This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

West Ham -v- Liverpool

Discussion in 'Match Day (Closed)' started by glen, Nov 6, 2021.

1. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Yeah,but in reality there was.

2. Joedared

Joedared
    Expand Collapse

No there wasn't ...... or if I agree with you and say there was........ it wasn't good enough.
    So team and coaches are to blame

3. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Yeah the obvious thing I thought would have been to plonk VVD in the zone in front of Alisson as that’s where the ball was likely to end up. Instead the best header of the ball is nowhere near where they are targeting.

4. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

West Ham?

5. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

yeah west ham.

6. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Well knowing Klopp I'd be very surprised if he didn't take responsibility for what his players do on the pitch. But personally I saw one of the best coached teams in the league when it comes to set pieces(and everything else) have a bad day defending them against THE best team in the league at attacking set pieces,and attacks on the staff claiming they didn't prepare the team properly are imo unnecessarily disrespectful. That might be just me though.

mushypea likes this.
  7. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

The best header of the ball protecting one of the nest keepers in the world wouldn't have made sense to me. They'd of targeted other areas,in fact they did target other areas. From my recollection they had 3 headers on our goal from corners. The first goal at the front post,the third goal at the back post and a header off the bar from a central position. I honestly think the autopsy on how we set up is way over the top. If Alisson is on his game, we probably don't concede any of those goals.

vodkacolly likes this.
  8. RedPaddy

RedPaddy
    Expand Collapse

Mellor on Prem League review made a very valid point for the 2nd goal. He said it should not have stood.
    I knew myself that Antonio was offside in the immediate build up, but had discounted it as having any bearing on the goal, however as Mellor showed, Antonio then body checks virgil & blocks his path to making a tackle on fornel, a tackle which he only missed by a whisker in the end

9. Kop202

Kop202
    Expand Collapse

The 2nd goal annoyed me more than the other 2. Ox takes a yellow and stops the break away and the game is still 1-1. Milner gets booked so often but when u look at a lot of them yellows they're all very clever ones stopping counter attacks
    Just a bit of naivety from Ox

10. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

During the play, live time, I was saying "Don't foul! Don't foul!" because it was 3 defenders against one opponent dribbling from his own half. There is no way he should have been able to get through them all. But in hindsight, they should have fouled him. :)

Kop202 likes this.
  11. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Or just tackled him would have been fine, as you've said numbers were not an issue here!

12. RedPaddy

RedPaddy
    Expand Collapse

On the west ham 1st goal, we had similar goal ruled out against the mancs when ref adjudged virgil fouled de gea & Bobby curled home ...