This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Todays Matches Mark 4

Discussion in 'Football Chat' started by Dub13, Apr 15, 2018.

1. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Another way of looking at that is he's a 20 year old who's already doing the hardest part of the game better than almost everybody else. Most of the stuff you're talking about he can improve on with good coaching whereas he has gifts that you can't coach. And if you put him in an elite team nullifying him becomes far harder because there's plenty of other players to worry about. I think he's going to go down as one of the worlds best. The only player I'd take above him is Mbappe.

Shane_90 likes this.
  2. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

That post has the potential to make me look very stupid but I'm confident he's just on a streak. Plenty before have done similar (well not quite similar but way beyond their ability).
    And he's a Trump supporter, has a nazi youth look about him.

Mbappe interestingly is in the top percentile for all those things and scores goals. He is the real deal, nothing streaky about him.

3. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

I'm struggling a bit after these 2. Chilwell is shit, is he considered a great player? Werner is another I've never been impressed by. I had Rashford down as a championship player a couple of years back, I got that wrong but he's not Man Utd main striker material.

4. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

You don't score goals at that rate beyond your ability Bob. If teams get wide to him then fair enough, but up until this point his record looks perfectly in line with his ability to me,because his ability to get into goalscoring positions and finish chances is world class. Personally I struggle to see why he's suddenly going to stop getting into goalscoring positions or taking a good proportion of those chances but we'll find out as his career progresses I suppose.

5. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

Chilwell is a bit of a random outlier in your list, think he's technically a fairly good footballer

I can see a similarity in the 4 forwards you've picked though. All have some great attributes and know where the goal is. Wouldn't be confident of any of them spraying a 40 yard pass. Haaland looks ruthless in front of goal to be honest

6. Beano87

Beano87
    Expand Collapse

All the money chelsea have spent recently and its giroud starting and scoring for um. Some finish from him.

7. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

It wouldn't have been given without var? as offside had been called?

8. Beano87

Beano87
    Expand Collapse

Ya thats true about var, think the final touch came off the defender.

9. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Worked well so, even if it took an age!Hopefully Chlesea knock them out and go through. Will aid us in the league run in and also on our way to Istanbul :)

Beano87 likes this.
  10. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

Watched 2 games (2nd in progress) today that I normally would have avoided like the plague.

Bournmouth V Watford - running battle between Lermia and the entirety of Watford. Lermia went up for a 50-50 with someone, roared like a randy bull, went down clutching his mug, and basically played dead for 2 minutes. Replays showed he hadnt been touched. Watford guy gets booked.
    4 minutes stoppage time, 1-0 Bournmouth.
    Joao Peddro (already booked) slips and crashed into the back of - you guessed it - Lermia, again doing his randy bull impression
    The Watford players are now a little miffed at Lermia and a mass brawl erupts, with both benches emptying to try restore order (or get in a sly dig - who knows at this point)
    That reknowned hard man Jack Wilshire come to the rescue of Lermia who is being bumped all over the place - and gets himself sent off.
    The FUNNIEST part of the whole thing was that in the middle of it all on the pitch theres Domonic Solanke WITH A MASK on getting his tuppence worth. Got to admire the commitment level while being socially responsible.

Game two - and you have all GOT to watch MotD later for this one

Brighton get a free 5 yards outside West Broms box. Lewis Dunk has a word with Lee Mason (presumably the can I take a quick one ref question) as he stands over the ball. West Brom keeper is on the far left as we look organizing the wall. Lee Mason BLOWS his whistle - Dunk sticks the ball in the far right of the goal. Yay goal for Brighton......
    Except Mason stands there looking bemused as the West Brom players complain they werent ready. He gives the goal after maybe 20 seconds......then VAR buts in....Mason has blown his whistle a second time - just as the ball went in....WHY - nobody seems to know. But the goal is now DISALLOWED. VAR desperately look at ONE angle (side on) to see if any Brighton player was offside and in the keepers eyeline. How they can tell from that angle is anyones guess. Then we are told that they are judging if the ball was over the line when Mason blew his whistle for the second time - again we wonder WHY THE FCUK did he blow it a second time if not to signal a goal?
    He goes and looks at the pitchside monitor and the game restarts with a free in the same position that this whole mess started in

you couldnt make this shit up

Beano87 likes this.
  11. Beano87

Beano87
    Expand Collapse

saw the brighton decision haha wat a disaster.. merson is going nuts on soccr sat haha

12. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Not arsed with the PL this weekend, watching crusaders v glenavon at the mo cos a lad I know has signed for glenavon, probably the only football I'll watch all weekend.

13. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Even us?

SUPERFAN likes this.
  14. thenewguy

thenewguy
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

did anyone watch leipzig today ?

3 2 injury time winner after being 2 0 down to borussia monchengladbach

15. Beano87

Beano87
    Expand Collapse

Ya good comeback, 93rd minute winner.. They wont pull that kind of a comeback off at anfield.

thenewguy likes this.
  16. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Sarr look any good for Watford?

17. Shane_90

Shane_90
    Expand Collapse
    Formerly Fowler-9-

Very tricky very quick very questionable end product.

LFCRebel likes this.
  18. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Man U, 7 games against the traditional big 6 this season. Only 1 goal scored and that was in the 6-1 defeat to Spurs. Can't remember Fernandes turning up in any of them except to moan at the ref. Himself and Maguire, they've never had a decision go against them they don't disagree with.

19. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Think it was one season they won the league under Ferguson they won every game against bottom 14 teams except for 1 draw against Newcastle. Back then it was a good strategy as you could win the league 80 points.

20. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

It was the bottom 12, they got 70 points out of a possible 72, outrageous.
    It was the 08/09 season , I'll always maintain Liverpool were the best team in the country that season, unfortunately that wasn't enough to win the league.