This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Serie A

Discussion in 'Football Chat' started by Dub13, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Dubfan

Dubfan
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Very good win for Juve. Cuadrado and Di Maria had excellent games. Vlahovic played well considering he is playing injured. Bremer excellent at the back. First 11 look strong but there is nothing on the bench and with Di Maria getting injured along with Pogba could be a reason for another trophy less season.

2. Terry

Terry
    Expand Collapse
    LFC till the day I die and beyond!

Great win for the Rossoneri last night, excellent game too!

Ron1892 likes this.
  3. Dubfan

Dubfan
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Juventus robbed of a win tonight by VAR. Milik goal in 90+ disallowed for Bonucci being in an offside position but not interfering with the goal. Even if you feel he was offside, then you have to give a penalty for the jersey nearly being pulled over his head which you can also clearly see if VAR.

4. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Salernitana had a great first half. I knew the minute Juve scored early in the second half it was game over and they nearly scored a few seconds later.

Inter were lucky against Torino on Saturday night . Torino are a horrible team to play against as they are hard to break down.

There was some amount of reds cards this weekend. 8 red cards between mangers and players and there is still another game tonight .

5. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

does the fact that he's offside not cancel out the shirt pull?
    a few weeks ago richarlison scored and got a yellow card for taking his shirt off but then the goal was ruled out by var for offside so the yellow card was cancelled.

6. Dubfan

Dubfan
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Shirt pulling started before he was offside and may even have helped him be off.
    Well Milik may have his red, second yellow for taking his shirt off so.

7. Dubfan

Dubfan
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Looking forward to Milan v Juventus this evening. Juve mimicking Liverpool with the start to the season. Plenty of injuries and your new star player getting a red card. Performance has been poor under Allegri and his strict regimented style.
    This game will give a good indication of the issues that need to be addressed or it may kick start the season properly for Juventus.

8. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Super from Milan tonight . Juventus look in trouble . Big performance from Tomori having not had a great game during the week.

9. Dubfan

Dubfan
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Deserved win by Milan. Juventus good in patches but not enough energy or invention. Allegri not getting the best out of the team in his second spell. Leao looks the real deal.

10. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Going over to see Milan v Atlanta next weekend. Also taking in a Como 1907 game. Have tickets for both games. €28 for two tickets . That’s absolute steal and both bought from their official sites this week.

The San Siro has always been a dream of mine to get there so I can’t wait for it .

If anyone has been to Milan, any tips or suggestions on places to drink eat , avoid etc .

11. Dubfan

Dubfan
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Go to the Domo square and do the rooftop tour of the Domo if you have time. Avoid eating or drinking there. Temple bar prices.
    Go to the canal area for a walk and food, really good value as food is excellent. Sforza place also worth a visit. Milan is an industrial city so not pretty like Turin or Bologna so expect a pretty grey place outside the Domo, canals etc. Shangri LA near the Ibis hotel is a great Chinese, Pog Mo Thoin if still there is a decent Irish bar. Lollapalooza and Hollywood's are good crack agaiif still there. Public transport is excellent.

Ron1892 likes this.
  12. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Cheers Pal . Greatly appreciated. We are standing near the San Siro so that’s handy but flying into Bergamo which is about a hour and a bit away from the hotel which is a bit of a pain .

Is Milan expensive drink and food wise or is it like Ireland ?

13. Dubfan

Dubfan
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Similar to Galway or Cork, I found it cheaper than Ireland as long as you didn't go eating in places like Domo square. Plenty of places along Buenes Aires that you can get slices of pizzas etc. from a window with a beer and sit at a bistro table to eat. On game day there are usually loads of vans around the ground selling food and beer. It has been about 4 years since I was there though so could have changed a bit after COVID.

Ron1892 likes this.
  14. paddy cork

paddy cork
    Expand Collapse

Also headed to the San siro third tier central 14 euro game 4 of 4 planned for the weekend maybe see you

Ron1892 likes this.
  15. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Yeah we will be up around the ground earlier enough to soak it all in.

We are heading to see Como play on Saturday in Serie B.

16. Dubfan

Dubfan
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Very enjoyable Derby d'Italia. Juventus better team over all, even if their winning goal came against the run of play and had a bit of controversy. Unsavoury scenes at the end of the game. Locatelli is some player.

17. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Lazio v Roma was very tasty too. Could have been more than one red card there. That Mancini bloke is lucky .

Delighted Sampdoria finally got a win. Would love to see them stay up but It’s a massive ask.

18. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

2003 - Fikayo Tomori is the first Englishman to appear in a Champions League semi-final for a non-English club since Steve McManaman in May 2003 for Real Madrid. Expatriate.

dk.lfc likes this.
  19. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

The Milan team got a right talking to at the weekend from the Ultras. They were called over at the end of the game , and it was told to them that their performance was shocking , and they expect a better performance on Tuesday. The Ultras in Italy don’t fuck around .

20. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Luciano Spalletti confirms he’s set to leave Napoli: “Sometimes, you part ways due to too much love. I will not stay, I’m leaving. NO way to change my mind”.

“I told the club that I need an year off few weeks ago. I will NOT work at any other club. I’ll rest for one year”.