This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Transfer Rumours And Makey up stories (V2)

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by Dub13, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

Worry about that when it comes to it, their teams may not even qualify, players may be injured, pull a Matip, etc

Garrett likes this.
  2. this

this
    Expand Collapse

A 28 year old striker for 60 or 70m? It would be the complete opposite of an FSG signing, even if he could nearly guarantee 30 goals a season. I would wet myself if we were even seriously in for him, I just don't believe we are though. The above players you mentioned would represent a great summer of business, VVD & Keita are going to need some serious negotiations though.

3. twixfix

twixfix
    Expand Collapse

We could well get keita if they are blocked from champions league.

4. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

twixfix likes this.
  5. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Sadly, that plan ain't gonna work... now it means he's got CL football where he is, so one less reason to want to move.

twixfix likes this.
  6. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

We'll just have the win the league every year they're not off to the AFCON.

Irishkop96 and Garrett like this.
  7. DalglishGold

DalglishGold
    Expand Collapse

It's amazing what affect an extra £100k a week can do to motivate a footballer to move Garrett!!! :D

8. CHARMAC

CHARMAC
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Viktor Fagerström‏ @ViktorFagerLFC 1h1 hour ago
    Klopp has been consistent in his desire to bring in at least FOUR key signings for big money this summer. #LFC (Maddock)

Klopp has prioritised a central midfield controller & a CB. Both are likely to cost significantly more than Salah (£39m). #LFC (Maddock)

Klopp has a clear plan that remains firmly in place, & also includes the arrival of a top-class LB to replace the outgoing Moreno. (Maddock)

It remains to be seen if the fallout with Southampton will leave the deal. Virgil van Dijk is still intent on an #LFC move. (Maddock)

Klopp is determined to bring Naby Keita to #LFC, but it is likely to cost at least £50m to make Leipzig willing to sell. (Maddock)

While #Klopp wants a LB, he will not pursue Benjamin Mendy. Instead, #LFC could turn to Celtic’s 19-year-old Kieran Tierney. (Maddock)

9. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Salah
    Tierney
    Van Dijk
    Keita

This would be an excellent transfer window with 4 starters to go straight into the team. Here's hoping.

10. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

I suppose that's a reasonable compromise .. deal done ;) :D

True, but again I find myself saying what I said in response to twixfix above....

Sadly, that plan ain't gonna work... (because we ain't the sort of club to offer that sort of wedge)

11. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Is Tierney actually that good ?

Sure, he's young and his stock is on the rise, but is he ready to be our No. 1 left back ?

...I'd have thought he'd be a decent signing, but only as a squad player at this stage - lets not forget, he's only played in Scotland and still has a few spots on his chin (so I'd think he has a fair bit to go before he's a CL footballer and that's what we need to be signing this summer).

#10491 Garrett, Jun 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  12. DalglishGold

DalglishGold
    Expand Collapse

Hard to tell given what he's up against on a weekly basis. But he is being talked up a hell of a lot.

I thought that he did well against England last week for Scotland. Looks a good prospect.

Re Keita - I wonder what sort of wage that he is on? Leipzig intentionally buy younger players and develop them.

Keita joined Leipzig from Istres in France via Salzburg. Clearly, he moved to Leipzig from Salzburg (sister/parent club) with a view to greater exposure and adding value but would his contract have significantly changed? I'd be tempted to say that he's probably on €30k per week? We could surely afford to treble that wage?

Salah was reportedly on €50k per week with Roma? I'd expect Keita to be on less. Wages outside the top teams in Spain & Germany are not nearly what even average players can get in the EPL.

Garrett likes this.
  13. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

If he defends a tiny bit better, England don't score either goal. He was very lax with his defending. Rest of his performance wasn't bad.

14. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Very good point about the average wages across leagues outside of the top two or three and in truth it had somewhat slipped my mind, although I'd guess it's a bit more than €30k pw - possibly €50k pw. I'd also have thought he'd be getting a near automatic payrise from his exiting club given what he's helped them achieve.

As an aside, it's interesting to see Red Bull now have two clubs in the CL - if they do anything like what they have done in F1 racing, they may become a majour force in European football in the years to come (although obviously, that means investment and also, keeping their best players)

DalglishGold likes this.
  15. DalglishGold

DalglishGold
    Expand Collapse

I wouldn't disagree with that Elvis. It's hard to make a jump from SPL to EPL. James McCarthy was supposed to be the next big thing for Scotland and whilst he has done ok, he has done ok!

Any young British player is going to be hyped up.

16. DalglishGold

DalglishGold
    Expand Collapse

By the way, the rumours about Inaki Williams seem to have disappeared?

It would support the theory that Klopp is prioritising areas other than a striker?

17. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Overshadowed by mention of Aubameyang (who is probably more of a CF tbf) ?

.. or a deal done in principal behind closed doors for Williams and to be announced close to the game in Dublin between his current and future club perhaps ? ;)

18. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Don't see them selling Keita , clubs owners aren't short on funds to start with and seem a very ambitious ownership

He has a €50m clause that can be activated next summer , so dont see them selling this summer more than likely they will offer him a improved contract to improve the buy out clause .

Had plenty of offers last season but decided to stay and improve as a player , so would be surprised if he pushes for a move ?

19. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Difficult to picture him pushing for a move alright given the progress the club seems to have made, unless he wants to play in a better domestic competition, but the CL football might be more than enough to keep him occupied for this season (along with the likely payrise).

20. £6.50

£6.50
    Expand Collapse

James McCarthy next big thing for Scotland???