This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

What are you paying for Sky TV these days ?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Garrett, Sep 1, 2018.

1. this

this
    Expand Collapse

Moving into our place in a while & looking for the best option as well. Missus & the young ones use Netflix but rarely go near 'regular' telly - with the IPTV they recommend on the website that you have a LAN connection to stream properly, can I assume that 99% of people on here are streaming from their smart TV on wifi?

2. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Is that Ethernet?
    A lot of devices have that option, personally I connect through wifi and it's fine.

3. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Hi,

Just for info. Sky offered €30pm for 12 months for basic package and HD (incl F1).

diceyreilly likes this.
  4. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

I have a cable directly into the router. In my experience better than over WIFI as if you have all the phones and tablets on WiFi as well, it can have a small impact

5. this

this
    Expand Collapse

Cheers for the info lads. Aye that would be the ethernet cable port for sure Superfan - was just curious if in the real world the wifi connection will do the job if the router is elsewhere. But to save myself raging at the missus to get the fook off instagram during a Merseyside Derby, might see if we can move the router to the sitting room & hardwire it to the telly.

6. Mico

Mico
    Expand Collapse

Wi-Fi will be fine as long as decent strength connection.
    Most routers these days have two different Wi-Fi band connection signals to avoid congestion.

this likes this.
  7. south

south
    Expand Collapse

A wifi powerline adapter is all you need.

https://www.techradar.com/news/the-best-powerline-adaptors

Saves you having to move the router.

8. LFCToohey

LFCToohey
    Expand Collapse

Don't know if anyone will be able to help with this. I have an Eir subscription and I avail of the BT sports package with Eir (free BT sports). I have two sky Q boxes and it is only on one of them which is used the least (the main sky Q box) I want to have it on both sky Q boxes or at least just the secondary one which i use the most. I rang sky and they said its nothing to do with them. Im waiting on a response from Eir but I suspect they will be useless or take about two weeks to get back.

9. cunnerz21

cunnerz21
    Expand Collapse

You want eir on both boxes is it??? You can do that. Just log into myeir and you can put in the viewing card number of your second box there and it should add it on right away.

LFCToohey likes this.
  10. Pfoley

Pfoley
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Dont have sky Q box just the regular multiroom box and I needed to go online on Eir and put both viewing card numbers in to Activate it on both boxes.
    https://subscribe.eirsport.ie/eircustomer

LFCToohey likes this.
  11. LFCToohey

LFCToohey
    Expand Collapse

Ah right sound ill give that a go now. I thought that was just for devices i.e phone ipad etc

12. LFCToohey

LFCToohey
    Expand Collapse

Turns out our sky q boxes have the same viewing card number and i had to ring Eir for them to transfer the signal to the secondary box. 20 minute (35c per min) phone call later and its sorted.