • Put some serious investment into public transport, so there are real alternatives to driving a private car into the city on a regular basis
    • Stop removing precious road space, a limited resource already with no room for new roads across the city, in favour of bus lanes with sod all buses in them etc.

17. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I'm not going to even pretend to have a clue about planning and traffic management but if you start school an hour later(although it would suit me down to the ground),how do working people drop their kids to school? And would starting an hour earlier not put more pressure on parents as well as impacting the child's school/life balance and that's without the logistical problems of finishing an hour earlier.

18. dantheman23

dantheman23
    Expand Collapse

19. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

School finishing times are more of an issue for traffic.
    Pretty much every kid or 3rd level starts at 9am - 9.30 a. so its mad for about an hour or so.

Then from 1pm you have the little kiddies getting out, and the schools here are staggered to finsh at 2.40, 3.30, 4, and 5 for some college.

So you basically are in madness from 1 - 5, at which point the grown ups are on the go.

God I love when theyre on mid term or holidays

20. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

A few things in the world of tv/movies that get on my tits...
    Some have annoyed me for years (such as 1, 4 +5) while others are more recent (2+3)

1) Lens flare

2)When the end of a true story movie has real life footage or worse, interviews.
    I don't mind a few lines to say "Ann and Barry still live happily married together. Bran was hit by a car in 1989 and died." or whatever, and a photo to go along with it. But showing actual footage and interviews ruins the end of an otherwise good movie by breaking the fourth wall imo.

3) PC idiots protesting against straight actors playing gay roles.
    Scarlet Johannson quit a transgender role due to the backlash because she is not transgender. Jack Whitehall has also been criticised for agreeing to play a gay character.
    These protesters don't seem too bothered when a gay actor plays a straight character. Do these people understand the definition of acting?

4) People of colour being allowed to reference skin colour but white people can't.
    On Would I Lie to You recently, a black rapper who was very 'street', said to the rest of the panel who were white "yo, I have to say...I'm black and I don't understand what the hell you're talking about".
    I'm pretty sure if it was a roles reversed, a white person saying similar to a black panel, would not get the laughs the rapper got.

5) People who are not straight being allowed make sexual references that a straight person can't.
    80 year old Ian McKellen said to a handsome 30 year old actor on a chat show: "I'd like to see YOU in tights"
    Pretty sure if Ian was straight and said it to a 30 year old woman he would not have got the laughs he did.

I don't actually have a problem with what was said by the rapper or Ian McKellan (besides it not being very funny).
    I just have a problem with these double standards which have existed for years.

I have the day off today and am bored, hence the long winded rant.
    And yes, I'm white and straight and feel oppressed.