This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Todays Matches Mark 4

Discussion in 'Football Chat' started by Dub13, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

Zaha has been brutal...only way palace get a result is if he's on his game

2. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

3. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Never bought into the idea that Peps Barcelona were boring. Maybe I was wrong and it was just Messi that made them exciting. This City team are torture on the eyes.

4. gowinit6times

gowinit6times
    Expand Collapse

Crystal Palace have been shocking, fairly typical of a side in mid table with nothing at stake.

5. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Palace got one back. Need a miracle here.

6. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse

It was over as soon as it went 1-0

7. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

They're at the business end now Bobby, just getting it done whatever way it takes. Swashbuckling football works much better before Christmas, whatever works to win games to get it home.

8. Dubfan

Dubfan
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Personally bought in to it 100% the whole concept of playing the ball around with 5 metre passes so the opposition never had the ball so couldn't hurt you is great until you have to watch it in action.
    Citeh are an evolution on the Barca way for me. 1. Because they don't have a Messi, Xavi, Iniesta or anything else that can play like that 3.
    2. The current Pep incarnation of a team are much more aggressively attacking teams and leaving very little defensively to worry about and even with that are more solid than last year.

9. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

But they still managed to spend 50m on back up full backs Cm's and CB's. A lot easier to work your philosophy than any other team in hostory when you have endless amount of money available to you.

10. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

We're a terrible barometer for this,we were all over the place with numbers and positions :)

11. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Just saw that,what in the name of jaysis was he trying to do?

12. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

4 and 8 in Midfield, 5 and 6 CB

Wingers 7 and 11
    Strikers 9 and 10.

Beanokelly and babbsnads like this.
  13. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

God knows ?

14. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Gary Neville just said Utd could lose to City but beat Chelsea and qualify for the champions league. By my calculations he's wrong, if Arsenal get 9 points (which they should from the fixtures they have) then Utd need 13 minimum to overtake them. That's 4 wins and a draw from their last 5, whatever about their ability to get something lack of effort won't be a reason.

Beano87 and Stevie S like this.
  15. Beano87

Beano87
    Expand Collapse

Hopefully united beat city nd still finish 6th :D:D:D

bobby benitez likes this.
  16. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Typical Utd thinking,

He also said for them to drop players for it to keep them fresh for the following game against Chelsea. I'd say he's shitting his pants along with the rest of the United supporters that we might win the league.

mushypea likes this.
  17. PureKlaas

PureKlaas
    Expand Collapse

I grew up an Ajax fan as my second team due to family connections coupled with how good they were in the early/mid-1990's. You can tell from my username here referencing Klaas-Jan Huntelaar who has now gone full circle and is back at Ajax a decade after leaving. I was a massive Luis Suarez fan the season he scored 50 in 49 games, never missed a game back then as he was so good to watch.

Up to a couple of seasons ago I wasn't following as closely but I've been watching the current team intently since the Europe League final run.

I am absolutely buzzing to watch Ajax in a Champions League Quarter Final second leg tonight with the tie still alive, and Liverpool tomorrow. Despite 9 European Cups, 4 UEFA Cups and many more campaigns over the years in the same competition it's completely ridiculous that Ajax and Liverpool haven't met competitively since their single meeting in 1966!

The last game of this magnitude was the CL Quarter Final in 2002/03.....a heartbreaking night. 2-2 on aggregate against eventual winners AC Milan, going through on away goals, only for Jon Dahl Tomasson, who had played for arch enemies Feyenoord, to score in the 92nd minute.

That was a team like today's, young and talented with players like Jari Litmanen, Wesley Sneijder, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Christian Chivu, Nigel de Jong, Rafael van der Vaart, Steven Pienaar, Maxwell, etc etc

Since then we've had good players come and go with Eriksen, Suarez, Huntelaar, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Cilessen etc, but not a crop at the same time like that 2003 squad.

Right now I think this is a serious team. van de Beek, Frenkie de Jong, de Ligt, Tagliafico, Dusan Tadic (seriously), Ziyech, Dolberg, Neres, Daley Blind (I know), Schone are all having good seasons all at the same time.

Juventus are obviously no joke, but Ajax demolished Real Madrid in the last round and won't be afraid to go for it tonight. I would seriously recommend watching this game over the United v Barca one tonight. I have high hopes to go through, but at a minimum you will see a team fully embracing the culture and history of the club and playing aggressively offensive football with plenty of energy and first touch passing. Much like ourselves Ajax will continue to attack rather than play to the corner even when ahead. No fear. It's going to be a cracker of a game like the first leg!

elvis, mushypea, Stevie S and 4 others like this.
  18. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

I for one will be forgoing the Barca v Utd game in favor of Ajax V Juve. Any time Ive seen Ajax this season they seriously remind me of a group of kids who cant believe their luck to be playing on the big boys pitch. Total hearts on sleeves stuff and its been great to watch. Think that they will leave absolutely everything on the pitch too as added to the players theyre already losing for next season I'd be very surprised if theres not some serious cherry picking done on that squad over the summer. This may be their one shot. Cant see any way they will hold onto De Ligt, Neres or Ziyech. Southampton fans must be looking at Tadic and wondering - WTF?!? he's looked like a superstar - and that turn he did against Real was just silly.
    I said before the 1/4 final draw, they were one team I didnt want as they remind me too much of us last year. Be some final if we and they manage to get there - be like watching 22 kids on a beach chasing a football up and down.

19. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Except for Virgil who'll be relaxing on his sun lounger under an umbrella, only moving to clear the ball when it comes towards him. Professional to the last

20. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

Oh I allowed for Virgil mate - the 22nd "young lad" running up and down is Jurgen

LFCRebel likes this.