This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

What are you paying for Sky TV these days ?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Garrett, Sep 1, 2018.

1. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

Watching the Milan Derby semi final here and BT advertising they will going under name TBT Sports from July. The little bit I've read up on its owned by Warner Bros and Discovery and have bought BT Sports and Eurosport. From an Irish viewer perspective will anything change or still provided as the Sports Extra package through Sky anyone know?

2. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

It would be great if at the start of the phone call with Virgin where I'm pretending I'm cancelling, the sales person would go straight to the offer we both know we'll get to eventually, saving us both a lot of time. But we both have to do the dance.

3. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Sure calls are recorded for training and quality purposes Mick.

babbsnads likes this.
  4. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Unwelcome mental image now of you crooning Garth Brooks down the phone to a swooning Virgin tv employee. :confused:

GaryMc and babbsnads like this.
  5. carramagic

carramagic
    Expand Collapse

They offered me €15 off for 3 months last summer, then €15 for 6. I told them I was going to sky. They told me everyone has issues with sky's broadband and I'd be back within the cooling off period.

They rang back a few days after offering me half price for 6 months. I told them I'd already booked the sky installer. They then offered me half price for 12 months but sky was the same price for a year and I was fed up with their nonsense!

babbsnads likes this.
  6. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I got the half price for 6 months in the initial phone call,after those same two 15 euro off offers, which is what I rang up to get as its what I get every year. I had absolutely no intention of cancelling though, because Sky in my area only offer Eir broadband.

7. MR KING KENNY

MR KING KENNY
    Expand Collapse

I changed to Vodafone and got 500 meg for 30 a month for a year. My year was up a few weeks ago and they gave it to me for 35 a month