This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

SWP, RP, AY and PJ

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by midg23, Oct 24, 2010.

1. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Been told we will get £4-5m if inusa signs for another club based on the uefa rules on compensation for young players ..

Degen £2m....... that was max anything for 500k -£2m

Birmingham offered £9-10m last window and a lot in Birmingham have family living there who are life long match going fans told myself Birmingham were willing to go to £12m with add on's.

Still think Darby would go for £1-2m same with El Zhar £3m lads still young enough.

Poulsen would still do well in ITALY and could see a italian side offering £3-4m.

Maybe a bit optimistic but not beyond imo..

2. aquaman

aquaman
    Expand Collapse

seriously wishful thinkin id say!

3. KEITHO M

KEITHO M
    Expand Collapse

Would love to sign them players.

4. smiley1987

smiley1987
    Expand Collapse

That list of players looks good to me i think we should also try and have a crack at signing Diego Forlan or if that fails Oscar Cardoza would be a very welcome addition especially if we could use one or 2 of our squad players to make the deal happen

5. Phil!

Phil!
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Think that'd be a very sucessful January window anyway

6. smiley1987

smiley1987
    Expand Collapse

The only thing i can say about phil jones is if hes is gonna be a great player well then i can see that c**t sam allardyce holding onto him and selling him to his best buddy up at old toliet or if he sells him to us it will be for over the odds money .

7. Raven136

Raven136
    Expand Collapse

"18th place team in the premier league with no champions league has caused a major shock by signing 5 full internationals"

What can we offer Ashley Young that Spurs cant match?

Why would these players join us in January.

Poulsen,Jovanovic are the type of players we will again sign.Decent,old and hard working.

8. RobbieC

RobbieC
    Expand Collapse

Decent? Shite you mean.

9. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

Not sure 30 million will cover my wish list, but hey thats why theyre called "wish lists".
    Love to see Llorente, Mata and Taiwo come in. That'd cover LB, LM and striker.

Llorente has scored 10-15 league goals the past 3 seasons and is up to 6 this year already. Bearing in mind the calibre of player he's got with him at Bilbao, thats not a bad return.
    Nando's best return in la ligue was 19, but he averaged about 15, again playing in an average team. I'd back Llorente to bang in 20 a season playing in a good side.
    Mata IS inconsistent as has been said, but he's 22 so surely the consistency will come. I doubt its ever coming for Ryan at this point so hopefully the mooted swap deal will come off for the benefit of all (including Ryan). Also Mata is a matchwinner with some sublime skills. Added to this, Mata cant get a run in the Valencia side atm, so with a contract winding down, we could get him right.
    Taiwo was THE LB everyone wanted back in the summer, but he didnt move from Marseilles (Unless I missed it lol), he can rampage forward, and is a tidy full back. Lots of pace too.

I cant decide about Ashley Young, I've seen him terrorise teams for ninety minutes, and then the following week be completely anonymous. Again he's young (no pun intended) and maybe the consistency will come. I've always felt the english media hype their younger players up to be superstars and while I dont doubt Young is a good player, I sometimes wonder if the "level of good" with him is more in the back pages of the papers or on the pitch.

I wouldnt take SWP on a picnic never mind for the first team. He's warmed the bench everywhere hes gone. Chelsea and City both wasted no time in bringing in replacement wingers for him. Makes me wonder if its not his ability thats the problem, more his willingness to use it. No doubt he HAS got talent, but I dont think he's the kind of player I'd want.

Pavlyuchenko is another player I'd take in a heartbeat. Reckon Nando would just love feeding off him!

10. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Mata contracted to 2013 and it seems he has been offered contract extension by Valencia.

Taiwo great going forward anytime ive seem him play he has been worse defending than Glen

Fernando Llorente Torres would be a very interesting signing but i always thought he was already unofficially going to be signed By Real Madrid soon ?

Chances of us getting Gonzalo Higuaín are more less impossible { just a dream signing by myself } but if Llorente was to go to Madrid realistically i would chance a punt at Benzema at £20m.

Ashley Young and Pavlyuchenko imo id take no doubt what so ever and realistic targets imo. Same with Forlan.

#30 ROCCO, Oct 25, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  11. this

this
    Expand Collapse

Any player that signs for Spurs over us isn't worth it anyway, wouldn't want them at the club. Cole provided this summer that the right type of players will choose the club if it comes down to a straight choice.

Anyway, City don't exactly seem to have any problem attracting players with no Champions League football.

12. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Mata's contract will be announced when Valencia are going through a bad patch.It has all been agreed and it will be announced when they need something to cheer about as at the moment they are doing quiet well..

Last season they sold 60 mill worth of players in Villa and Silva so they wont be selling Mata either, and the figures been mentioned in this thread are madness.He is only a young player and is twice the player of Babel...

13. Raven136

Raven136
    Expand Collapse

Really?If you were a professional footballer,offered champions league football or the slight possiblity at a push of europa league,you expect me to believe that you would choose Liverpool?

We all love liverpool here but some realism please.City attract players due to offering huge money that noone can compete with.

We cant expect to by champions league level players when in fact we are not a champions league level team and havent looked one for over 6/8 months.

14. Sarge

Sarge
    Expand Collapse

Our Left side is most important and bring back Aqualani. CDM after that.

Reina

Kelly Soto Agger LB

Meirles CDM

Aqualani Gerrard LM

Torres

15. CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse
    Expand Collapse

This is nonsense.

16. djdwainec

djdwainec
    Expand Collapse

don't think aquillani has done enough to prove he deserves to be there imo

maybe.....

------Reina-------
    Kelly Soto/carra Skrtel LB
    Johnson Lucas/mereiles CM LM
    ------Gerrard Torres------

subs. agger, carra/soto, lucas/mereiles, pacheco, aquillani

17. Sarge

Sarge
    Expand Collapse

How some still think Carra deserves a place is beyond me, seriously?

18. bono

bono
    Expand Collapse

I'd say wrong thread as thats a different issue all together as to what has been discussed already.

As for the debate over players signing for us instead of Spurs/City.I think spurs can offer a little bit more than us (in the way of top european football) but surely in the back of there minds it's LFC thats in for me the most sucessful team in english football so i think it's pretty even City well they can offer money but not for very long.(what with the new fifa rules coming in)
    Imo we are seen as a club back on the rise if you look at it from a money point of view & that will be taken into account by any player deciding on there future.
    I would'nt discount the lure of our club likely & I think we should aim high in the next window as a statement of our commitment to move foward.

#38 bono, Oct 26, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  19. this

this
    Expand Collapse

No it's not.

20. this

this
    Expand Collapse

Why didn't Cole just choose Spurs instead of us then?

You're probably right, there is a sense of sentimentality about it about, we should however be aiming our sights a little higher, Hicks & Gillette have been the reason we haven't been able to compete financially in the recent past, and if NESV want to put it right then we should be aiming for players that are going to make a positive addition to the team.

Rose tinted glasses, probably.