This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

The general news thread

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Red7778, Aug 4, 2011.

1. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I've no real problem here, he wants his cut of the money for the photoshoot and no doubt this is the last line in a lengthy battke to get something which is why his list of grievances has been fabricated to the point of stupidity. Record label no doubt had multiple opportunities to get rid of this earlier. I hope he wins.

bobby benitez likes this.
  2. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

He's alleging sexual exploitation against the band and the record company. Its one thing trying to wrangle yourself a few quid, quite another to falsely accuse somebody of sexually exploiting a baby.

Shane_90 likes this.
  3. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

I agree, I think he's playing it well looking for $150k from several individuals. A few will pay to avoid court and Nirvana will be in the news which could make them the money back.

4. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

If it's true that they neither had a signed agreement nor did they honour their agreement to cover his penis on the cover then it would suggest that they did take some advantage of him without permission even from his parents (who he should really be suing but let's face it they're not rich enough most likely), photo is of him naked so why not throw it in the mix to cause enough of a sensation to get the money he wants. As Bobby said 150k each might just be low enough to get some of them to just pay up to make it go away. He's got a free shot here but he's going to get absolutely smashed about this on social media, things could get very ugly.

Great album mind!

5. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Personally I've a big problem with trivialising sexual exploitation,especially when it comes to children. He doesn't feel like he was sexually exploited because he wasn't. The dollar bill makes the baby seem like a sex worker? Fuck off.... and it takes a pretty sick mind to even come up with that bullshit,although he probably didn't come up with it,some perverted lawyer did.

vodkacolly likes this.
  6. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Actually from what I've read of it the sexual exploitation angle is the only one that doesn't have a statute of limitation so it was their only shot. I don't think they'll have a strong legal case which is why they're pushing for a jury trial in the hope that the amount of money everyone else made off it might sway them (of course they don't want to go to court at all really). It's murky territory using a photo of a naked child who obviously cannot provide consent for commercial gain either way and it will be interesting to see if they have any paperwork on approval from the parents.

7. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Do you genuinely believe this man was sexually exploited as a baby,or is your argument that its ok to pretend he was because its his only real chance of getting money?

8. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

I don't believe he suffered extreme and permanent emotional distress, loss of earnings or any of the other bullshit he claims.
    According to that article, he stated previously about the photo "It's always been a positive thing and opened doors for me".
    I don't think it's ok for someone to make up all this bullshit just to try and get a piece of the pie.
    Why should he get a million $ for it? He didn't do anything.

babbsnads likes this.
  9. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Was reading this yesterday. It’s strategy to get a few quid out of them and he might get it. Half a million quid between those lads would be pocket change so instead of protracted case, they will come to an agreement to make him go away.

10. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

If I had their money I'd spend a fortune to make sure he got fuck all. Celebrities deal with nuisance suits all the time and often it just makes more sense to pay to make it go away. But people go on the sex offenders register for what's being alleged here and there's no way I'd give any credibility to those allegations by paying a settlement.

11. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Does he have the right to ask for it be deleted from existence? Ask the record company to recall every album sold that has a picture of his mickey on it? Get Google/Facebook to remove every image.

12. Shane_90

Shane_90
    Expand Collapse
    Formerly Fowler-9-

listened to the album start to finish for the 2nd day in a row today. Fucking brilliant and reminding me to play the albums rather than playlists and cherry picking songs. Brilliant brilliant album.

13. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Meh, they've a couple of songs I like but wouldn't be much of a fan.

14. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

The US Pentagon has reported that an explosion has occurred outside Kabul airport in Afghanistan, its press secretary has confirmed.

There are "some casualties" according to reports. Details are still unclear as to how many people have died or been injured and their nationalities.

15. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

12 marines and 1 navy medic reported dead...awful

16. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

17. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

I seen the Irish rangers went in. But withdrawn within 48 hours, for whatever reasons.
    Then I seen the above tweet

18. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

he said on radio yesterday that a few nations helped them out, france, britain and germany were mentioned.

19. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

This is crazy. To walk away from so much equipment. And leave all info behind

20. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Jesus