This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Sos

Discussion in 'General LFC Discussion' started by pam, Oct 20, 2008.

1. dk.lfc

dk.lfc
    Expand Collapse

Only 2nd time getting the coach yesterday. Very well run and some sound lads on it.

2. Gerry

Gerry
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

3. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Good idea about approaching the sponsors.....

There's a fair arguement for LFC fans starting to hit both the club and it's sponsors on Facebook, Twitter etc. Hard and fast action is probably the best way to avoid a lenghty arguement, which could quickly go beyond repair for some on both sides.

4. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I'm actually a bit uncomfortable about the direction this campaign is going.I'm 100% behind the campaign on ticket prices but less than a week after the campaign starts properly we're getting calls for FSG out and Jay McKenna is retweeting comments shaming those who chose to stay,it's wrong.The point is to try and get a concession on ticket prices not tear the club apart.We need to remember that as shameful as it is for the owners to try and get more money from supporters when TV revenues are rising the way they are,it's a problem all over football,not just ours.While I'm proud Liverpool supporters are taking the lead on the issue,there's also a responsibility on those taking the lead to try and stop the hijacking of the campaign with other agendas. FSG out won't automatically mean cheaper ticket prices,there's a big chance it could mean dearer ticket prices and the people who stayed in the ground are perfectly entitled to.The owners need to be fought on this issue but we're nowhere near the stage where they need to be ousted and we need as many supporters on board as possible but we have no right to paint the ones who don't join the campaign as scabs.SOS,Spion Kop and by extension Jay McKenna have put themselves forward as leaders here,fair play as somebody has to but they now have a duty to do it responsibly.

5. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

With you on that Mick, the attack on the sponsors is uncalled for at this stage. Maybe at some point in the future if no dialogue is forthcoming but now is too early imo. They should try get other club supporters on board, today will have made an impact right across the league, todays events replicated in 10 stadiums next week for the last 13 minutes would make some sight.

babbsnads likes this.
  6. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

There's 7 home league games left, SOS should encourage as many ST's as possible to return their tickets at the last minute for each game, hopefully the club will struggle to resell them.
    We're hardly pulling up trees at the mo in the league anyway and there's no hope of getting top 4, winning the league cup would be the ideal scenario.
    Can't see members doing it cos it would effect their loyalty but ST's wouldn't have that worry.

Garrett likes this.
  7. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Agree with both posters above. I have been very uncomfortable on this issue since Monday's SOS statement. Their demands were crazy and unrealistic, there was no way that they had any chance of getting the removal of categorisation and 70% of the ground at £30 or less.

With the club releasing the prices for the New Main Stand it was probably natural for them to focus on the highest price. The protest was a great success today and it has gained huge media attention. In the last hour or more I have been reading some comments on twitter and am worried that the protest could fracture the fan support, yet again.

I am not going to vent my own opinions about the ticket prices again. For some years I have been reading the blogs of the Swissramble and it has been very obvious that Liverpool have been lagging behind other major rival clubs, building a world class stand and benefiting from the increased revenue has long been needed.

Those calling for the ousting of FSG are completely wrong high ticket prices are inevitable. The views of Arsenal Wenger http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35502898

8. flies

flies
    Expand Collapse

I fully agree with both Mick & Lionel too im uncomtfortable aswell the route this is heading, its great that our supporters are at the forefront leading the race to get ticket prices down as it needs to be done, but even though i havent been FSG greatest fans since their arrival the calling on them to get out of the club, is just silly they have done wonders in the building of new stand of which previous owners have merely promised also despite the players they bought they still gave the managers the funds to get the new players. Group such as the sos be quick to remember better the devil you know than you dont.

9. stamullenredmen

stamullenredmen
    Expand Collapse

I can see the point about sponsors lads, it does be handy to hold something back for escalation alright. To be fair there has been a fair few protests across different grounds at different times by various clubs and it causes a stir but goes back to normal after a while. I'm sure the groups have been talking to each other and it would be great to see a co-ordinated walk out around every ground on a given weekend. Just on the whole scabs thing, it does look nasty but I'd imagine on the other side of the coin people blaming those who walked out for two dropped points didn't help things either and the whole thing just inflames then

10. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

I am happy enough with the SOS strategy. Go in hard at the start and see will they buckle. There is the argument that you are starting with some fairly agressive tactics however they have been agressive in their pricing. 75% increases in four years for some parts of the ground. You can't compare pricing in London to pricing in Liverpool. Also the club have won 1 trophy in 10 years and 1 CL appearance in 6. The standard of the squad is getting worse every years. Club legends replaced by wasters.

I don't think this just about tickets prices though for the average fan and there many reasons fans are willing to protest.

1. Standard of the squad is as poor as I can remember due to year on year downgrading.
    2. They sacked a club legend who was replaced by an inexperienced manager who many of the fans never really took to. He should have been sacked last May
    3. The CEO maybe an excellent commercial director however he is always off the mark when it comes to dealing with fan issues.

The tickets pricing issue is a massive issue however I think it's a chance for the match day fanbase to get stuck into the owners due to those additional issues.

Would be a great victory for fans everywhere if FSG made some concessions.

Supporters Not Customers

11. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Anybody protesting for reasons 1 or 2 is acting exactly like a customer.One of the things Im most uncomfortable with in this protest was people hijacking it to push their other far less noble agendas.I'll support a fight against people being priced out of watching their team 100% and accept the risks that go with it but risking the type of damage to the club and divisions in the fan base because of subjective issues and an selfish sense of entitlement is just plain wrong.We're all entitled to criticise football decisions being made but we're not entitled to walk out protests and emailing campaigns against sponsors for those reasons under a slogan,supporters not customers.It's hypocritical in the extreme.

12. Fran74

Fran74
    Expand Collapse
    Premium / Subscriber

13. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

I agree totally, however those factors are leading to more people to get behind the protest as there is a general dissaffection with how squad has been built. Under H&G, it was not until the results on the field got worse and worse than the majority of the fanbase got behind the protests. When Torres was banging them in in 08/09, no one really cared about the finance side even though SOS and others were pointing out for ages it was a ticking time bomb.

Had LFC been on a similar season to 13/14 now last Saturday, there is no way as many people would have left the stadium.

I think myself the owners know they have scored a major own goal with this annoucement. Even if they had waited to after a potential League Cup win, it would have been harder for SOS to get as much as much support.

babbsnads likes this.
  14. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Sadly that's all true pal. I just hate to see disingenuous shite being tagged on to this because when the aim of the campaign is achieved,we all want to go back to trying to be as successful as possible and any unnecessary collateral damage makes it harder. That press release from West Ham about their ticket prices being circulated by our supporters made my blood boil.Anybody using them as an example to be following needs to give their head a serious wobble.

15. Murph

Murph
    Expand Collapse

Why don't you give the protesters a fuckin break, it's okay for all you lot to travel over and half your ticket money is saved by ale and food prices, I know Irish lads who came over and joined the protest, all it seems to me on here is you want success whatever the cost, Me I want a fair deal.

16. STEVE1978

STEVE1978
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

The impression im gettin from u Murph is, ud rather none from here went over.
    Lighten up mate. We all want same thing here.

Beanokelly, Colm75 and babbsnads like this.
  17. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Jaysus I'm obviously frequenting the wrong boozers in Liverpool, £3.50 for a Guinness when I was over for the arsenal game a few weeks ago.:eek:

18. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Who is giving out about protesters from the weekend in this thread are on this site? Can't think how you have picked it up that way to be honest.

#1498 GaryMc, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    STEVE1978 likes this.
  19. stamullenredmen

stamullenredmen
    Expand Collapse

Made worse by the Euro being so weak against the Sterling lately!

Fair play to those involved great result today.

STEVE1978 likes this.
  20. LKDAVE

LKDAVE
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Wow - from Jay McKennas twitter account

@jaymckenna87 This is actually nuts! A lad from Ireland who has never met me has actually made these about me for people to buy!

#1500 LKDAVE, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    GaryMc likes this.