This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Todays Matches Mark 4

Discussion in 'Football Chat' started by Dub13, Apr 15, 2018.

1. gowinit6times

gowinit6times
    Expand Collapse

We could do with Brighton needing a point to guarantee safety last game of the season so ideally Cardiff will start picking up a few points on them after our game tomorrow. I wouldn't have any faith in the likes of Burnley or Brighton taking those games too serious unless they are scrapping for their lives. Providing Chelsea beat Burnley on Monday night then Burnley still need a point to guarantee safety going into the City match so at least they should still be motivated.

2. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse

Plus a Chelsea win puts pressure on united for a result on Wednesday . Trying to hold onto any bit of hope at all.

gowinit6times likes this.
  3. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I've been absolutely loving this run in, the tension is incredible and the dynamic with the CL thrown in has been just fantastic stuff, honestly every second is why you follow football, if you're not enjoying it change sports! I haven't ever expected City to slip up once they got their noses back in front when we dropped points to Everton but it doesn't mean I'm not hoping they do just like the rest of us are, I just see it as a long shot as opposed to some who have been certain for a long time that City would drop points and frankly what does it matter at the end of the day what I expected to happen, I've enjoyed every minute of this season and not winning the league or CL at the end of it doesn't take the good out of it.

gowinit6times likes this.
  4. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

To avoid dropping points City will have had the best run in in PL history Ed,it will be a better achievement than getting 100 points last season. People weren't expecting them to drop some because they "prefer false hope", it was because it was more likely that they would than they wouldn't. To be honest pal,Im not sure your prophecy will deserve much credit if it turns out to be correct because veering towards the worst case scenario for Liverpool is something you do most seasons,whether it's your near certainty we wouldn't qualify for the CL at certain points in past seasons or those years where you were adamant ManU weren't dead and buried when rationally looking at the facts said they likely were...I'm sure you applied the thought process to those situations that you did with this one but prophet of reality is not a tag I'd give to those instances. I think we all expect the I told you so if you turn out to be right this time,and I won't begrudge you it pal,you take enough ribbing for your disposition on LFC to deserve it but let's not categorise the opposite opinion to yours on this occasion as false hope.

4 games to go though and theres still a very decent chance that City will drop points somewhere,what's worrying me at this point is theres still a very decent chance we will too and the closer we get to the end of the fixture list,the lower the chances that our dropped points wouldn't be fatal.

5. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Not interested in I told anybody anything Mick, Robbie had a cut at me so I just responded, I had used prophet of reality as a rebuttal to prophet of doom, on it's own it makes me look like a prick!

On the run City went on we knew we were dealing with one if the best premier league teams ever which meant unmatched runs were on the cards, the margin for error was unimaginably small, theirs still is which is also a pain for them, any other season in history I'm sure they'd be home and hosed weeks ago. Let's see they cope the next few weeks!

babbsnads likes this.
  6. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Come on mate,you like an I told you so:) We all do at times but I don't think prophet of reality makes you look like a prick. I do dislike the way you sometimes dismiss opinions that are based on honest logic as something else.

7. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Would have rather City won 3 or 4 nil today rather than a measly 1-0 with Spurs having the better chances and denied a stonewall penalty. Haven't been this down after a result in a good while.

8. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

Newcastle pretty much safe now. Surely Rafa will just roll over for us?!

9. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

If I made a call on Crouch scoring a hatrick against arsenal the day I was going on a ski holiday and only finding out about it 2 days later you'd be hearing all about it, for months and again anytime someone mentioned Crouch or a hatrick (true story and, I'll tell you all about it sometime) I'd much rather be proved wrong on this and City collapsing from the turn of March.

I love anything that is based on an honest logic, even an honest gut instinct. You've mentioned the Utd thing a few times and I'll accept my reality is warped on that, I grew up in soccer when all they did was win and every one of my mates in school followed them, it's like a part of my brain that's hardwired to see them pricks as unbeatable at times even when they were dogsh*t.

babbsnads likes this.
  10. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I'd never accuse you of not wanting to be wrong on predictions that are bad for us.

11. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse

Best of luck to united today and especially Wednesday .

12. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

This United team is gash

13. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

Yes but if they had no manager!!!!!!!!

14. robbie st leger

robbie st leger
    Expand Collapse

OLE been found out
    His handy start covered up a multitude

15. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

These guys will be hammered on Wednesday sadly

16. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

And some of our own thinking they are all that!!!!!!

17. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Quite conceivable they lose to City and Chelsea to bring them to 8 defeats in 10. Those numbers would get you sacked in virtually every club in the world.

I think another goal or 2 for Everton could benefit us here. Turn Wednesday into a crisis match for them.

18. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

I don't think it could've worked out much better in fairness (to keep united being shite for at least another year).

I questioned some united fans on another forum recently about 'have they no doubts kicking in?' 'How can a manager with the combined career of relegating Cardiff and in some viking league be able to manage one of the biggest clubs in the world?' 'You can't just the rely on the old he know's club's philosophy and it's in his genes etc' ...one of their replies was they see no reason if united sign 3 players there is no reason they will not get over 90 points next season...talk about deluded!! The fella who mentioned it would generally have his head screwed on regarding football matters as well!

19. diceyreilly

diceyreilly
    Expand Collapse

If that was Fergie they would have changed shirts at half time.

So glad he’s their manager. But highly unlikely he will be in August.

20. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse

How long of a contract did he sign? Also can’t see de gea sticking around for a year in Europa league and who is going to want to go play for a mid table club with a novice manager?. Hopefully they get set back for years.