This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Trent Alexander Arnold

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by bazburke, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

2. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

This is the most obvious thing in the world to me. It's baffling why people think he should play in midfield for Liverpool.

3. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

He's moved onto another level. On form he's one of the best players,not right backs.....players in the world at the moment. People still want to debate whether his main job is to defend,leave them to it. Jurgen Klopp decides what his main job is and the fact he's dictating games and creates more than everybody else in the league answers that question.

4. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

And he is still not yet even 23 years old (for another 3 weeks) :eek:

5. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Yeah he's actually ridiculous at the moment, we're into a whole new bracket with him. That right side with Salah and Trent is the stuff of nightmares for defenders.

6. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Each to their own but I don't think he's back at 19/20 levels yet. Cutting inside to use his left foot a little too much for my liking. His free kicks aren't yet at the level they were and nowhere near the level he can get too, it should be like 2014 with Suarez where frees were nearly as good as penalties.

7. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

Football365 have Trent listed as the 25th most important player in the England squad. Basically their stance was that he shouldn't even make it as there's 3 RBs comfortably ahead of him and he's nowhere near the first XI, they do mention that he's too gifted and has too high a profile to miss out from squads tho. As an aside, they listed Jordan Henderson as the 23rd most important, and follow it up with a similar thing they said about Trent, won't ever get in ahead of Phillips, Rice or Bellingham, but too high a profile to miss out.

Yes I know F365 is thrash, no idea how it came into my feed, but I got a good laugh reading the list while drinking my coffee the other morning.

8. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Much more mature in his play and influential now imo Bob. What's most important for me when judging how good a player is, is how much of an positive impact he has on a game and I've genuinely never seen a right back influence a game more than he is so far this season. He's not just moving into the inside right channel when the play is in front of him, he's receiving it in there from deeper passes, it's like a role invented by Klopp for him. And the numbers of chances he's creating is off the charts,both from open play and set pieces. And not that he'll get any credit for it, but his composure in defensive situations has increased massively.

bobby benitez likes this.
  9. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

The stupidity of ranking players importance like that aside,they probably aren't too far off the mark with how important he is to England. Giving him to Southgate and England,is like giving me an F1 car. I'm nowhere near skilled enough to drive it and what use can I get out of it in Finglas even if I was.

elvis likes this.
  10. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

I'd take everything you have said and transfer it to 19/20 when he was running games more than he is now. His level now is sensational, maybe the fact Sadio isn't pulling up trees and burying headers at the back post has influenced my opinion.

babbsnads likes this.
  11. bert5e

bert5e
    Expand Collapse

didn't travel despite training yesterday. Seems like an unusual one. Hopefully nothing too serious

12. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse

Madrid looking for him apparently

13. cantish

cantish
    Expand Collapse

Back for Watford on Sat according to Pearce. Good that he skipped the Internationals.

14. robbie st leger

robbie st leger
    Expand Collapse

That was last weeks slow news day gossip -

15. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

. They going to try and pay over 20 years and in food vouchers I wonder :)