This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

WBA v LFC 21/4/18 12.30 KO

Discussion in 'Match Day (Closed)' started by dk.lfc, Apr 18, 2018.

1. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Amount of shots we had on target also hurt us as we were still clinical with 3 on target and 2 goals , West Brom had 6 on target which I thought was surprising to see its double ours .

Bad day at the office , let’s just move on

2. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Westbrom score more from set pieces than any other side in the league , we should have been more aware .
    Second goal I though both Milner and Lovern were in the wrong position to react to the cross and Rondons movement

First goal Van totally missed the cross and didn’t get out quickly enough but watching the replay wasnt to Blame for keping them onside

Hopefully it’s awake up call for Rome set pieces .

#102 ROCCO, Apr 22, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  3. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

We didn't get out of third gear, some of the key decisions from the officials were poor I thought. We had a stonewall penalty and the free for their second goal was very soft at best. The number of changes was bound to disrupt our play, the lack of strength in depth was highlighted again, we just cannot swap like for like as some of the teams up the top end of the league can. Point is better than nothing but hoped we'd have 4th wrapped up by now. Still need 4 points from 3 games, one of which is away to a Chelsea side who seem to have played out of that rut they were in and have a glimmer of hope.

4. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I honestly have no issue with the free kick for the second goal.Initial foul,ref tries to play an advantage,There isn't one so he brings it back.

I think the lack of strenght in depth question is one that's never going to go away with Klopp.We've already gotten better in terms of the average strenght of our bench and it will probably get better again,but I think the dynamic he likes/needs in his squad will always leave us a couple of injuries away from that accusation.The impression I get from him is he thinks the positives outweigh the negatives by working like that and I probably agree.Im pretty sure the end of the next transfer window will see the same complaints about not doing enough that we've had after every other one so far.

5. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

All the same to us but the 3 man panel of ex refs did not unanimously agree Hegazi punching Ings in the stomach warranted a red card :)

6. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Given the way he did it with the pissy little "punch" my thoughts on it was he was trying to give him a knock in the balls, a small dig would be enough to put a guy out of commission in a match for the next 5-10 minutes maybe.

7. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I couldn't believe how stupid it was.If you're going to commit a blatantly obvious red card offence then at least make it count.I think he stupidity of Dawson's tackle on Ings saved him from giving away a peno too,with the ref thinking he couldn't have been thick enough to foul somebody in that situation.

8. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Unfortunately they both got away with it and it ended up costing us 2 points. Did the fact that the three refs didn't unanimously agree mean that Hegazi doesn't face any further action?

9. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Yep

10. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

That's piss poor, force doesn't come into it, deliberate use of a closed fist... as I say, if he got him in the nuts with that Ings would be winded for 10 minutes, same amount of force. Would he be red-carded for that?

11. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Have to hand it to some refs,even when they haven't got the excuse of "managing a game",they still use context to ignore the laws of the game.

12. £6.50

£6.50
    Expand Collapse

Refereeing in the pl is just not up to scratch hence no pl refs at wc.

13. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

I always thought it was my obvious bias against Utd that had me thinking the decisions they got were slightly iffy. With Wengers decision to leave Sky sports have had a couple of Arsenals big wins over Utd on.

Fuck me the decisions Utd got would make Juventus blush. Arsenal needed a doctors report to get a foul while a fart from an Arsenal player was enough to award a penalty to Utd.

Foxx92 and NoName7 like this.
  14. kopdub

kopdub
    Expand Collapse

The really good news is the premier league clubs voted against VAR so all these fuck ups can now be ignored! Absolute madness

15. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Seen enough of the current VAR implementation against West Brom to not want in near term. It’s even worse than the shit refs.

Not in Premier League but Salahs goal against City in first leg would have been ruled out and City would have gotten the goal in second leg for sure.

Over course of season would be interesting to see how many LFC big moments and goals would have been chalked off by VAR. Probably more than we think.

redabbey likes this.
  16. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Sane's goal would have stood but IMO Salah's goal would have still stood.
    Would VAR be in use for peno shouts?if so they would have had one for Robbos on Sterling

17. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

And the Jesus goal would of been ruled out but I don't think you can look at it along the lines of which goals would my team have had taken off them etc. Nobody complains about the decisions the officials got correct as there's no sense of injustice. Getting more decisions right will always be a good thing but they need to figure out how to implement the system.

18. kopdub

kopdub
    Expand Collapse

It’s not just about Liverpool it’s about getting the key decisions right for all games! Yes they made a balls of it in the early stages but that would have improved with time imo!

19. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Key decisions are generally decisions that involve red cards, penalties or goals. I can see a time when every goal is checked before being awarded.

Please refrain from cheering until everything has been checked. It will kill the game and for what? So Sky can pretend not to be outraged by a decision? Football is perfectly fine the way it is.

NoName7 and redabbey like this.
  20. kopdub

kopdub
    Expand Collapse

Rugby supporters still cheer when a try is scored don’t they? They cheer again if it goes to the video ref and the decision goes their way! Like I said they made a balls of it first time out, it could be much slicker and efficient! But each to their own I suppose!