This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Roberto Firmino

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by IanoM7, Jun 24, 2015.

1. IanoM7

IanoM7
    Expand Collapse

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/187533-liverpool-complete-firmino-signing

Liverpool Football Club are delighted to announce the signing of Roberto Firmino from Hoffenheim, subject to a medical which will take place immediately following the player's participation in Copa America 2015 for Brazil.

The 23-year-old has agreed a long-term contract with the club.

Firmino will arrive at Anfield following four-and-a-half seasons in the Bundesliga with Hoffenheim.

The forward made 151 appearances in league and cup for the German club, netting 47 goals, after joining them from Figueirense in December 2010.

To date, Firmino has nine caps and four goals for Brazil - including what proved to be the winner in his country's 2-1 victory over Venezuela in the Copa America on Sunday.

2. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Great name.

3. trucker

trucker
    Expand Collapse

Honestly never watched a full game with this lad, but YouTube and Twitter ITKs have convinced me he's better than Zico.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. IanoM7

IanoM7
    Expand Collapse

Scout report from Anfiield HQ

With the 2015 Copa America heading towards the knockout stage, the competitiveness in Group C has been nothing short of excellent. With the final slate of matches being played today, all eyes are on Brazil vs. Venezuela and Peru vs. Columbia.

For Liverpool supporters, the Brazil match is an intriguing one with Philippe Coutinho set to make another start for his nation. However, the focus in this match might be drawn away from the Little Magician and transferred towards midfielder Roberto Firmino.

Firmino, who is valued around 30mil euros, has been linked with a move away from Bundesliga club Hoffenheim with LFC and other PL clubs monitoring the situation closely. Although original reports stated interest from Manchester United, the club has come out and seemingly squashed those rumors.

The young Brazilian has developed quite the reputation in the Bundesliga and for good reasons. Over the past two seasons, the Hoffenheim man has scored 32 goals while accumulating 28 assists. Yes, he did struggle putting the ball in the back of the net in 2014-15, however he still netted 10 goals which is just three shy of LFC team leader Steven Gerrard.

Regarding his creativity, Firmino generated nearly 70 chances for his side in 2014-15, amassing 12 assists. Comparatively speaking, Jordan Henderson led the way at LFC this season with 10 assists. His vision, ball control, flair, and pace would fit the Liverpool attack nicely and would be considered an upgrade to other current options. Offensively, I do believe Markovic could fill the hole Raheem Sterling will leave, however adding a player such as Firmino is too salivating to ignore.

One last, important quality that I would like to highlight is Firmino’s work rate. This attribute is highly sought after by LFC supporters along with Brendan Rodgers and the rest of the clubs’ hierarchy (see Milner & Ings signings so far). In the Bundesliga, this is what separated Firmino from his competition at times. Combining his fantastic, raw abilities with his “chip-on-the-shoulder” attitude, Firmino could very well turn into a defensive nightmare for Premier League opposition.

Some people seem to be questioning the need for Firmino, or an attacking midfielder in general. Of course, LFC have an immediate need for a top quality striker and RB. That is no secret. The Reds also have several options in their midfield, so I understand the hesitancy, however my theory on this is quite simple. If you have the opportunity to drastically improve your squad and insert a super-star caliber player, you should do it. Liverpool’s attack was consistently stagnant this past campaign and lacked a sense of quality and creativity (outside of Coutinho). Getting back into the top four and CL football is the goal for next season and signing Roberto Firmino would be a giant step forward in achieving that goal.

5. Andrew

Andrew
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to Firmino! I know nothing of you but Trucker ain't complaining so my expectations/hopes are high :cool:

6. PaddyW

PaddyW
    Expand Collapse

Confirmed.. Get in you beauty!

7. PaddyW

PaddyW
    Expand Collapse

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/187533-liverpool-complete-firmino-signing

Liverpool Football Club are delighted to announce the signing of Roberto Firmino from Hoffenheim, subject to a medical which will take place immediately following the player's participation in Copa America 2015 for Brazil.

The 23-year-old has agreed a long-term contract with the club.

Firmino will arrive at Anfield following four-and-a-half seasons in the Bundesliga with Hoffenheim.

The forward made 151 appearances in league and cup for the German club, netting 47 goals, after joining them from Figueirense in December 2010.

To date, Firmino has nine caps and four goals for Brazil - including what proved to be the winner in his country's 2-1 victory over Venezuela in the Copa America on Sunday.

8. megager

megager
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Good see us get a target. Like others I dont know him. Those that watch German football-is he good? I think it signals Sterling deal must be close.

We still need a striker and a full back.

9. dubit10

dubit10
    Expand Collapse

Good signing. Now get a top drawer striker in.

10. flies

flies
    Expand Collapse

Good signing I watched a few german games last yrs not too in not too much depth mind you but this lad stood out ,would fit into our system quiet easily imo. He a bit cheeky him and Coutinho will be good together. What makes this signing even sweeter is the mancs at work were blowing about him when they were linked with no all of sudden he's crap according to the same lads, looks like we've stolen a March here, hopefully he hits the ground running.

11. PaddyW

PaddyW
    Expand Collapse

I saw stuff on Facebook where the Mancs had posts like 'Welcome to MUFC, Firmino'. Great to give them a kick in the b*llocks!

12. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Good to see LFC getting a sought after player early. Hopefully he has a cracking few games in the Copa as his value could soar, in particular with Neymar out, it's up to Countinho and this lad to provide the magic.

13. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

very interesting signing , just hope he fits the Premier league

Exciting signing

Ian Ayer was out in chile since Friday geting it done .

14. graham

graham
    Expand Collapse

If you put his name into youtube it's all welcome to Manchester videos

15. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse

Like most I haven't much personal experience of watching him but all I have read and seen of him gives me positive vibes, something I didn't get once from a signing last summer so this is definitely progress!

16. sobu74

sobu74
    Expand Collapse

In 2014/15, Sterling made 35 Premier League appearances, while Firmino played in 33 Bundesliga games.

Both scored seven goals, but Firmino made three more assists than his English counterpart, with 10 overall.

He is a more consistent threat on goal, with just 30.7 minutes per shot on average, compared to Sterling’s 36.3 minutes—although this does suggest his conversion rate is lower.

Firmino is also a more prolific dribbler, making a dribble every 21 minutes on average.

Sterling beat his opponent every 29.6 minutes.

Crucially, given Liverpool’s defend-from-the-front style, Firmino’s rate of just 33.2 minutes per tackle, compared to Sterling’s 82.5 minutes, shows that he will fit in well under Brendan Rodgers.
    The only area covered by WhoScored in which Sterling triumphs over Firmino is in terms of chances created.

Sterling made a key pass every 40.7 minutes compared to Firmino rate of one every 42.9 minutes.

But the difference is fairly slim, and with the Brazilian comparing well to the masterfully creative Kevin de Bruyne of VfL Wolfsburg last season, he is far from poor in this respect:

Roberto Firmino: Only Kevin De Bruyne (74) played more key passes from open play in the Bundesliga last season than Firmino (69)

— WhoScored.com (@WhoScored) June 23, 2015

If Sterling is to leave Liverpool this summer, Firmino will be a fine replacement.

If he stays, however, the pair could link up with the likes of Philippe Coutinho, Jordon Ibe, Lazar Markovic, Emre Can and Daniel Sturridge and restore Liverpool’s attacking potency once more.

17. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

I think I've seen him play about 300-400 minutes of football in total and he's always looked decent the lad can definitely play, and he's top dollar on Football Manager and Fifa if that helps. Based on what I know from watching him, I'd start Pip ahead of him, but Firmino has talent.

18. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Having never even heard his name until yesterday and then spending about 20 minutes on youtube I think it's safe to say that this guy is going to be perfect for us. Seems to hunt down defenders high up the pitch and has only one thing on his mind once he has the ball. Seen a few cheeky finishes in the mix and a couple of delightful megs and dummys too!

Score 30 goals a season for us for 4 years and we guarantee you that you'll get your dream move. :)

19. idman81

idman81
    Expand Collapse

Never judge a player from Youtube

20. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse

Saw a stat on Facebook that he's been involved in 45 of the last 66 goals his team have scored.ive never saw him play before. Never even heard of him to be honest. Hopefully he doesn't take long to settle and hits the ground running .