This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Todays Matches Mark 4

Discussion in 'Football Chat' started by Dub13, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

Jesus hope the lad is ok

2. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

That challenge was about 35 times more a penalty than Robertsons. He connects with his elbow into his face before he heads the ball.

3. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Ah lad, not a hope Utd get top 4 nevermind challenging for the league. It eillstaylije that aslong as OGS is at the wheel thankfully. .

4. RedPaddy

RedPaddy
    Expand Collapse

Ref just booked troare for dive after a lunge by arsenal player in the box, no var looking at it??! it was more of a penalty than some I've seen given!

SHOWTIME likes this.
  5. Beano87

Beano87
    Expand Collapse

3 home loses on the trot for arsenal in the league. A lot of work for arteta to turn that club around.

6. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

Not great scenes up in Glasgow. Understand frustration, sum of the videos nd chants not great

7. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

Jiminez is up and talking in hospital. Feared the worst when I saw that

Beano87 likes this.
  8. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Throwing missiles at the players after the game, after ending a run of 35 consecutive cup victories.

9. SHOWTIME

SHOWTIME
    Expand Collapse

Can't believe the penalty wasn't given and waited to see their opinions on it on Match Of The Day 2 and it wasn't brought up for duscussion!No protest by Troare or the Wolves players either!

Am seriously fed up of VAR and not being able to celebrate goals anymore after feeling like a right twit multiple times this season after various goals by us ended up being disallowed after VAR intervened!

Delayed celebrations worrying about the goal being allowed or disallowed has definitely spoiled my enjoyment of the beautiful game.

10. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Cavani in a bit of hot water for using the term "negrito" on twitter in response to a congratulations message. United are insisting that it cannot be considered racist as in the country he comes from it has different connotations, using the complete opposite stance than they did when Suarez used the same word, him and Cavani both being Uruguayan.

11. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

There seems to be a lot of confusion around what Suarez was found guilty of saying or even what he claimed to have said. The word negrito was not in the judgement. It was the Spanish word for black, "negro" he used,the case was about how he used that word and how many times. I still think its wrong to label a man a racist based on the word of a liar like Evra and that it wasn't a fair hearing,but if he did say what Evra claims,it was definitely racist and imo completely different to the Cavani situation.

The term negrito isn't a racial slur in Uruguay,it's a term of affection and given he was using it towards a friend in an obviously affectionate way,I genuinely think a warning would suffice here.

Beano87 likes this.
  12. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

I agree but I would also be happy with an 8 match ban.

13. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

In my defence I actually just took it from caughtoffside and had assumed they had done the correct leg work so apologies if that's misleading.

babbsnads likes this.
  14. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

A 3 match ban is coming and its deserved. Like Bernardo Silva last season I like to call it a stupidity tax. There is no chance Cavani never spoke to Luis about the Evra incident, he had to have had some level of awareness. My recollection was Luis said he used the word Negrito and the panel agreed with Evra that it was Negro and he used it 8 times.

15. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Raul Jiminez has a fractured skull. That is bleak.

Arsenal's decision to leave Luiz on was a disgrace, I wouldn't be against the idea of deducting them points.

babbsnads likes this.
  16. Beano87

Beano87
    Expand Collapse

Absolute madness to leave him on the pitch.. prem league need to do more for player welfare especially when it comes to head injury’s.. I heard them saying on motd2 that there has been countless meetings about this but nothing done.

17. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Its not all on the league or the FA. I remember Gary Neville implying Liverpool were going to risk Fabinho after he got a smack in the head, he got up and it looked like he could continue but we hauled him off anyway against the players will. Luiz is there player, he's a colleague of all of them and friend of most I'm sure and they put the game before his health. Its criminal, the crack was so loud and if they needed evidence of how bad it was just look at the guy on the ground beside him.

18. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

This is how I remember it Bob. Negrito was what the papers were reporting all the way leading up to the case,but it appeared nowhere in the judgement,not from Suarezs version or Evras. Suarez claims he said "porque negro" ,which means "why black".

He agrees with you that its similar to Bernard Silva. I agree that neither him or Cavani were being intentionally racist,but that what Silva did is racist everywhere, whereas negrito is an accepted term of endearment in Uruguay. He probably will still get a ban though.

19. Beano87

Beano87
    Expand Collapse

I agree, it’s not jus prem league or FA, it’s up to the club to. He should never have been allowed carry on, there was still blood coming through the bandage after, crazy.

20. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse

Fa cup 3rd round draw tonight. The only good thing I can see from the fa cup this years is that the lads get the weekend off. Anyone who dosent play much can have at it. Adrian ,taki, divock, tsimikas, plus whoever needs a game after injury.