This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Transfer Rumours And Makey up stories (V2)

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by Dub13, Apr 9, 2013.

1. DalglishGold

DalglishGold
    Expand Collapse

I'll take that pinch Rocco! Fingers crossed!!!

2. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

I have a good few of them ;)

DalglishGold likes this.
  3. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

78981987-750F-4BD1-80DB-A625D03702EC.jpeg
    There’s allways one to piss on your little fire

4. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse

Have we announced greizmann yet

carramagic likes this.
  5. carramagic

carramagic
    Expand Collapse

Him and Toni Kroos to be announced together tomorrow.

glen likes this.
  6. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

7. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

8. Dubfan

Dubfan
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

I think if City really want him they will get him. I get the feeling that United are just throwing in the bid and money to look good with the fans and inflate his price & wages at City, don't see him in a Mourinho set up.

9. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Think it’s a genuine bid by Utd , £35m is a bargain and well in their wage structure.
    Would guarantee them top 4.

10. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Maybe I'm being naive and these things are always done through agents these days but If klopp is genuinely interested in signing Sanchez I hope Sanchez at least gives him the courtesy of having a chat with him and if he decides after that that he doesn't want to sign that's fine.
    He would be a fantastic signing, but he's 29 and realistically this is his last big contract so he's going to look for the biggest wages and rightly so and the 2 Manchester clubs will blow us out of the water in that regard.
    I've felt all along he would go to city but if there's even a slim chance of us getting him I hope we're trying to pull it off.

11. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

I never realised Coutinho was anywhere near £200k, thought he was on £150k pw.

No doubt about it, we need to pay the going rate if we ever want to bring in quality players, why else would they ever come to us and without them, we'll do no better than we are currently doing (and that assumes we don't regress, losing some of our top talent to other clubs for more money and glory - a risk that simply cannot be ignored !).

The fact that the transfer fee is so low for Sanchez, clearly offsets the high wage if you look at the overall cost of acquiring such a player, but as Willie correctly points out - he's 29 so whatever is spent, is gone, there won't be any significant resale. Personally, I reckon if you could get him on a 3 year contract, then I'd happily pay the going rate, but wouldn't go for him if he was insisting on a 5 year deal with a wage of £280k - £300k pw, as I don't think he'd be worth it after the initial 3 year period.

Sadly, I really can't see us getting Sanchez and actually wonder if it this is just a bit of a red herring to keep us all distracted while the transfer window is open ... but I don't see it as a reason not to try and also, perhaps more importantly, to be trying for others this window also !

#12931 Garrett, Jan 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  12. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Garrett the conspiracy of this being used to distract us while the window is open is tinfoil hat stuff, I truly hope you don't believe it seriously.

I don't believe we're looking at Sanchez at all, it's too expensive entirely for a club that's operating within it's budget in my opinion especially as I'm sure Klopp has other targets in his sight either now or in the summer.

13. honald_tdb

honald_tdb
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Forget Sánchez, I’d have Pulisic any day instead.

Garrett likes this.
  14. CHARMAC

CHARMAC
    Expand Collapse
    If anyone can, Can can

Chris Williams‏Verified account@Chris78Williams
    Chris Williams Retweeted Chris Williams

Friday - was told Leipzig had not convinced Keita to buy into the rest of the season, were tired by his lack of motivation and agreed to his request to move ASAP. Caveat was S04 fixture was to be played.

15. south

south
    Expand Collapse

16. CHARMAC

CHARMAC
    Expand Collapse
    If anyone can, Can can

Ahh Nuts I was really hoping this would happen :(

17. carramagic

carramagic
    Expand Collapse

We need a keeper obviously. Who should we get? I don't watch a huge amount of the foreign leagues. Butland has looked good when I've seen him in the premier league.

I'm surprised we aren't in for Mahrez. He completely took the piss out of Chelsea yesterday and has more goals and assists in the last couple of years than Coutinho and Hazard.

18. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Too right I do, and if if you ever manage to see through the red tinted glasses, you'd see it too mate. It's all part and part of keeping the punters happy, so fans will keep spending and not criticising a club that has just sold our best player and put our current season in jeopardy, unless he's replaced with similar quality new players coming in this window (and even then, that assumes they'll slot in and play to their potential for the remainder of the season).

A budget is just a set of numbers that people agree, or are instructed, to operate under.

Are you suggesting that we'd be in breach of the numbers agreed with FSG, or are you suggesting that we could not afford to sign Sanchez and if so, can you please provide some numbers to back it up ? :)

Carra suggested the Atletico keeper ....

19. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Garrett do you honestly think FSG have sat down at some point and come up with a strategy to sell Coutinho for £107 million and then to leak stories to the press that we're chasing a player to appease the fans? That's just paranoia in my opinion and built on a long standing mistrust of our owners, I don't for a second believes it's even realistic.

On the next point there's talk that Sanchez is being offered 400k a week, insanity and way outside of our scope. The budget I'm referring to is the long term structure at the club and not de-railing an entire long term project on one player.

20. Shane rooney

Shane rooney
    Expand Collapse

Totally agree here, serious talent, and considering his age, is a player Klopp can work with and improve