This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Todays Matches Mark 4

Discussion in 'Football Chat' started by Dub13, Apr 15, 2018.

1. thenewguy

thenewguy
    Expand Collapse

i'd be surprised if the cup match at united is on the saturday, burnley match is thursday 21st i'd imagine our cup match is near enough guaranteed to be sunday

2. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Can't see any difference between the goal that was disallowed in the man u game tonight and the west brom goal that was allowed at anfield.
    The inconsistency is head melting.

3. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse

Shaw should of got a red card. Bruno got a yellow for opening his mouth hopefully he gets another and misses Sunday

4. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

Can't lose Sunday. Hopefully sum kinda swanger back

5. £6.50

£6.50
    Expand Collapse

What more motivation do the Redmen need than looking at the sh#te that's ahead of them in the league

6. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

If Matip isn't available Sunday and Klopp goes with Henserson again at cb I'd play Milner in midfield with Giní and Thiago.

7. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Looking at Fernandes and Pogba in second half last night, an Early dead leg from Milner would go down nicely.

8. padski08

padski08
    Expand Collapse
    YNWA

Only saw the highlights of the game from last night.
    I cant see an issue with Maguire's goal, and Shaw lucky not to see red

I still don't know why they went back so far in play though.

The marker is set and we are in a chase position now on Sunday, no more motivation need than that. Huge shame there is no fans to witness this

9. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Gary Neville giddy after last nights result.

"We know full well how quickly this season has turned around: it was Chelsea four weeks ago and Man Utd looked dead, but it is all turning around again.

“But it shouldn’t stop Manchester United fans getting carried away in the next few days. Why shouldn’t they? It’s been a really difficult few years and there have been times when Manchester United have looked a million miles away from the top of the league. So to be top of the league, three points clear of a really good Liverpool side, in January, isn’t expected.”

In a normal year it would be them top in mid December not mid January. They seem to be getting carried away being top after the new year, it sounds brilliant but doesn't tell the truth. Anyway leave them have their 4 days of celebration winning the league after 17 games, they were already popping champagne after gong joint top, come Sunday night they'll be back off top spot. The more they start to believe the harder it will be for them to take when they fall back to finish up 4th.

10. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Regardless of everything else they're now the most consistent team in the PL for a full season (admittedly taking in calendar years) so if I was a Utd fan I'd find some cause for optimism, they're winning a lot of matches that they probably were expected to drop some points in. This notion that they're going to just disappear still seems unrealistic to me and I don't there's any question that they're now very much in the title race. I don't think they're in the same league as our 19/20 team but we're not in that league ourselves anymore so they don't need to worry about that, City look the only ones that could go on a run now and leave the rest behind, we just don't look like we can put that kind of a consistent run together but we're still in the mix as long as City don't run away with it which hopefully they won't, if Utd win it I feel they'll just about get it across the line.

11. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Utd aren't anyway close to our 2019/20 team mate, to be even mentioned in the same breath is crazy imo.

Who do you think between Utd or ourselves have a better chance to win the league?

12. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

The only reason I mentioned them in the same sentence was to say that they're not in the same league as us, surely that's not too offensive for you?

I think it's very tight between the two of us for best chance at the league, they have momentum and form at the moment so everything looks good for them in the current moment and we're probably on our worst run of form for years at the moment which is what has dragged them into the race. In terms of overall best 11's I think we're still a better team but not a huge amount in it with the players we're missing, our defensive woe's have really dragged us back to them down. If we can hit our peak form we are a better team than them but it's hard to know where our squad morale is at the moment with the run of results we've had. Two games with them in the next few weeks will tell us a lot and hopefully we'll all be much happier at the end of January.

13. twixfix

twixfix
    Expand Collapse

We must be close to the record for playing teams at the top of the table. If i'm not wrong Arsenal Chelsea Leicester Spurs Everton and now United were all top of the league the weekend we played them. Even Aston Villa although technically not top had maximum points when we played them.

14. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Tbh mate I'm very offended on behalf of that team :) Winning a league on 99 points, by a massive 18 points and ahead of the 2 most expensive squads in history shows how excellent and consistent were were. Utd are top after 17 games for the first time since 2013, massive difference between both.

15. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

You might even say they're not in the same league as them ;)

LFCRebel likes this.
  16. robbie st leger

robbie st leger
    Expand Collapse

Am I reading that correct that you think if Utd win Sunday they will just about win the league , not just with that result I know but overall?

17. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

I think ed is saying that if United do manage to win the league they will just about manage it, whereas Citeh have the ability to win it handy if they keep going the way they are going.

edcarroll02 likes this.
  18. Shane_90

Shane_90
    Expand Collapse
    Formerly Fowler-9-

The time is now for Liverpool to rediscover some semblance of form and performance. Hopefully a fit Matip and Thiago are the catalyst for it. I would like to see some of our swagger back, trent getting his game going again and Thiago pulling the strings. A midfield of Thiago Hendo and Gini would tear these asunder.

If we play as we have done in recent games possession based slow build up game they are ripe to get something from the game on the counter.

19. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

A big thing for man u this season is that big Dave has stopped throwing the ball in to his own net, no surprises if he pulls out one of his worldies out on Sunday like what he used to.

20. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

No you're not reading it correctly at all.