This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Roy Hodgson

Discussion in 'General LFC Discussion' started by LFC Barry, Jun 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maverick

Maverick
    Expand Collapse

I'm sorry I'm with elvis on this.Roy never earned any respect for it to be given IMO.If his 6 month tenure with us is his "best" then god help whoever gets him next.Glad hes gone,simple as that.No bad feelings or no good feelings towards him,just nothing.

2. kingofthekop

kingofthekop
    Expand Collapse

If u were offered the job in the morning ud take it too.what I'm sayin is that he can't be held responsible for that. He had a go, it didn't work and he's gone now. Yes it was a disaster and I'll agree that there were more negatives than positives but he gave it a go. Fair play to him for that. (and the fact he walked away without too much fuss)

Good luck for the future to him.

3. The beard

The beard
    Expand Collapse

Roy was taken on as a yes man for the dubious duo, He was filled full of false confidence from his manager of the year award. He genuinely thought he was up to the task and did his best. Even though my ten year old son could see the error of his tactics , he was in fact doing his best and deserves respect as he is ( altough a little bit loopy) still a gentleman.
    Some people , fans, ex-players ,current managers of other clubs and of course those ass-holes (SSN and other Murdoch backed media) will say he hasn't been given enough time. I seem to remember it been stated, when he was taken on , if the change of ownership took place , his reign might not last a month, it lasted six and we have made no head way. I wont say we went backwards because I remember the last few games under Rafa and we were as equally sh1te.
    I am not sorry he's gone but if I met the man in the street tomorrow I would shake his hand and say "Thanks you did your best at a difficult time in my clubs life ".
    Roy wasn't and isn't a bad man , just the wrong man for our club.
    Y.N.W.A , Cmon The KING.

4. 7Cannibal-9Asbo

7Cannibal-9Asbo
    Expand Collapse

Good post, echoes my sentiments exactly, he came in during one of the most difficult periods in our history from a footballing side and tried to do his best.

5. stevieg05

stevieg05
    Expand Collapse

I feel really sorry for Roy. He is an easy target. The players have got away with murder over the last year and a half. Roy tried his best, the players didn't imo, same as when they lost faith in Rafa last season. U can't always blame the manager. Best of luck Kenny, ul need it by the looks of things.

6. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Going to watch Sunday Supplement, going to be hilarious to hear what they think of Roy's departure.

Hodgson for England

7. Beanokelly

Beanokelly
    Expand Collapse

Cheers Gary I was forget it was on

8. murda197

murda197
    Expand Collapse

Any news on what its going to cost us for him being sacked? The club said mutual consent but thats media play. If it actually was mutual consent the package must have been significant enought. Contracts in the club really need to all become performance based weve wasted a lot of money down the years as a result of poorly structured contracts

9. eoinlfc101

eoinlfc101
    Expand Collapse

7.5 milliion

10. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Where did go get that figure from? Seems way too steep, only had 2 year contract to begin with.

Club must learn from this, any new manager should have a clause in their contract stating they can be dismissed with 4 weeks notice if we fall below X position in the league after X amount of games. No way failure should be rewarded again. If they don't think that's fair then maybe their ambition is not matching ours.

11. padski08

padski08
    Expand Collapse
    YNWA

Was it not a 3 year contract?

Still very steep amount if true

12. eoinlfc101

eoinlfc101
    Expand Collapse

iit was a 3 year contract and they paid it out in full

13. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Seen 3 years mentioned quite a bit recently but in the summer it was defintley supposed to be a 2 year deal.

14. miked

miked
    Expand Collapse

Seems a hell of a lot of money alrite, as said must habe some performance indicatives inserted in any new contracts to be drawn up.

15. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Was always 3 years ..

remember the thoughts were England would want him and we would get compensation bring in our real target and Roy would more or less then cost nothing , think it was said the club insisted on 3 years for this reason { so they say .. you know they }

#5335 ROCCO, Jan 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  16. eoinlfc101

eoinlfc101
    Expand Collapse

and they paid his entire contract

17. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Yes... £7.5m

Just seen the same figure posted above ..

Must have cost the club around £10m to have Roy in charge for a few months ... {Purslow strikes again }

18. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Glad I didn't wish him all the best in this thread. Pity the next set of fans that have this cnut inflicted on them.

Between sacking Rafa, paying Fulham, buying Konchesky and Poulsen and then paying off this prick, Christian Purslow must have literally wasted the cuts of 30m:eek:.

19. Shay

Shay
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Where did you hear that? I havent seen it reported:confused:. What a stupid contract to enter into without having a get out clause imo

20. Shay

Shay
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Shocking when it's put like that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.