This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Transfer Rumours And Makey up stories (V2)

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by Dub13, Apr 9, 2013.

1. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

We already have the Lovren sale, expect a decent fee for Shaqiri, maybe a few million for Karius. Harry Wilson will fetch 20 million. Could see Villa or Newcastle going for him.

That would pay the reported fee for Thiago.

I’d take a look at Van Andholt for back up left back, could certainly fill in for cup games and the odd league game to give Robbo a rest. Couldn’t imagine he would be a massive fee.

Up front, with Brewster coming back in, Minamino getting up to speed, I’d be looking for Salah back up. Sarr cost Watford 30 million and have seen him mentioned. Saint Maximilian at Newcastle another option if they want to take someone from Premier League.
    Can’t see any 50+ million signings that’s for sure

2. RedPaddy

RedPaddy
    Expand Collapse

I'd rather we kept shaqiri if he was up for it. Missed most of the season with injury, not cause he was out of favour I think

3. flies

flies
    Expand Collapse

Its hard to know is all this thiago stuff driven by the player to get more money from Munich, are Munich then playing along to get other partys interested, as there few of the clubs usual journos saying much bout which either means there's either nothing happening or they have been told to stay quiet for fear of giving away liverpool side.

4. Terry

Terry
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Gary I was thinking Patrick van Aanholt as a back up LB for the last few weeks me self, he would be a fantastic back up to Robbo, I think he (Patrick van Aanholt) is out injured at the moment.

GaryMc likes this.
  5. IanoM7

IanoM7
    Expand Collapse

Thiago would be a great little signing. We are fixated on age but we signed James Milner at 29 and hes been fantastic for us.

Do we bring Thiago in and look at Fabinho as that "4th choice centre back" option?

6. carramagic

carramagic
    Expand Collapse

I think with Matip being so injury prone and Gomez suffering from a few also we need a 4th centre back.

I'd sell Shaqiri, Wilson, Gruijic and Origi and use the money to sign someone with pace who can deputise for/compete with Mane and Salah. Brewster is looking like he could be a good option too. Jones will take Lallana's place in the squad.

I don't think midfield should be a priority for us but if Klopp wants Thiago I won't complain, he could improve us again

7. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

I don't see left back as an issue, especially with limited resources. Milner is not ideal for it but he's more than capable of filling in and I suspect Williams is being developed to fill in on both sides.

If Lovrens replacement could slot in at LB for emergencies I'd be happy with that.

8. Dubfan

Dubfan
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't sign anyone TBH. If you think about it, we want cover for the front 3, I wouldn't be if Klopp considers Elliot and possibly Brewster for those positions, Minamino for Bobby and Jones, Ox in a slightly different role. Midfield, Keita's form makes him look like a new signing along with again Ox, Jones, Minamino and possibly Grujic. Centre back could be covered by Fabinho if necessary while allowing Hoever and Van DeBerg time to develop. Left back looks like Williams will cover both there and RB with Milner if necessary.
    With the uncertainty around COVID-19 and getting things back to normal I just can't see us spending big and we probably need that to bring in the quality Klopp will want.

9. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

People will explode if this is the case...I see the logic in all that you say but would like a replacement CB and a backup LB. Playing Fab there means we miss him in midfield. He is a certain starter in our best midfield so lets keep him there. Milner can absolutely do a job at LB, but I think Williams is much more of a stop-gap. Our fullbacks and their crossing ability is so important to our system. With Williams in there, we lose a big part of our attacking options. This is ridiculous I know, but I would love to see Wilson in at left back, for nothing other than the wand of a left peg he has (I realize I am completely ignoring his defensive skills).

10. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

Our problem with that. Matip and Gomez are injury prone. Meaning Fab will be cb for fair bit of season possibly. Brewster is unknown in premier league.elliot to a point. For me ox has been really poor this season.hoever looks good but will that be a good enough stop gap?

11. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

Ox has spent most of his appearances this season just gone in the front 3. That's not his position. He has done well to manage to keep being picked in that position (although that's possibly working against him).

12. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

I see a lot of mentions about Gomez injury record. Its worth noting his previous couple of injuries that saw him out long term were impact ones so basically very unlucky.

Personally I've no issue with not replacing Lovren. Fab in there should in the off chance Matip be unavailable is fine with me as would Hendo slotting in for Fab in the middle. Hoever and Van Den Berg for cup games early rounds.

LB cover and front 3 back up for me is the priority even if it takes a window or 2 to get the right players in.