This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Transfer Rumours And Makey up stories (V2)

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by Dub13, Apr 9, 2013.

1. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I'm not sure about the motives for playing him there Bob, but the fact that Klopp has says to me that he thinks he has the ability to play there in the PL and I'd say that's an opportunity to show you can do a job in a different position in future.

bobby benitez likes this.
  2. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

He has been mentioned on here for over a year when at that stage it seemed we had him coming to the club last summer.

Looks a fantastic talent at championship level , premiere league level will be interesting and why I’d rate Trent higher at this time .

3. dantheman23

dantheman23
    Expand Collapse

We're one midfielder picking up a knock away from TAA possibly starting the CL Final in midfield so it makes sense to give him minutes in there. Personally I think that is where he will play the majority of his career, he has the engine, the passing ability and the brain.
    With Clyne back next season TAA could well be Can's replacement in the squad in Klopps eyes.

kerryred68 likes this.
  4. carramagic

carramagic
    Expand Collapse

Fekir deal 99% done according to Canal +

kerryred68 likes this.
  5. kerryred68

kerryred68
    Expand Collapse

There's been a good number of reports of that deal being done in the last few days. I'm just wondering if there's different sources or just the one?

6. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

If I had any concerns about Fekir it would be how strong is the French league

Just when you see Depay ripping it up

But easy these days to trust in any player Klopp is bringing to the club

7. CHARMAC

CHARMAC
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Wow only 1% to go :), seeing is believing and I'll not be believing until I see him being photographed leaning against something at Melwood ;)

8. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

I continue to agree with you on that one ROCCO, it's no where near the standard of the PL so impossible to use it as a measure when trying to judge how good a player might be in the PL.

I still think Depay is a very good player, he just had the misfortune to have been in a squad governed by Jose (and before that, Mr. "I'm long past it" Van Gall).

Depay is only 24, so I'm expecting to see him back doing well in a top European league over the next few years.

9. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I don't read too much into what league they're arriving from to be honest, Klopp will have done his work on this chap and if he's the guy that he's identified then the league isn't so important to me. It does obviously make it difficult to get excited about how many goals and assists he might have in the French league but the fact that our Kloppo is going after him makes all the difference for me! I will caveat all of this of course with the fact that's entirely likely still that we're not really looking at this chap at all but the reports do seem to suggest that there's something to the rumours.

10. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

@Garrett even Balotelli had a very good season

Garrett likes this.
  11. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

That’s it , hard not to trust in Klopps transfers or whoever is helping him with the choices at the club.

12. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Miguel Delaney says CB is a priority for us this summer with Lascelles and Tarkowski being possible targets.Personally I didn't expect a CB to arrive without anybody leaving but I really like Lascelles,has all the tools to be a top defender.Hes also expecting a goalkeeper to arrive.

Garrett likes this.
  13. Mico

Mico
    Expand Collapse

I think we had the conversation about a new CB. I do expect one to arrive.
    Other than improving the quality at CB, Matip and Lovren do miss a lot of game time between them through niggly injuries . This might be a factor if we bring in another.
    Van Dijk has also had a serious injury.
    Hopefully all past them.

In saying that I think this season is the most games Loren has played for us in his 4 years.

Garrett and babbsnads like this.
  14. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse

I think a good quality CB and keeper would improve us hugely. We need another central midfielder as well as Keita too. If we got nothing else and didn't lose any of our first choice outfield players I would be happy enough for the summer.

15. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

I'm going on a limb here and saying he is talking shit.

16. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I think another attacker should be our main priority,only slightly ahead of a goalkeeper.CB would be below both of those positions and a midfielder for me,but no reason we can't cover it all.

Garrett likes this.
  17. DalglishGold

DalglishGold
    Expand Collapse

GK, CB, a holding midfielder and a No 10 for me.

Whilst I have hopes for Solanke, Brewster, Woodburn etc, I also think that we need cover up front although a Fekir or Draxler type player could play both roles.

Tarkowski has had a fine season but I wonder are we going to try to sign UK players to boost the homegrown quota?

18. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

We'll find out soon enough Bob,but I'll be more dissapointed about him being wrong on the new keeper than the CB.

19. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Personally want expecting a new first choice keeper or Cb , unless Matip or Lovern want out
    But looking at our Cb ages , somebody in the 21-23 age bracket might be on the cards

20. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse

I think it's a very obvious area we could improve in. In an ideal world I wouldn't have Lovren in the team at all but he would do as a squad player.

Garrett and kerryred68 like this.