This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

What position will LFC end the 18/19 season in..?

Discussion in 'General LFC Discussion' started by Dub13, Aug 7, 2018.

?

What position will LFC end the 18/19 season in..?

Poll closed Sep 7, 2018.
  1. Winners

59.1%
  2. 2nd

36.4%
  3. 3rd

4.5%
  4. 4th

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 5th

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 6th

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Below 6th

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, Klopp's got the look in fairness

PaddyW, NoName7, Fran74 and 1 other person like this.
  2. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

We must be cracking up all the 80's/90's Swedish pop rock fans on here with our wit.

3. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse

They must've been loving it, but it's probably over by now. It must've been good, but we lost it somehow.

NoName7 and Fran74 like this.
  4. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

5. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I've gone for 2nd in this, not out of any particular belief that we cannot win it but realistically City should win it again this year, sod's law that our squad in years coincides with maybe the best ever in the league. By the time they play us in October they may well have won every game with the run of fixtures they've got I'd nearly expect them to take full points.

Utds squad overall looks a bit stronger than ours but I'm counting on Jose to counteract that throughout the season and Spurs look like a team that could suffer from a lack of depth and players not getting much rest after the WC. Hard to quantify Chelsea and Arsenal but we should finish ahead of them.

All things being equal I think 2nd is where we'll finish but I certainly don't see us outside the top 4 even if things don't go as well as we would hope. Make sure we beat the fodder at home and away and the rest will take care of itself, after that we need to hope City underperform.

6. prendy

prendy
    Expand Collapse

Will there be two separate parades for CL and League titles or do they parade both together?

Beanokelly, NoName7 and bobby benitez like this.
  7. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I think we're looking at different squads mate.

8. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Hopefully so mate, just hope that is how it transpires during the season.

babbsnads likes this.
  9. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

It's impossible to know how things will work out over the season but I'm very confident that on paper we've the better squad. Best players imo in their positions/areas of the pitch and rest of the squads who can realistically expect game time this season.

De Gea>Alisson
    TAA?Valencia
    Van Dijk>Bailly
    Lovren>Lindelof
    Robertson>Shaw
    Keita?Pogba
    Henderson?Matic
    Milner>Fred
    Salah>Lukaku
    Mane>Martial
    Firmino>Rashford

Karius,Clyne,Gomez,Matip,Klavan,
    Moreno,
    Fabinho,Wijnaldum,Lallana,Sturridge,
    Shaqiri,Jones,Solanke

Romero,Darmian,Jones,Smelling,
    Young,Fellaini,Rojo,Pereira,McTominay,Mata,Lingaard,Herrera,Sanchez.

With the question marks in the head to heads I think there's a fair argument to be made their player is better but also a fair argument against and I wouldn't swap our player for theirs in any of those match ups.I think you also have to take into account how each team plays and how suited the players are to that system which gives us another edge.

edcarroll02 likes this.
  10. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Yeah fair enough Babbs, can't argue with anything there too much. I wasn't looking specifically at first 11's to be honest as I think we're slightly stronger there but it was the depth after the first 11 that I was really referring to but when you see it wrote down now there's probably not much between them either. I think we've a manager that is capable of getting more our of his players than Jose is anyway but as with everything only time will tell for sure.

babbsnads likes this.
  11. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

I am surprised first is so far ahead.

12. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Based on form over the last season, you think LFC had a stronger first XI however perhaps weaker squad. LFC have definitely strengthened more than them however if you look at second half of the season both Pogba and Sanchez did very little. A lot of noise around Pogba at the moment but if he stays which looks likely and Mourinho gives him permenant captaincy he could have a great season. Sánchez for me is their key player though. He has had a rest this summer for first time in 10 years and if Mourinho can get the best out of him, he is player of the year material.

At the moment LFC rightly favourites to finish above them however at Xmas last year, I’d say it was same scenario and somehow they got second comfortably enough. Perhaps due to CL commitments for LFC, but who’s to say we won’t have same end of this season. City way out in front, United dumped out in first knockout and reds steaming through teams in the CL. A lot of variables and I don’t think Klopp places that much emphasis on the difference between 2nd and 4th.

13. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I might be in the minority but for me Sanchez has a reputation way above what he actually is as a player.Its incredible how often he gives the ball away and if he does enough in a Mourinho team to make that sacrifice worth it I'll be surprised,it hasnt been up until now.Martial,Rashford and Lingaard would all contribute more imo if they were given the same opportunities and belief from their manager,Lingaard already is. If they finish ahead of us for whatever reason I don't think it will matter much as it will probably mean we finish 3rd or 4th but we have a squad that could finish above City with a few things falling in our favour,as far as I'm concerned they haven't.

14. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Just shy of a third through the season and probably a good opportunity to look at the lay of the land in the league. The separation is starting to show just a little bit, City are out in front marginally and liverpool with a small gap from the field in 2nd. From where City are Arsenal and everyone below are now irrelevant, there are three teams that can possibly challenge City, Us, Chelsea and Spurs.

Our own form has been consistent in only one way, we've continued to win every game we should have and held our own in all of the big games, the win away to Spurs could be massive for us. I'm wary of saying this because I'm probably being overly naive but if we've decided to manage our way through the first segment of the season then perhaps we're primed to explode into the Christmas period. City still look too strong but as long as we maintain pressure you can never rule anything out, they had nothing to worry them last year!

15. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

They are settling into a nice groove city. Tearing teams apart in 3rd gear it's frightening to think what they could achieve this season. Frightening and sickening from our pov. Without reaching anywhere near our full potential so far this season we've done excellent results wise. Really hope we can live with them as they hit this purple patch and who knows after Chrimbo but it's going to be very tough.

16. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Half way point, glad I was wrong so far.

Pfoley likes this.
  17. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse

Jaysus I might of got 1 right

Dub13, Brendinho, Tom28 and 1 other person like this.
  18. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

None of Liverpool, City or Spurs are going to win all of their 19 remaining games. Basing it on 2nd place (Spurs), it means 90 points is likely to win the league (to surpass 2nd place). I thought in the summer City won't get 100 again, but might get 90+. A few weeks ago they looked like they'd surpass 100. Their two recent losees is a massive positivity for us.

We have played well beyond our expected level, and if I am right, we are unbeaten and at the highest points after 19 games ever.

Dub13 likes this.
  19. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Its about time.

glen and DARREN26 like this.
  20. Terry

Terry
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

I can barely watch anymore , come on REDS!