This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Transfer Rumours And Makey up stories (V2)

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by Dub13, Apr 9, 2013.

1. bryanod

bryanod
    Expand Collapse

Be shocked, in a very good way, if this was true. Bayern meant to have all but agreed this months ago. And he's the one ahead of Can in the German pecking order!

2. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

It's one area where I'd hope Klopp could have some serious pull though in the German market. I dont' know anything about him except that if we don't sign him in January we don't have a hope of getting top 4, same goes for every player we're linked with between now and the 31st of January :)

3. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Oliver Bierhoff was quoted last week as saying the money in the premier league meant the Bundesliga lost players like Sane and Gorezka to England. Strange comment unless he knows something.

babbsnads likes this.
  4. CHARMAC

CHARMAC
    Expand Collapse
    If anyone can, Can can

I read some rumours a while back that we were after him, some even suggested it was a done deal in January and I took it with a pinch of salt as I thought as bryanod did that Bayern had it all sewn up, but reading Oliver Bierhoff quotes a few days ago has me wondering if he still might be up for grabs, he's be a good one to get in if/when Can goes plus it's likely Coutinho will be off to Barcelona, and Milner's not getting any younger either, we could definitely do with a player of his ilk as we're going to have to rebuild our midfield for next season IMO

5. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

He'd be a good addition to what we have, particularly with expectation of Can going and Milner getting older...

I'm refusing to consider Coutinho's exit as I think/hope we can get out of the group stage of the CL, so expect that will ensure he stays until at least next summer.

6. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I certainly have an expectation that Milner is going to get older :)

I think Coutinho will be here until the summer but I wouldn't be shocked if there was another attempt in January, to be honest it would be a dream time for him to move. He'd get straight into a club that look likely to win a La Liga this season and may be the key piece that they see in getting that across the line. Depending on where our season is at that point we might be able to consider letting him go if the money was right and there was some sort of replacement available.

Skintown Red likes this.
  7. Mico

Mico
    Expand Collapse

What point would you consider letting him go? Well in top 4 mix?

8. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Anybody expecting much movement in the January transfer window will be sorely disappointed in my opinion.

9. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

There will be a center back, there hasvro be. Can't see much heading out, Markovic maybe.

10. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Your certainly consistent Lionel and in recent times you've proven right about LFC having quiet winter windows (but we continue to disagree about whether deals can actually be struck or not :)).

Agree on the need, not sure if we'll spend though and as for Markovic, no chance we'll offload him I fear.

11. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Saw something on the Echo last week it was the value one of the video games put on Markovic, never ever have I thought the expression about 'biting your hand off' to be more appropriate.

During the summer I remember expressing in a post about the difference in the attitude of two players, the other player was Moreno.

12. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes, Garrett and without naming me directly you have previously stated something along the lines in the FSG thread that anybody that shares my view about the January window is influenced directly by the FSG publicity machine.

I am not influenced in the slightest by any external PR machine, quality players playing at the highest level just do not become available in this window. Certainly any team in the Champions League will want to keep their squad together until the summer. Of course there are occasional exceptions to this, but they just seem to be rarer and rarer in this window in the last few years.

13. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

1.4 billion the PL spent in the summer apparently and not one top central defender bought by anyone,they're thin on the ground and I'll be suprisrd if one arrives in January for us if its not Van Dijk.On a purely pragmatic level for all concerned,its a transfer that should happen in January.Southampton not selling in the summer looked like a club cutting off its nose to spite its face and thats proven to be the case,they're horrendous as an attacking entity and that money could have made them a much better team and I think we're all agreed we need a CB.

14. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Lionel,

You will have to jog my memory a little more on that one please, sorry but I don't recall so can't respond either way.

As for the point about CL clubs wanting to keep their squad together, that's clearly a consideration but there are plenty of clubs who will have dropped out of the CL or not even qualified for the CL, that have quality players worth going for. Then there's clubs with players nearing the end of their contracts, who may do a deal in the winter window.

I find myself wondering if the reason there are less and less transactions is because most of the clubs have spent their budget during the summer window, or are scared off by what appear to be extremely high prices (but as we've seen in recent years, the prices are just going one way, year on year....)

All true.

I can think of a couple of players I'd offer in a part cash / part player exchange, might be of interest to them given how things are going over there.

15. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

Best giggle of the transfer rumour mills today....

"Mundo Deportivo claimed on Tuesday (14 November) that Catalan chiefs will travel to England later this month to "officially demand" Liverpool the sale of the Brazilian international."

Right so, making repeated unwanted offers didnt work, so now they will just flat out "demand" we sell Coutinho.

I can picture the "meeting" now..." we DEMAND you sell us your player, regardless of your silly obsession of keeping a player we clearly want and even though you turned down our fab offers of 80, 90 and 110m, we also demand to sign him for 70.4m this time around. 68.6m of which will be made up of a fringe player we dont want whos actually worth €4.50, with the balance to be paid in 114 equal yearly installments. Now stop being silly and give in to our demand or we will sulk. Oh and because you've been so mean to us and hurt our feelings, also promise to sell us Salah and Mane next year for a weekly subscription to Mundo."

Garrett likes this.
  16. CHARMAC

CHARMAC
    Expand Collapse
    If anyone can, Can can

[​IMG]

Liverpool Agree to Sign Leon Goretzka in January Opening the Door for Philippe Coutinho Barca Exit
    • 83 k
    Joe Owens13 NOV 2017

Liverpool have agreed to sign Schalke midfielder Leon Goretzka in January after the player dismissed interest from La Liga giants Barcelona in favour of joining the Reds, according to Spanish news outlet Don Balon.

The highly-thought of 22-year-old had been heavily tipped with a move away from the Veltins-Arena either during the winter or over the summer, with the Germany international inside the final months of his agreement with the club.

[​IMG]LiverpoolPro@LiverpoolPro

Injury Update II: Liverpool Dealt Huge Blow as Sadio Mane Returns From Senegal with 'Old I...@WilfredLaurencehttp://www.90min.com/posts/5795724-liverpool-dealt-huge-blow-as-sadio-mane-returns-from-senegal-with-old-injury-concern&ref=twitter&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=feed …

12:15 PM - Nov 13, 2017
    [​IMG]
    Liverpool Dealt Blow as Sadio Mane Returns From Senegal Duty With 'Old Injury' Concern
    Liverpool have been a dealt possible injury setback after Senegal star Sadio Mane left international duty early, following concerns of a relapse of his...

90min.com

Twitter Ads info and privacy

It was thought that Premier League duo Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur were to battle it out from England for the midfielder's signature, with both north London clubs showing interest in the up and coming talent.

However, as reported by the Spanish publication, it is in fact Liverpool who have apparently won the race, with the report stating that the Reds now have an agreement in place for Goretzka to make the switch to Anfield in January.

Evaluating Jurgen Klopp's Time at Anfield & the Glaring Comparisons Between Him and His Predecessorhttp://www.90min.com/posts/5793403-evaluating-jurgen-klopp-s-time-at-anfield-the-glaring-comparisons-between-him-and-his-predecessor&ref=twitter&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=feed …

11:15 AM - Nov 13, 2017
    [​IMG]
    Evaluating Jurgen Klopp's Time at Anfield & the Glaring Comparisons Between Him and His Predecessor
    ssor This is Jurgen Klopp’s third season in charge at Liverpool now, where it’s safe to say there have been highs and lows during his tenure. He took Liverpool...

90min.com

They also state that the VfL Bochum academy graduate turned down an offer from La Liga leaders Barcelona in order to join up with fellow countryman Jurgen Klopp, after being left unimpressed with the Catalonian's wage offer.

However, even though those on Merseyside will be rejoicing in the fact they have been able to land one of Europe's hottest commodities ahead of a number of sides, they will also be wary that the arrival of the German could spark even further speculation surrounding star Philippe Coutinho's future.

Injury Update: Philippe Coutinho Confirms '100% Fitness' for England Friendly After Missing 3 Liverpool Gameshttp://www.90min.com/posts/5795378-philippe-coutinho-confirms-100-fitness-for-england-friendly-after-missing-3-liverpool-games&ref=twitter&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=feed …

8:15 AM - Nov 13, 2017
    [​IMG]
    Philippe Coutinho Confirms '100% Fitness' for England Friendly After Missing 3 Liverpool Games
    Philippe Coutinho has given Liverpool a big boost while on international duty with Brazil, declaring himself '100% fit' ahead of Tuesday night's friendly...

90min.com

The Brazilian was subject to three offers over the summer from Barca, with the highest peaking over £100m.

However, Liverpool stood strong on their not for sale transfer policy surrounding the 25-year-old, and are thought to be holding out for £133m (€150m) over the upcoming transfer window in order to allow their midfield maestro to leave.

17. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Not sure what the exact figure is but I’d expect the ratio over the last few seasons of players in to players out is 2-1

Is it youth getting more of a chance or now we have a small squad compared to a bloated one a few years back

18. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

It could be as simple as your numbers being totally wrong if it's just a hunch? I'd probably have a similar guy feeling but I've nothing concrete to back it up.

19. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Feels that way
    Has been 2015-2017

That should be 2 out 1 in

20. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

If I was that curious pal I'd probably google it.