This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

SWP, RP, AY and PJ

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by midg23, Oct 24, 2010.

1. midg23

midg23
    Expand Collapse

Seen on the website yesterday that Roy is interested in 5 players in the Jan Window, Roy is supposed to have £30m to spend, and whatever he makes from outgoings.

Ashley Young i seen he wants to snap him up and WILL meet the valuation of Villa at £14m

Shawn Wright Philips finds it hard to claim a starting spot and at the age of 28 year he does not want to be wasting away on the bench and with the likes of Adam Johnson and David Silva at the club the England international will find it increasingly difficult to get on Roberto Mancini's opening team sheet.

Roman Pavlyuchenko was targeted in the last transfer window but a last ditch attempt to land the Russian failed to materialise but the former Spartak Moscow man is still struggling to secure a regular starting spot at White Hart Lane despite netting five goals in six starts this season.

and Phil Jones has impressed many with his mature performances at Ewood Park and the Blackburn Rovers man would help Hodgson to continue the club's recent policy of bringing in young up and coming talents.

This trio of talent could be considered as realistic targets and would set the club back around £23m and Hodgson will hope that the club's new owners would realise that such an investment is crucial to help get the club firing on all cylinders.

If all this materialised, £23m gone on 3 players, he needs £14m for Young and only has £7m, who'd go????

Bearing in mind that "Babel and Mata will be switching places within the next few months" according to "sources"

2. bono

bono
    Expand Collapse

Whats this about Babel & Mata swapping places tell me more.

3. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Not sure about Shawn Wright Philips keeping thinking the next Pennant .

Roman Pavlyuchenko id take in a heart beat ...

Phil Jones would be one for the future but we have Wilson and Ayala

Since your saying Mata for Ryan ....

Were does the £7m come for to buy Young if we can get him at that price { a steal if true}

From ....

Poulsen £3-4m replace with Shelvey

Jovanovic £4-6m .... well If young and Mata coming in he wouldn't get any games

Degen £2m ......

Insua £5m .....

Darby £2m ..

Elzhar £2-3m

Babel £9m/mata

#3 ROCCO, Oct 24, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  4. midg23

midg23
    Expand Collapse

Liverpool are lining up a January move for Valencia winger Juan Mata and will try to use Ryan Babel as part of the deal

Roy Hodgson has made the Spaniard one of his main targets for when the transfer window re-opens but the Liverpool manager knows his side will have to improve on their dismal start to the season if they are to tempt Mata to Anfield.

Sources close to the club have told Goal.com UK that Hodgson has given up on Dutch star Babel and has made the former Ajax man available for just £4.5 million as he looks to revitalise his beleaguered squad.

Liverpool would prefer to get Babel off their books by using the 23-year-old as a makeweight to convince Valencia to part with Mata, whose contract at the Mestalla expires in the summer of 2012.

Mata, 22, would cost the cash-strapped Reds around £12m, with the club believing they could finance the deal by cutting their losses on Babel, who cost £11.5m in June 2007.

Valencia are themselves in financial strife and could be forced to sell Mata, despite making more than £60m from the summer sales of star duo David Villa and David Silva.

Mata has stalled on talks over a new contract and is believed to be happy to assess his options as his contract runs down, with Liverpool just one of a number of clubs monitoring his situation.

Hodgson believes Mata’s pace and sweet left foot would be a valuable addition to his squad, while the Spain international has a record of scoring vital goals from his attacking midfield position.

Mata, a former Real Madrid trainee, could be tempted to link up with fellow Spaniards Fernando Torres and Pepe Reina on Merseyside.

That was about 3 weeks ago it was released

5. midg23

midg23
    Expand Collapse

Dont know Rocco i just posted it up and i really didnt even have a think over it yet, dont think Poulsen will be let go though as Roy loves him

6. masterbenji

masterbenji
    Expand Collapse

sounds good 2 me bar that jones lad cos we dont need him!..pav would be very welcome and we could sell maxi 2 make funds for young even tho i do like maxi, young is a far better player!

7. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Ryan will go for at least £8-10m imo ...

Still young and a Dutch International and the right Manager and set up some one will think they can get the potential out of him.

8. midg23

midg23
    Expand Collapse

think its a straight swap deal Rocco, didnt see any review where cash was montioned

9. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Honestly Mata's way to inconsistent can see another great player on paper just not cutting it with us ..

id risk a swap with Ryan , but wouldn't risk about £10m on him

10. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse

id defo take all them players everyone of them would improve us and if we can get rid of some players to we will be in good shape

11. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

If we have £30m , id prefer to ship out

Ryan £10m

Poulsen £4m

Jovanovic £5m

Konchesky £4m

Degen £2m ......

Insua £5m .....

Darby £2m ..

Elzhar £2-3m

And take the £65m and bring in

Striker £30m Gonzalo Higuain
    Leftmid £15m Young
    Cen half £10m Chiellini
    Left back £10m Zhirkov

Bring back Alberto ;)

4-5 quality players ... with the squad we have we will be in good shape to just bring in quality players in the future no more players just to make up the numbers or balance the books

#11 ROCCO, Oct 24, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  12. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse

id love to see lorente up front with torres what a front 2 that would be

13. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Interesting call Glen

On July 13, 2006, Fernando Llorente Torres signed a new contract with Athletic until June 2011...

Has he extended it ?

People comparing him to Crouch but beside the height {6.5 age 25} i don't see the comparison in their style of play but the benefit to Torres i see the comparison ..

If he has a long contract were looking at £20m .. very impressive when he gets a game for Spain.

Not a prolific goal scorer but think he would get around 15 if he started regular ..... imo think he would be a great foil for Torres.

Torres got 33 goals with crouch in 2007-08 but Crouch only got 11 .....{all comps}

#13 ROCCO, Oct 25, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  14. MutantNinjaSkrtel

MutantNinjaSkrtel
    Expand Collapse
    In Raga We Trust

.tv is full of shite from terrible sources.Nobody has a clue how much we have to spend so all these 'warchest' figures and lists of players is a load of bollox.

15. Colm75

Colm75
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Unless we're in a position to make a challenge for the top 4 after Christmas,I think we can forget about signing any of these.

16. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse

everytime i see him the looks good he wont do anything with bilbao so i think he would be available he has scored a few this season with bilbao including 2 the weekend against seville he would be a great addition imo

17. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Wondering has he a long contract ?

Beside the height comparison to crouch who would you compare him to...

18. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse

latest on wikipedia- On July 13, 2006, Llorente signed a new contract with Athletic until June 2011, which included a buy-out clause of between €30 and 50 million.it doesnt say anything about an extension

19. Coolfran

Coolfran
    Expand Collapse

With the greatest of respect Rocco I think this is beyond optimistic;

Babel - We'd do well to get £8M. I mean we paid 11.5M when he was actually an exciting prospect and hadn’t yet been ‘found out’.

Poulsen – £4M. Dont think anyone will pay that haveing seen how ineffectual he’s been for us. (Although I must admit I expected him to do a much better job).

Degen – £2M. I believe Stuttgart ahve an agreed fee of €1.5M.

Insua - £5M. His contract expires at the end of the season. All we can hope for is a few mill via a tribunal (and that is dependant upon offering him a new contract with an increased wage).

Darby - £2M. He’s a championship full back at best and I dont think many championship clubs can afford that for a mediocre full back.

El Zhar - £2/3M. We would seriously do well do get 500k. He isn’t slow and does what he is told. That is all he offers. Noone in their right mind would stump up that kindof money.

Just so it doesn’t seem like I’m laying into your post too much I can agree that all teh players you have proposed as signing would offer a great deal to our squad (especially Chiellini).

20. RedArmagh

RedArmagh
    Expand Collapse

llorente would be a great signing and much more realistic than higuain who madrid wont sell