This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Todays Matches Mark 4

Discussion in 'Football Chat' started by Dub13, Apr 15, 2018.

1. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I think how Chelsea set up today is something worth paying attention to because it shows us Sari's thinking on how he's going to set up and its the same as how Napoli did.This left Jorghino badly exposed and even if Kante makes a big difference on that score,it blunts them from an attacking perspective with one deep lying midfielder and one whose main strenghts are defensive. I could very well be proved wrong but I don't think Kante suits how Sari wants to play and for that matter neither does Fabregas or Bakayoko. Personally I think Loftus Cheek should be an option Sari seriously considers but he didn't even make the squad today.

2. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

ManU lost 1-0 to Bayern last night. The result doesnt mean much but 30% possession and not one shot on target in a preseason game a 5 days before the season starts is ridiculous.Morale must be on the floor.

3. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

It's only preseason so I too am trying to not write them off completely yet but I can't help but look at the bigger picture at their club right now. They have endless amounts of money yet are unwilling to back Jose in the market thus far with the level of signings he wants, he's been very vocal about this in public already and with the issues with Martial etc. I'm starting to think that Jose may very well be on his last legs at the club and both he and the money men know it. To be honest with how it's gone for him so far he's probably the best guy we could hope they'd hang onto, there's lots of good young managers around that might make something of that squad!

kerryred68 likes this.
  4. kerryred68

kerryred68
    Expand Collapse

Tbh, I was dreading them making a bid for Pochettino this summer, he would have been superb for them. I'm delighted Mourinho is still in charge and spending over the odds buying ageing, slow players.

I hope they give him a lifetime contract, the auld moany wagon:D

5. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

FT Benfica 1-0 Fenerbahce

All to play for in the 2nd leg

kerryred68 likes this.
  6. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ovie Ejaria and Ryan Kent will be getting great experiance playing for Rangers. See they are both starting again tonight against Maribor.

Skintown Red likes this.
  7. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Both Liverpool player subbed off late in the match. Rangers 3-1 Maribor going into added on time at the end of the 2nd half of the 1st leg.

kerryred68 likes this.
  8. LFCToohey

LFCToohey
    Expand Collapse

Come on the Foxes tonight. Fancy them to get a result. Should be the most boring match of all time with the two managers involved.

9. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I don't rate Carragher as a co-commentator anyway,but that incident has had an effect on him.Hes trying too hard not to be too critical of ManU.They've been woeful and I don't know of he'll be similarly nice to us on a bad day,But I know he'd of slaughtered us for a performance like that before he was given that hiatus.

10. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse

United are horrible to watch but they get results.

11. petevans

petevans
    Expand Collapse

Didn’t see the game but watched the analysis afterwards, Sky saying it was a great game (as are BBC) ??

12. kerryred68

kerryred68
    Expand Collapse

If they mean great as in sh!!te, yeah, it was great.

Two mid table teams having a kick around.

I almost feel sorry for their fans having to watch that week in, week out and then praise the wonderfulness of the performance.:rolleyes:

GaryMc likes this.
  13. miked

miked
    Expand Collapse

Very boring match to watch, loads of misplaced passes. Sanchez was brutal! Manure did very little going forward of any note and had to rely on de gea to cover them a couple of times.

14. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Exact same as last season so

15. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Your man that handled the ball should have his wages docked for the week, gobshite.

16. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

5 players starting for Spurs who got to the world cup semi finals or further. It will catch up with them as the season progresses.

bobby benitez likes this.
  17. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse

Kennedy should of made this 2-2 so next goal will be spurs. That’s how it usually goes. Didn’t know about the Asian games. Son will be a big miss for spurs. Leaving after this game.

18. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Spurs are there for the taking, their world cup players are gasping for a air. Equalize before injury time and they could win it.

19. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

They simply had no choice other than to play them with the players in question but I think you're right, there's just no way the human body can go through two seasons including a WC without a break.

20. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse

Looks like spurs will just sneak the win. Only 2 games in and I’m already frustrated with the season. Going to be a long year :p

vodkacolly and Skintown Red like this.