This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Todays Matches Mark 4

Discussion in 'Football Chat' started by Dub13, Apr 15, 2018.

1. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse

They have all the luck at the minute. Would love city to put 5 past them in the cup

2. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Watched the second half,was a good game. Two evenly matched teams going toe to toe and creating chances. Neville talked about it exactly like that in his commentary. If it was Carragher,Liverpool and we were giving up half the chances Man U were,he'd be losing his mind.

Douglas Luiz is a good player. Grealish does my tits in. If he doesn't come out of a challenge with the ball,he's hitting the deck. He's a huge talent though.

3. Dubfan

Dubfan
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Very close game, draw would have been a fair result but Pogba trips himself up and gets a penalty, shocking not overturned by VAR. The Mancs are very direct when they get forward. We will need to be dominant in midfield so Thiago could be key when we play them. Although I think they will play a full counter attack game against us and have pace in Rashford and Martial to cause trouble in that regard.

4. RedPaddy

RedPaddy
    Expand Collapse

Just seen a fast replay of the last gasp villa chance & unless my eyes deceive my I swore maguire blocked the header with his hand?!

5. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Sometimes I think all he wants to do is get the foul like he enjoys being top of the most fouled chart.

6. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Nothing else matters other than a win, 3 points and they move on, signings possible in January, in the hunt after years in the wilderness and joint top with us. Luck isn't going to catch them out, we need to sort ourselves out quickly, likely need to sign a centre half.

Also how many games have the Mancs played this Christmas, seems they've a game every day, I didn't know anyone was playing today.

7. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

For your peace of mind Ed,I hope they start dropping points soon mate:)

8. diceyreilly

diceyreilly
    Expand Collapse

They have 2 midweek games before us too. We just playing weekend and most likeky reserve team in the cup.

We don’t really play at our best after a break though.

9. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

That's just it though. A lot matters when determining who has the credentials to be a title contender. I watched a team tonight with just as much flaws as strengths. A manc mate just messaged the group chat and reckons 3rd or 4th at best.

Fair play to them accumulating the points they have no doubt the table doesn't lie but I think their scorelines do.

10. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

It will make it all the sweeter when they eventually fall back to the 4th spot battle.

diceyreilly likes this.
  11. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Tinfoil hat on now after looking at the 3 minute highlights on Sky Sports. They didn't show that big chance nevermind any replay of the handball whether it was or not, very strange.

12. robbie st leger

robbie st leger
    Expand Collapse

Their defense gives up some amount of chances if they do that against us they will be in serious trouble

13. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

I rewinded it, hit his head.

LFCRebel likes this.
  14. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

To be fair to Solksjaer,he seems to have intoduced a better balance. Realised that he'll win more points going toe to toe with teams they've better players than,while keeping it tight against better teams. It's still simplistic coaching that will never make them a great team and leave them more vulnerable to something as basic as how clinical the other teams attackers are on the day(they couldn't have complained if Villa got something) but when you have the players they have,backing yourselves to be more clinical in those games makes sense for such a limited coach.

15. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Won't be long before the relevant bodies turn the deliberate stamp on a players foot/ankle, from a yellow to a red card. Its become much more prevalent in the game as players realise its a way of hurting an opponent without getting sent off. Been 4 already in the Old Firm,not even half time yet.

16. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse

Celtic will do well to get a point after dominating the game now down to 10 men.

1-0 to rangers

17. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

Robbing a lead here. Celtic needed to turn dominance into a lead. Not good enough.

Was morelos really through on goal with Ajer coming across?

18. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse

Never a red. Yellow card all day

19. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

The defender made the refs mind up for him. He obviously thought it was a goalscoring chance or he wouldn't have rugby tackled him.....the ref agreed with him.

20. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Lenny getting the ruud gullit I reckon.