This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

The general news thread

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Red7778, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Which in itself, seems very wrong. We need consistency imho.

Thought there was some discussion about minimum sentencing / guidelines on sentencing a few years ago .. must not have gone anywhere.

2. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Garrett likes this.
  3. robbie st leger

robbie st leger
    Expand Collapse

A fcuking white elephant project if ever there was one, stupid idea

GaryMc likes this.
  4. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

GaryMc likes this.
  5. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

But if it's Dublin city council money it will be spent in Dublin, but I get your point.

Shane_90 likes this.
  6. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

This time, we've gone and bought an oversized printer...

... and now we need a construction company to knock a bigger hole the wall of Leinster House to get the machine into the bloomin' building, then we've to buy forklift to load the paper into it, and then we'll be sending a dozen staff off on some junket abroad to learn how to use the thing no doubt.

No sign of anyone being held to account for this latest cock up either .... I guess that our politicians must all be too busy lobbying to get their mates in the construction industry on the shortlist for the contract to knock the hole in the wall etc.

FFS :mad:

7. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

8. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Where did she go after 7 hours with her child who needed emergency medical attention?

I think we're going to have a lot of South American hospitals up in arms with her comparison too.

9. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

she is/was a pharmacist so she probably realised after a few hours that the child wasn't so bad and could be treated at home

10. Gerry

Gerry
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Predictions of very low turnouts in the by elections yesterday

One box in cork had no votes in it

Hard to understand people at times

11. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

We live in a country where no matter what way you vote you still end up with a government led by one of two parties who are two cheeks of the same arse. This time we got them both. Until belief that things can change can be instilled into the country then I completely understand why people cant be bothered voting. I cringe when I hear the "people died for our right to vote" trotted out like exercising your democratic right to decide it's pointless is disrespectful to the dead. I think everybody should use their vote and I always do but when I go to the polls I dont do it with any hope that things are going to change because they're not. We're a nation that is more concerned with stopping people getting things we dont think they're entitled to rather than prioritising trying to give people the things they need and I dont see how that changes. Basically we're all about handing out punishment,not enacting change.

12. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

13. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I'm happy to see it green lighted because if white water rafting for Dublin 1 is taken seriously then my proposal of polo and croquet facilities for Finglas must have a great chance. The lads have said they'll provide their own horses which will keep costs down and the Spar near the big church said they'll do us a deal on cucumber sandwiches. It's in the bag.

14. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

15. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

16. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

'I haven't had a full night's sleep in two years' - journalist Kevin Myers on life since he woke up to the demise of his career
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-ne...-up-to-the-demise-of-his-career-38763566.html

Theres not many things more predictable than media personalities who use controversy as part of their brand.

Deliberately provoke outrage.

Eventually say/write something that sees you walk into the occupational hazard of feeding something you can't control.

Come back with the self pitying and hypocritical interview/article about how you're the victim.

What I will give him is it's wrong that RTE being forced to apologise to him this week hasn't been more widely covered.