This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

The unpopular opinion thread LFC related amnesty applies,no challenging posts allowed

Discussion in 'General LFC Discussion' started by trucker, Feb 16, 2013.

1. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

I’ve no doubts Keita will be a huge sucres but having very slight doubts about Fabinho but the way we’re adjusting our philosophy it’s probably a knee jerk reaction from myself.

Agree with Klopps thinking we had to adjust our style with teams learning to combat our attacking play but do feel we can play like season in certain Games , think we may have adjusted to a more controlled Game and it’s not fully required, especially with our much improved defence

Basically feel we have got the change wrong but hopefully see still reevaluating as the seson progresss

The midfield three of Milner Wijnaldum and Henderson all very good players just doesn’t function as a unit especially with Klopp looking for a controlled midfield

Looking at City’s midfield and klopp bringing in Fab and keita and looking at Fekir you can see klopps thinking , but still feel at times revert to our style from last season especially v Napoli at home

#381 ROCCO, Dec 1, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  2. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Great thread this.

DARREN26 likes this.
  3. maloneavic

maloneavic
    Expand Collapse

Hoping for no threads saying x amount of games to greatness which ended badly that year.
    Playing well yes but still a long way to go yet .

DARREN26, vodkacolly and Colm75 like this.
  4. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

Jordan Henderson is a worthy captain

Thepuinse, redabbey and Skintown Red like this.
  5. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I know you're not supposed to challenge or respond to posts whatever,but I've always thought that was stupid. The time for doubting he's a worthy captain should have passed when Klopp went into his first full season with him still with the job and we've spent a lot of money on midfielders since and he's still in our best 11.

6. Gerry

Gerry
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

For some now on either side of the debate on hendo
    Its like a oh look im right crusade

7. gowinit6times

gowinit6times
    Expand Collapse

I think you’re definitely right....on both sides! The truth lies somewhere in between, I was a non believer but at this stage he should have earned the respect of any rational fan, he is a top lad and a very good player.

8. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

The concept of this thread is getting destroyed!

vodkacolly, mushypea and Dub13 like this.
  9. gowinit6times

gowinit6times
    Expand Collapse

Nearly all of our first team squad have had good spells at different stages and our top performers have been Van Dijk, Robertson and in the last 6 weeks Salah. The 2 players that can really up it a gear and who have been a disappointment this season have been Keita and Fimrino.

With Firmino it’s not for the want of trying whilst Keita hasn’t turned out to be the player I thought he would....and still think he could.

10. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

A crusade to be right in a positive way about a Liverpool player is sound in my book.On the other hand,a crusade to be right on a negative opinion is when you move from supporting Liverpool to supporting your own agenda.Personally I'd never knowingly offer an opinion on a Liverpool player I didn't genuinely believe to avoid being wrong but I'd also never worry about being biased towards one either. And I'm happy the coach I respect most in football agrees with my opinion on Jordan Henderson.Everybody likes being right but when you'd rather be right than support a Liverpool player then in my book you're not a Liverpool supporter anymore.

I'm not saying you were referring to me with your post either pal,I just wanted to reply to your point.

11. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

I would imagine thousands of Liverpool supporters are glad that JK eventually agreed with their opinion on Loris Karius.

12. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

He didnt though did he? He had very specific targets that he was after and if he hadn't of got them he'd of kept Karius,he had to break the world record to get one of those targets(thank fuck he did).The thousands of Liverpool supporters I think you're talking about didn't rate Karius anywhere near the level Klopp did,so if he thinks a player is miles better than they do,thats not really agreeing with their opinion mate. For the record I was far closer to those supporters opinions than I was to Klopps.What I didn't share with a lot of those supporters is their desire to paint Karius,Klopp,the club and a highly respected doctor as liars over his concussion,which brings us closer to what Gerry was talking about.

13. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

:)

14. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

‘We Go Again’ shouts all over the place after last night. A phrase that brings back nothing but bad memerios.

Chambers, 77kop05, mushypea and 8 others like this.
  15. Melion

Melion
    Expand Collapse

Believing a player isn't good enough for Liverpool is OK. Not every player we have is at our level and that's fine, they need to be sold or released.

Garrett likes this.
  16. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Dean Lovren is world class.

17. Melion

Melion
    Expand Collapse

Can we swap him for Dejan ?

18. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Trying to be a smart arse,and auto correct fucks me over. Have to take that one on the chin:)

GaryMc, Stevie S and Melion like this.
  19. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

If only someone could autocorrect Dejan's positioning for him wha