This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

What attacking midfielder would you buy and why ?

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by Garrett, Jan 6, 2018.

1. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

9 are penalties

2. DaveB

DaveB
    Expand Collapse

If the rumours are true about Fekir's asking price dropping to around 15-20m I think he's worth the gamble. Could play as an attacking mid and could also fill in for Bobby. Might even be able to play on the left of the front 3 similar to Coutinho did before he left.

Garrett likes this.
  3. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Wages probably still about £7/8m a season , does any club want to risk over a 4 year contract about £50m

I’d guess some might try to sign him on a free in Jan to bring the cash risk down

4. DaveB

DaveB
    Expand Collapse

Yeah the wages are a fair point, but I think the way we heavily
    incentivise the contracts could work. Knowing the prep we put into scouting and recruitment I think it would be strange if we weren't interested at a low transfer value

Garrett likes this.
  5. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

We’re probably waiting until January and sign him on a free or for a very low fee for the second half of the season

6. DaveB

DaveB
    Expand Collapse

I'd say someone will snap him up before then. Lyon won't want to lose him for nothing.

Garrett likes this.
  7. D-Red2

D-Red2
    Expand Collapse

Fekir is the obvious one considering that we were keen before so not surprising to see him linked again but the medical issue from last time might still scare the club off doing it.
    I'm not even certain we need another attacking midfielder, I'm a fan of Shaqiri and still believe he will come good for us, just happening quite slowly for him but that's not unusual with Klopp's signings. It takes time.
    I know it wont happen but I like Maddison from Leicester by the way. Diving git but a really tidy creative young player and he handled the step up from Norwich to Leicester effortlessly.
    I think he'll go on to play for one of the top clubs. Would cost stupid money though and probably not even on our radar.

I don't honestly see us doing a lot of transfer activity this Summer. It's an excellent squad now and Klopp never seemed the type to buy for the sake of it.
    A left back should be a priority to cover for Andy coz we were lucky he didn't miss many games and Millie ain't gonna have the legs for LB role much longer. So we need cover there.

8. NotTooXabi

NotTooXabi
    Expand Collapse

If Eriksen is not hanging round at Spurs(based on comments he's up for a new challenge) we should be having a word in his shell

Garrett likes this.
  9. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Don’t think he would suit LFC style at present. He is excellent player however I am not sure how much better he is than a fully fit Adam Lallana. He is not a Bayern, Real, Barca level player in my opinion and at the moment that is LFC level.

10. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

In fairness Rocco, £150k a week isn't really big money for a talented player these days though. Granted, it might be a tad high for him, but he's probably a £120k a week lad across most of the bigger PL clubs.

Suspect he'd be far more expensive than Fekir, in terms of payroll.

11. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Wages are fine , it’s laying out £50m is fine but on a player who’s knee could explode and his career finished that’s I guess why any deal didn’t happen last season
    I’d say Ox been injured made us have a rethink

12. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

Ox will be like a new signing. I can't wait. I still think back to his long range strike against City in the 3-0 CL quarter last season. :)

13. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

I wont be crying like a spoilt child although the twitterverse will lose its shit.

Keita to go to another level. It's like we've g
    Signed ox all over again and shaq to see a more game time hopefully.

Would I take a coutinho back? I would.

14. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

How much would you pay for Coutinho though? I'd probably pay £60m-80m.

15. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

It's hard to put a price on top class talent these days. Tricky given the circumstances and all hypothetical if he's probably going nowhere

16. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

I'm just using it as a percentage of what we sold him for. We sold him for more than he was worth, and I'd only splash out on him to bring him back for less than he's worth now.

But as you said, it is all hypothetical. I suppose that's the fun of silly season! ;)

Garrett and mushypea like this.
  17. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

While we still see mention of the possibility of him coming back to LFC, I'm not sure how welcome he'd be. That aside, I'd imagine that we'd want to rub Barca's nose in it a bit, so would probably only be willing to pay circa £50m for him, and they'd really hate the thoughts of having to sell him back to us at that kinda loss. Actually, for that reason alone, I'd say there's no way he's coming back to us.

xRedmanLFCx likes this.
  18. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

I'd pay feck all.. he burnt his Bridges and the grass wasn't greener..so feck him

Terry likes this.
  19. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

I’d prefer to spend elsewhere, on a player full committed

Personally wasn’t very impressed with the way he got his move

20. Pfoley

Pfoley
    Expand Collapse

I wasn't either but it's the game these days. Southampton fans will claim VVD done the same sort of things to get his move he wanted. I wouldn't let it stop us from brining him back at the right price. He's a class player and something different that we don't have, loved him as the most advanced midfielder of a 3.