This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Transfer Rumours And Makey up stories (V2)

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by Dub13, Apr 9, 2013.

1. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Ha so you're saying it's a maybe?

2. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Would anyone have any interest in Eriksen at Liverpool? I know a lot of people seem to think that he's vastly overrated but I still think there's room for him to be a very good footballer and maybe not quite as good as some people build him up to be. He plays in the exact kind of role that I think we're short in, the midfielder who can drop into pockets of space behind the strikers and pick passes but it's not exactly holding us back not having someone there to be quite honest.

3. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

It's an interesting one.

I just checked and he's 27, so there's a few years left in him at the top flight. He's a fairly good player. I think his contract expires next June.

No doubt that we do need more creativity and more goals from midfield.

My guess is that he'd have high wage demands, but that said, there probably wouldn't be a massive transfer fee if we went after him this window, given how little is left on his contract.

If we could get him at £40m - £45m with wages in the region of £120k pw, I'd go for him. That said, I suspect those numbers wouldn't even come close, and I'm not sure where my cut off would be.

I'd also imagine that Jose is all over him, as he's one of the players in the Spurs squad that you'd definitely want to try and keep.

4. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

Only know 2 Spurs supporters and neither of them is too arsed about losing Erikson. Seem to think he's a flat track bully, capable of moments of magic but generally when Spurs are already well on top and coasting. Say you can count on one hand, the number of games HE'S actually changed as opposed to putting icing on cakes. Wether thats sour grapes as he's seen to be flashing his knickers at anyone who'll look, or theres truth to it, they would know better I suppose.

5. dantheman23

dantheman23
    Expand Collapse

I don't really get the argument that we need more goals from midfield or the clammer to sign a Eriksen type player. I don't for the life of me see where he's fit in. Fair enough if we got him on the cheap but I wouldn't be spending big on that type of player.

The way we're set up it all falls apart unless the midfield 3 are work horses in my eyes. With our full backs basically being wingers we need players that will cover them. The Arsenal cup game is a prime example of us have a more creative type in midfiled with lallana and Keita and we saw how that game turned out. We were cut open at will. I know there were a lot of changes for that game.

vodkacolly and Skintown Red like this.
  6. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

Agree with all that. Bobby is the closest thing we have to a "creative midfielder"
    Our midfielders have 12 goals this season, so its not as if its a wasteland of goalscoring

7. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Eriksen is a very good player. He really stands out for Denmark in a similar way that Shaq does for Switzerland. At the very very top Club level though I don’t remember him having a blistering impact. He has been a very consistent player over the years however I think he struggles to get on the LFC bench if everyone is fit in midfield for Klopps system and he would not suit the front 3.

in a 4-2-3-1 he would be useful addition but in current formation and tactics, don’t see how he would fit.

8. dantheman23

dantheman23
    Expand Collapse

He's basically a luxury player but not good enough to have everyone else carry him, not good enough for us anyway...

9. Dubfan

Dubfan
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

I think Erikson's ship has sailed. He was excellent a few years ago but has lost what little pace he had and isn't making the impact he should.
    Now I haven't watched the Spurs game tonight and you are guaranteed after what I said that he was responsible for their comeback and all 4 goals.
    Still stand by him being past it though.

10. RedPaddy

RedPaddy
    Expand Collapse

How about a punt on traore at wolves?.... Probably wouldn't come to be rotated anyways, but IMO would be a great addition to bring on if were struggling in a game..

11. robbie st leger

robbie st leger
    Expand Collapse

I'd rather have djimi traore back

12. RedPaddy

RedPaddy
    Expand Collapse

Meant to tout it after the the first few games of the start of the season, but the more I see of Grealish the more I think we should get him...a very skilfull & natural footballer who'd be a great addition to the team IMO

13. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

14. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Would be a serious serious signing. Dortmund need a rebuild and he won’t be hanging around for it.

Be some statement to get him ahead of City and United.

I reckon United will go all out for him

15. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

No doubting the lads talent, but he seems to be constantly in trouble at Dortmund. Been fined for being late to training, and match day a few times. Is he a youngster who's never been pulled up by a manager/senior pro's and told whats what, or has he a diva complex?

16. dantheman23

dantheman23
    Expand Collapse

Not a rumour or anything but in my opinion Cantwell from norwich looks like he could be a very decent player.... Won't be at Norwich very long...

17. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

My uncle, who has never been right about a single thing to do with Liverpool, has it on "good authority" that it's not Sancho were after, it's Mbappe. Decent signing he'll be.

18. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

#15318 Ron1892, Dec 12, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  19. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Dominic King reporting it too. It would be unusual for us to feed this information to the old reliables if it wasn't close to done.

20. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Judging by nothing but the two games against us he's going to go down as remarkable business at the fee's being talked about.