This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Virgil Van Dijk

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Ron1892, Dec 27, 2017.

1. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

This fella is bullet proof. He'll shock us all with a return in 4 to 5 months I reckon

2. carramagic

carramagic
    Expand Collapse

Will be back for the Champions league final

3. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Our medical team like to ease our long term injured players back into the fold slowly as possible so don't expect to see a sight of Virgil until 6 months at the very least

4. BallyfermotReds

BallyfermotReds
    Expand Collapse

Devastating blow for him, potentially missing out on a league, European Cup and an international tournament. Get well soon Virgil ❤️

5. Beano87

Beano87
    Expand Collapse

absolutely gutted. Hopefully his recovery goes well

6. Joedared

Joedared
    Expand Collapse

How is this injury compared to the one ox got.
    Perhaps only a medic can answer that

7. RedPaddy

RedPaddy
    Expand Collapse

Really hope he comes back the same player, cause an injury like this could affect mobility & speed

8. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

9. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

10. £6.50

£6.50
    Expand Collapse

FA can intervene in exceptional circumstances
    Totally corrupt

11. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I'm not surprised and to be honest it makes no difference to me now either way. It doesn't impact on us anymore but again the whole thing is a mess as is very typical.

12. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

England’s no 1 goalkeeper, be a bad look for him and then if this dragged on. They hope another story will come along and mainstream will forget about it. Could be recency basis but I actually struggle to think of a player in last 20-25 years that LFC fans will be more upset with it. The Evra situation was slightly different as Deep down we knew Suarez was no saint. Neville was more annoying than anything else, Terry cause he was a prick in general and a few other pantomime villains players like Owen and Torres. Wasn’t it Lucas Neill who done Carra at one stage, that was a bad one.

13. RedPaddy

RedPaddy
    Expand Collapse

Am I surprised by the decision ? Am I fcuk. Its a corrupt outfit. If their 'eyes of God' VAR has seen it & didnt do anything then that seems to be good enough for them. Dont mention that the idiots using var can be corrupt, treacherous incompetent a**holes..:mad:

If prickford had any semblance of decency about him he would make a public apology!

14. DalglishGold

DalglishGold
    Expand Collapse

I couldn't care less about Pickford. I don't believe for a second that he set out to hurt Virgil.

It was an awful challenge but they happen. Shit luck for Virgil but he will come back.

It doesn't make a difference if Pickford is banned or not. To be honest, if I wanted Everton to suffer, I'd ask the FA to make it mandatory that he plays all games until the end of the season!

15. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Virgil should sue him. Probably nothing will come of it but it will make life uncomfortable for the prick. Him and Ederson are a danger to teammates and opponents, particularly Pickford. I think his lunchbox is short a sandwich.

RedPaddy likes this.
  16. DalglishGold

DalglishGold
    Expand Collapse

There was a case involving Paul Elliot (ex-Celtic) years ago when his career was ruined. I also think Alf Inge Haaland considered it after the Roy Keane incident.

Cases like that would be hugely difficult to bring home. Do you sue Pickford, Everton, all of them?

Then you have to prove intent or negligence more so than recklessness. There is also the issue of risk. Every footballer knows crossing the line that injuries are part and parcel of the game.

And finally, Liverpool would have insurance for their loss as Virgil probably won't have any unless (shudder) he never plays again.

17. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Dean saunders wasn't it?
    Jim beglin was never the same after Gary Stevens did him in the derby.

18. DalglishGold

DalglishGold
    Expand Collapse

Was it Dean Saunders? Elliot was a fine player, a decent footballing centre half.

I remember Jim Beglin's well. More or less ended his career although I think he struggled on for a couple of seasons and went to Leeds as we had Staunton and Burrows to come in?

Beglin could have been one of the greats. He really had a lovely left foot. Missed out on all the Jack Charlton years too.

Tarabuses likes this.
  19. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

It was a bit of a weekend for nutjob tackles.
    the two in our game obviously, but the one Dunk got sent off for was another crazy tackle

20. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

For a long time I've thought one of the worst things in football was the dishonesty of the officials. They've been bent as fuck for a long time,not in terms of trying to cheat any team in particular but in cheating and lying to make their own lives easier. Refs claiming they hadn't seen incidents to cover their arse when it was obvious they had,picking and choosing which laws to implement and when,that time the mic picked up the conversation between the officials during our game v Spurs should have been a huge story. The ref asking the 4th official to cheat and then giving a decision based on an incident he admitted he hadn't seen? but I thought VAR would make it much harder for the cunts to behave like that. But they've consistently put their desire not to overrule their colleagues above whats right and here they are again with conflicting stories,I'm glad Liverpool are demanding more transparency.

One of the worst failures of VAR last season was its failure to do anything about LoCelso's stamp on Azilpucueta. The VAR official that day was David Coote,the ref was Michael Oliver. Guess which two were involved Saturday? And now there's a question over whether they were lying about what happened with excuses changing.

bobby benitez likes this.