This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

The Trump Presidency

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Dub13, Sep 22, 2016.

1. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Was chatting to a mate who lives In America and he says in general Trump is even more popular than when he got elected. There is usual folks who will always vote republican or Democrat however he reckons a lot of people who may not even had an interest in politics or would have voted are now on the Trump Train. He reckons that’s Trump has tapped into something that has been hidden for last 20/30 with growth of immigration and political correctness , a lot of people went along with it as they did not want to be seen as racist/homophonic. Now though with Trump those barriers seem to be lifted and a lot of people are showing their true selves.

Reckons he will be coming home sooner than expected as he senses Trump could get in for a second term and the country will go into complete meltdown

2. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

There's going to be some losing of sh1t alright when he gets the second term.

3. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I'd be shocked if he didn't get a second term to be honest. America really is at a low ebb at the moment and it will likely take a 10-15 year period before things will turn around again.

4. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

We'll see how the midterms go but if the Democrats take back congress(I don't think they'll take back the senate) then I'd say Trump will probably lose next time. I think healthcare is the issue that will bury him in the end. Catchy slogans and rhetoric about immigration and walls don't carry the same weight when people realise they might lose the things keeping them alive. Promising to get rid of Obamacare was a big vote getter for him last time out but in trying to do it he's unwittingly educated a lot of those people as to what it actually is.

5. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Time and time again, like you, I expect things to follow logic and reason and time and time again I'm let down by people who do exactly what you're saying they won't do. I would love to see another Brexit vote because I think it would make for a pretty decent sensibility test for the United Kingdom, now that it's clear that Brexit will make everyone worse off (The EU will suffer some but mostly the UK) if 50% still voted for Brexit the country is completely and utterly screwed (I think they would vote for it again) and they would at least know that Brexit is far from their biggest problem.

I think Trump would win again if he ran, he may decide on a whim that he couldn't be bothered which seems America's biggest hope for me right now.

6. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I certainly won't be shocked if he wins again mate but I've always found reality biting is far more persuasive for people of a certain mindset than pointing things out logically for them.That might be peoples life getting worse because they did vote for Trump or didn't vote at all,the mid terms might give us a better idea.I think another Brexit referendum would see remain win easily for similar reasons but it is very troubling the amount of people these days who will gladly go down with the ship based on things that will bring no benefit to them.

7. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Megan Kelly gone from NBC for her blackface comments, the PC gone mad brigade will be out in force on this one I imagine.

She's way way way too smart to have said this in any way other than to stir up a massive backlash so I have little pity for her losing her job, when you live and die by your reputation and marketability you need to box smarter than this.

8. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Apparently they'd already realised they'd made a big mistake by bringing her over from Fox and it wasn't working.That makes sense to me because they'd of known exactly what they were getting and those comments on their own aren't ending a 69m dollar investment .They wanted her gone,she gave them an out and they'll paint it as taking a stand against racism but like most of these situations,it's just business. The PC gone made brigade are the most and easiest manipulated demographic out there at the moment,ask Peter Casey.

9. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

In a world of slimy snivelling weasels, Cruz still manages to come out looking like King Weasel. Would Keggy Luv’ It if he took a beating.

10. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Trump told the world his wife was ugly and accused his father of being involved in the JFK assassination,now Cruz licks his hole.Dont know how he can look his family in the eye.

11. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

12. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Trump going all in with immigration as a mid term tactic.

I watched his bizarre ranting and raving last night, labeling the caravan as angry violent male rapist invaders, interspersed with 'alternative facts' (lies) about immigration. The highlight being he will order the military to shoot migrants who throw rocks.

No doubt it will rile up the crazies, but it will be very interesting to see where America is 2 years on from Trump.

Going on current polling.

The Democrats were always going to win back the house no matter who the President was, but they are no where near a super majority. Probably looking at 40-45 seat majority.

The absolute best they could do in the Senate is tie it 50/50. That's unlikely though.

They do actually have a good chance to tip the balance in the Governor elections.

The more GOPer's who get voted out our shit themselves in tight races the better.

I see the Democratic party as being beyond weak though, they are still "going high" [​IMG] and still dangerously taking things for granted.

I listened to a bit of conservative radio yesterday, a NY station I think. Just lies, hyperbole but above all fear mongering, sadly it works.

13. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

14. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Can't believe that anyone is entertaining the nonsense he's spun about the CNN reporter treating the intern badly etc. It's clear as day that the CNN reporter asks here nicely to back off a few times ...

15. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

The White House literally trying to set up a reporter for assault with a doctored video and asking people to believe different to what they saw with their own eyes. Then he sacks the Attorney General because he wants one that will interfere with an investigation into him and his cronies.

16. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

And sadly it doesn't really seem to matter! He's literally destroyed any credibility of the office of the president in the US, I can't quite believe how easy it's been for him to ride roughshod over everything in the States!

17. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I have a feeling he's going to have a much tougher next 2 years than his first 2 and I don't think there will be any more years for him after that but we'll wait and see.

18. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I'm starting to think you're right, but the amount of danage he's going to do in the next two years may take decades to corrext!

babbsnads likes this.
  19. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

If it's ever corrected.

20. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

He's gotten away with so much to date, starting to look to me like he'll get a second term as no one is really taking him on.