This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

The general news thread

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Red7778, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Gerry

Gerry
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Wow that's madness

There can be no justification for that

GaryMc and babbsnads like this.
  2. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

There was a story on Friday about security guards pinning a guy to the ground by the neck too on the Luas.

3. Yoko

Yoko
    Expand Collapse

I think they were just ticket inspectors, which would be worse..

4. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse

What the hell is going on there??

5. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Ticket inspector who thinks he's Rambo.The lad was inches away from having his head smashed on the edge of the platform.

6. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse

That's madness, you can't just assault someone like that. No justification for that. Wonder does anyone have any background about what started it.

7. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Power trip I'd imagine

Liverpool-law likes this.
  8. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I'd say they put up with an unbelievable amount of sh*t on a day to day basis for doing a job that I certainly wouldn't like to have to do myself but this is a totally and utterly inexcusable use of force.

9. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

Apparently the guy didn't have a ticket, so they asked for ID to issue the ticket, he only had his bank card, they snatched the card from his hand and wouldn't give it back, he got annoyed and tried to take it back. I'm not sure if anything happened or if the guy was aggressive in trying to get his card back, then what's seen on the video happened.

That could be all total BS, but that's the gist of a forwarded message doing the rounds with the video in whatsapp groups.

10. £6.50

£6.50
    Expand Collapse

Just hope this low life is brought before the courts and gets what he deserves, absolutely overstepped the mark.

11. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Another fella killed down at Dublin port yesterday, that's 8 people in the last 2 years. I'm working down there 6 months and 2 people have been killed in that time.
    Dangerous place.

12. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse

The americans couldn't have defeated ISIS without the kurdish fighters, now Trump leaves them to get slaughtered by the Turks. Everything he does is scum. It is so saddening to see what this prick is doing. He's also going the right way about creating a new batch of terrorists if this is how he treats his allies. Disposable. Of course he has a massive military industry that need to sell weapons. He is evil.

13. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Is it really him making the decisions though? I’d say he has not a clue what is going on. You can tell when he is making certain statements on military action, he is using language that you would talk to kids with. It’s probably the only way his ‘advisors’ can trust him to get a coherent message across.

When George Bush was making a clown of himself in 2000s, it was Dick Cheney and others who had the real power. Bush was just a front man happy to look like the most powerful man on the planet.

14. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse

I thought we had hit a new low with George W but he was a lovable village idiot next to this guy. And I doubt Trump is as easy to control on any point, he is a loose cannon. Sure the republicans fought every inch of the way to prevent him being their candidate until they had to accept it was inevitable. The tail is wagging the dog in the republican party now. They disgustingly supported him because power above all else, at any cost. But even they are coming out on this point and saying it is shameful and damaging to the US's reputation in the world. Personally I don't believe they have any reputation left to damage at this point.

15. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

https://www.rte.ie/news/ulster/2019/1011/1082646-driving-death/

What a load of bullshit.
    She didn't 'remember' hitting anyone but instead thought he had continued walking up the road?
    So she didn't hear a bang or feel any impact?
    I'm sure her lack of insurance had nothing to do with her leaving the scene.
    I understand there was no evidence against her but it still stinks.

16. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Remember this at the time, she is blessed with that sentence. Car had no NCT and when examined there were multiple faults.

Terrible tragedy for the family