This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Spurs v Liverpool Sunday 16:00

Discussion in 'Match Day (Closed)' started by CHARMAC, Oct 20, 2017.

1. CHARMAC

CHARMAC
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

2. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse

I have absolutely no idea how this one is going to go, finding it very hard to gauge the team this year. I do know that if we lose we will almost certainly be 12 points off the top after 9 games. Luckily 4th will be still within reach regardless, any title chances we might have had were scuppered in the summer.

3. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

It will be interesting to see if Milner keeps his place.We know Henderson will come back in so it will be between Can and Wijnaldum if he does.After that I think the team pretty much picks itself.

Mingolet
    Gomez Matip Lovren Moreno
    Henderson
    Can Milner(my guess)
    Salah Firmino Coutinho

4. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

I don't think Milner starts, if he does it will be at Henderson's expense, which won't happen.

5. theoriginals_lfc

theoriginals_lfc
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I'd agree with this. Unfortunately that's going to be the way.

6. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Should be a good match this one I think, should be a bit of a tall order of us with the strength of their defence but I still honestly dont' believe that Wembley suits the kind of game they like to play and forces them to open up a lot. I really think this is a game that is made for us to really get at them and it could be one of them wonderful blood and thunder performances from us in the first half when our job is nearly done when we're going in for the break.

Get at them early and go full throttle, they won't cope with us at our menacing best but we'll need 3 goals to see this one out I'd say, Kane will have a field day against us if we aren't switched on.

7. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Henderson is the one midfielder we know is starting because Klopp basically told us so you're probably right Bob,a start for Milner in this is unlikely but I dont see why it would automatically be at Hendersons expense if he did.Milner played the other bight in one of the roles normally taken up by Can and Wijnaldum and Can played Hendersons role.

8. LKDAVE

LKDAVE
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

I think its the first time we have played Spurs at Wembley since 82 Milk Cup Final (the day we got two cups)

Colm75 likes this.
  9. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Why did we get 2 cups?

10. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

The normal league cup trophy and another one given by the competitions sponsors.

11. LKDAVE

LKDAVE
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Charity Shield in 82 was the last time come to think of it. Feel quite old now

12. moejoe54

moejoe54
    Expand Collapse

Personally think the big Wembley pitch will be in our favour so if we defend great then we will win by 2 goals.

13. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

So 2-2 draw then :)

14. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse

Strongly fancy us for this. We have a good record against the clubs around us, big wembly pitch, Spurs are poor at wembly, they won’t sit back. All very positive for us.

15. Dubfan

Dubfan
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Can see us winning this one. Great confidence from mid week and hopefully Spurs over confident after holding Madrid. We need to get at them. Ex Arsenal lad in Chambord to score the winner

16. corkred

corkred
    Expand Collapse

Only change from Tuesday would be Hendo in for Wijnaldum. Milner was impressive and feel he gives more going forward than the other two.

17. Pfoley

Pfoley
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

A draw is a decent result here. We have decent fixtures on paper the next few weeks. Both teams will want to play ball son should be good for the neutrals.

18. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse

Win this game and we will be above united in 2 weeks. Great chance to push on and finish 2nd behind city.

19. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I expect us to win tomorrow, I'm hoping that game against the Mancs has seen us turn a corner and Spurs may be meeting us at a bad time. Not having Mane is a big loss but Salah is absolutely mint so we are not as lost as were last year.

20. Dubfan

Dubfan
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

I would like Milner to start based on his midweek performance and would drop Gini for him. Mignolet will be between the sticks and can see Gomez instead of TAA, which I would prefer as TAA is about more niaive. Obviously need to win the midfield to stifle Kane, Delle Ali and Erickson, our front 3 should occupy their's so it will be an interesting battle. Could be best game this year.

Garrett likes this.