This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

The unpopular opinion thread LFC related amnesty applies,no challenging posts allowed

Discussion in 'General LFC Discussion' started by trucker, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

At traffic lights and stuff like that?

2. Mico

Mico
    Expand Collapse

I do often have a look at the members online and select the threads the Bots are looking at.
    You just never know what your going to get.

3. 77kop05

77kop05
    Expand Collapse

Allez ,Allez,Allez is starting to do my head in. If we won the final no doubt I'd love it.

vodkacolly likes this.
  4. this

this
    Expand Collapse

City will win the league this season, at a canter, the media have to talk up the 'most exciting league in the world' but in my opinion its horseshit spin. Fucking frustrating that when we finally have a team capable of challenging its against a team with half a billion worth of players & a footballing body that couldn't give 2 fucks about financial fair play.

FairviewFowler likes this.
  5. twixfix

twixfix
    Expand Collapse

Completely agree with this, weird thing is they won't challenge in Europe.

6. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

We'll deserve a bus parade if we take city to May and they give the Scottish league stick.

7. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

To be fair lads it's only about 18 months since Guardiola had been found out,his team couldn't defend and he had another thing coming if he thought he was going to dominate in the PL like he did in Spain and Germany.

8. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse

I hate talk of winning the League full stop. I am amazed both with the progress we have made and the unrealistic expectations which are now practically turning our achievements into failures :confused:

Garrett likes this.
  9. Carlsburger

Carlsburger
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Completely agree.

By the way ..... @this , I though you were limiting your fu*ks? your original post plus replies generated 12 fu*cks so far ;)

10. FairviewFowler

FairviewFowler
    Expand Collapse

Completely agree. Feel there could be a media narrative in April that Liverpools season ahs been a failure despite me being confident we'll beat our PL points record. We could get over 90 points and not win the league. Even at the weekend at full time Keown was making out that it was 2 points dropped for us as if we'd just drawn with the 09 Derby team.

11. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I genuinely don't care if the PL clubs each give Peter Scudamore a gift of 250k when he leaves. He's led an organisation that's made them billions and if they want to show their appreciation for that I don't see what the big deal is. I've seen all the it should go to food banks or other causes shouts but to me that's a separate issue,clubs should do more but why is this more important than all the other crazy money being spent? We paid 75m for a CB,the TV deals Scudamore played a big part in negotiating made that possible and imagine what that money could do for the causes being mentioned.

12. Gerry

Gerry
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Wish i could comment on that :)

babbsnads likes this.
  13. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

:)
    Work away pal,I'd be interested to hear your take on it.

14. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Then put it in a different thread :)

Joedared likes this.
  15. DARREN26

DARREN26
    Expand Collapse

I never really liked this thread from day one but I have to say it.....

We are a shambles this season got lucky against city at home Chelsea away Brighton at home spurs away Leicester away Fulham at home...
    Yes there’s grinding out results (an odd one now and again if needs be if your playing well and has to be done)maybe am crazy but our next 5 games or so could have a massive bearing on our season.

16. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

We're obviously not a shambles this season,you can't fluke your way to 33 points out of 39 and only 5 league goals conceded. To think we're not playing well(Europe aside) is kind of like thinking our midfield wasn't good last season in that we're looking for something different when what is actually happening is in the main what Klopp wants to happen but I'm not enjoying this season anywhere near as much as I'd of expected to enjoy such a good start. Maybe we were spoiled by our attacking play last season or maybe we'll catch fire in that regard as the season goes on but at the moment we're an extremely functional team as a whole in the same way our midfield was functional last season and while that gets results,it will always leave some of us wanting more.

Beanokelly likes this.
  17. Sib

Sib
    Expand Collapse

I think it's a great thread. Amazing what a few pints does to your judgement.

18. AWB89

AWB89
    Expand Collapse

Keita is very disappointing and he might never be the player we hoped. Might need to sell at a loss in a few seasons.

19. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Great thread, especially the no challenging posts bit. It's a great idea and gives posters the freedom to say what many others might not agree with.

On a completely different note, and some people might not agree with this, I think Naby Keita will become one of our star players and be a snip at what we paid for him :)

20. maloneavic

maloneavic
    Expand Collapse

I hate the way so many of our fans are obsessed with utd.
    Once on here I think in our match thread someone got excited and mentioned the United score .

Lot's of banter on social media but we mock them like we are way ahead of them and going to win loads this season which is crazy.