This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

The unpopular opinion thread LFC related amnesty applies,no challenging posts allowed

Discussion in 'General LFC Discussion' started by trucker, Feb 16, 2013.

1. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Not looking to start a fight but coming in here straight after that and being ultra negative and defeatist is like a rag to the bull. You should be prepared for whatever abuse comes your way in the immediate aftermath of a horror show like that. Challenge away if you want, I'm not sensitive.

2. Redtilimdead

Redtilimdead
    Expand Collapse

I hate going into the transfers and rumours thread expecting to see us linked to another player only to see another fantasy football wishlist that would be a struggle for even man city to buy with their bottomless bankroll, would much prefer a separate thread for the fantasy stuff and keep the original thread for players we are realistically linked with

3. F@ces

F@ces
    Expand Collapse
    Part of the dance

Some supposed fans who are now vocal for the first time in a long time. The naysayers who had to be quiet for a while. Those that jumped at every opportunity to have a go at Rafa, or indeed Kenny. They had to be quiet these last few months, but they are raising their heads again to now dig a knife into Brendan. And I'm not talking constructive criticism or debate. You know the type. Normally start sentences with, "Yeah, he's done well in this regard, BUT..." in a pathetic attempt to sound reasonable and balanced.

I firmly believe they would rather see us fail to win the title this season so they could do an "I told you so". And they probably won't be happy until they'd see him fail altogether. Absolutely baffling sort, cannot understand the mentality.

4. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I'm only posting this as assistance for you so it's not challenging as such. There is a thread in the transfer topic that's called "Transfer Rumours and Makey up Stories", if you're looking for hard facts on transfers I would stay a million miles away from there but the name really does suggest that it's nothing more than a place to go and speculate on rumours etc.

5. Captain_Morgan

Captain_Morgan
    Expand Collapse

Not having a go at anyone or challenging anyone but people sometimes take what's wrote in here by someone they never met too seriously or too personally

6. Stevieb3186

Stevieb3186
    Expand Collapse

Nail. on. head.

7. Redtilimdead

Redtilimdead
    Expand Collapse

But their not posting about transfers or rumours instead they post their own personal wishlist of players they personally want at the club and that's what I'm referring to

8. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

People who can't dream about players they'd like to see the club sign. Fowler forbid we we're on a football forum, where one of the most important facets of the game is transferring players and staying ahead of the curve.

Just consider any wishlist, as a makey uppy story. Or else I can find you a link to somewhere that says we're interested in xyz if that would make these people happy?

As I've seen us linked with Ronaldo and Messi previously. Infact, every player I listed bar Griezeman I've seen us "linked" with.

9. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Considering that most of the "facts" or "reliable sources" that are circulated in the media are complete and utter rubbish I don't think that adding own wishes to see the best players land on the scene. Alos I don't think it's unfair to assume that what is posted in a thread which includes the word "makey up" can be taken with anything other than the largest pinch of salt. Like I said if you're looking for genuine transfer information you need to wait for the Times or a photo standing in front of the This is Anfield sign because even the clubs own website has taken to reporting the gossip.

10. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Supporting LFC is supposed to be enjoyable, fun, pleasurable etc ... coming onto a website to discuss LFC should be likewise, but sadly sometimes it's not.

We all need to lighten up a little bit, from time to time (me included :))

#350 Garrett, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  11. Andrew

Andrew
    Expand Collapse

Yup, hate the in-fighting that happens here, whether we're winning or losing.

We lose: People moan about people criticising or discussing players performances "Get behind the team FFS"
    We win: People moan about the lack of praise for players performances "Where's all the critics now".... eh, they're probably off enjoying that winning feeling.

At the end of the day we're all Liverpool fans and want the same thing. This is a forum for discussing all things Liverpool. If you don't agree with something, make your point, debate it or let it slide but don't tell people to shut up, be a "real red" or to just plain fcuk off.

12. IanoM7

IanoM7
    Expand Collapse

I wanted Alan Curbishley to get the Liverpool when Ger Houllier left in 2004.

To be fair I was only 14

13. MR KING KENNY

MR KING KENNY
    Expand Collapse

When I read that i started to feel sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Thats nothing.During the last day of Roy Hodgsons first transfer window I was gutted we didnt sign Carlton Cole.Not that I rated him particularly highly,I just knew how we'd be playing under Hodgson and thought we'd have a better chance to win games with somebody who could run the channels and hold tge ball up . I'll never forgive Roy for that.I also thought Paul Konchesky could be a decent left back for us.I dont think I can blame Hodgson for that though,thats all on me plus I dont even have your excuse,I was in my late 20,s

15. Shane_90

Shane_90
    Expand Collapse
    Formerly Fowler-9-

On the 31st of January 2011 I was so excited about the signing of Andy Carroll, I didnt give our other striker signing a second thought.

In the Summer of 2007 when the ponytailed blonde bomshell was smacking volleys in all over Switzerland I thought Anriy Voronin would indeed prove a better signing than Fernando Torres.

Though a quick look at there goal records since 2011 shows I was right!

16. Kop On

Kop On
    Expand Collapse

Have you been hacked? :D

6,169 posts of substance and credibility gone in an instance!

17. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Just reading this old thread, some gems.

18. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I pick a thread every now and again and have a look back through it. Always interesting to see people's opinions over a few years.

19. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

I love the concept of this thread but it reminds me of not winning the league too much this one

20. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah I do the same on slow days, it's a great way to pass a bit of time.

babbsnads likes this.