This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Rhian Brewster

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Ron1892, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

redabbey likes this.
  2. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

3. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Liverpool's Rhian Brewster has broken bone in his foot. Unclear how long out as yet.

Paul Joyce

4. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

Only read this thread now. Bit of a rollercoaster

5. Dzer2

Dzer2
    Expand Collapse

Cracker of goal in world cup final looks a real talent

6. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

BREAKING: Liverpool will make an official complaint to UEFA after Rhian Brewster was allegedly racially abused by a Spartak Moscow player today, writes James Pearce

Liverpool will make an official complaint to UEFA after Rhian Brewster was allegedly racially abused by a Spartak Moscow player during Wednesday's UEFA Youth League clash between the clubs.

The incensed England Under-17s striker had to be dragged away by Reds team-mates and staff following the final whistle at Prenton Park.

Brewster informed referee Mohammed Al-Hakim what he was called by a Spartak defender during the closing stages of the match and those details were passed on to the fourth official.

Asked about the incident following his side's 2-0 victory, Liverpool boss Steven Gerrard said: "It's difficult for me to comment on it right now. It's something that the club will look into and deal with.

"I'd rather talk about Rhian Brewster's performance. I don't want to take any gloss off that because he was superb. The only thing that was missing from his performance was a goal. He held the ball up so well and put in a shift for us."

It's the second time this season that a Liverpool youth team player has suffered racist abuse at the hands of Spartak.

In Moscow back in September, Nigeria-born attacker Bobby Adekanye was subjected to sickening chants and gestures from Spartak supporters.

UEFA charged Spartak but the punishment was pitiful. They had to partially close their Academy stadium for their next UEFA Youth League fixture by leaving 500 seats empty.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...t-uefa-14002548.amp?__twitter_impression=true

7. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Liverpool's Rhian Brewster is restrained by team-mates after speaking with referee Mohammed Al-Hakim during the UEFA Youth League Group E match between Liverpool FC and FC Spartak Moscow at Prenton Park. (Pic by David Rawcliffe/Propaganda)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

9. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I admire Brewster so much for taking this stand 100% and for not being afraid of tackling UEFA on it either. As Colin Kaepernick has found in the States making a stand against a status quo can marginalise you very quickly but if everyone just burries their heads on an issue then nothing changes.

I hope the club stand firmly behind this young guy and protect him in everyway they can. As he's correctly saying it's one thing to stand behind a banner and pretend to be tackling racism but it appears it's just something they are doing for appearances sakes.

10. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Excellent interview and whoever suggested going with 'The Guardian' was spot on as I am not sure any other newspaper in England would have quoted Rhian directly in relation to the abuse he received.

Will the interview make any odds with any disciplinary action from UEFA. No, would be my opinion. This is the page in relation to UEFA decisions, was looking at it last week to see if there was anything on it involving the stewarding of the Sevilla v Liverpool Champions League match. http://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/disciplinary/index.html

The player mentioned that he has never experienced racism in England and that is a good thing however the same country does not have any openly gay young players playing in professional football that I am aware of and if there were would they be abused for their sexual identity?

Only once at Anfield have I ever experienced racism and that was almost nine years ago where an opposition player was been abused. I let it go the first time I heard it, second time I told the guy directly behind me that if he repeated what he said one more time I would go straight to a steward and report him. Would I react different now? I would like to think I would and go straight to a steward.

On a completely different note and for those that have not seen it previously, Rhian's last goal for the club was a fabulous goal with sublime technique, he has scored many great goals this season.

What a talent to have on Liverpool's books.

11. NoName7

NoName7
    Expand Collapse

12. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

NoName7 likes this.
  13. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Sorry to read that, never good to see a player get a serious injury.

14. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Knew the injury was serious the minute it occurred. Such a shame he was having a fabulous season.

15. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

16. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

17. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Rhian Brewster
    ‏Verified account @RhianBrewster9
    May 11

Congrats to Mo on his Footballers Writers Association award last night, not a bad season from him. ‍♂️ Would also like to thank the boss for his support and guidance, it means a lot

Front what I’ve seen of him , I think he would struggle playing for our first team now
    If he thinks he can progress quicker by moving then best of luck to him.

babbsnads likes this.
  18. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

If he thinks he's good enough to get regular first team football somewhere else,then imo he should move.Playing regularly at 18/19 gives a player a far better chance of reaching his potential and you only have to look at how tough it's been this season for Solanke.Liverpool supporters don't have the patience to give Brewster the environment he needs,we've given up on Solanke and every time TAA has a bad game we're calling for him to be left out of the next one.It seemed like Joe Gomez got a really hard time in the ground v Stoke and I remember Raheem Sterling taking a ridiculous level of stick in the ground early in the 13/14 season.I'd love Brewster to stay and see if he could do what Sterling did and what Trent is doing,but its tougher for a striker,especially with the talent we have(even Mane has had a fair bit of criticism this season and I'd be surprised if there's 10 players in the league with a better goals/assists total).If I was him I'd leave.

19. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

If he doesn't see a pathway to become a first team player at Liverpool then who would blame him for moving on.
    Woodburn signed shortly after his 18th birthday, this lad hasn't, I'd say he's off and good luck to him, owes us nothing.

20. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

It’s just a pity from the clubs point of view we can’t get him on a contract and loan him out to the likes of Leipzig and let him develop with them and then re look at the situation further down the line.
    There’s a couple of his team mates from England playing in Germany getting game time and probably be thinks it’s his best option, maybe it is but it could be to early .

The likes of Wilson and Woodburn are ahead of him in their development and they both might not get first team football with us next season and he could be looking at there situations .

He moved from Chelsea to develop so we shouldn’t be surprised he’s on the move again to develop, honestly it’s something I admire from his point of view .
    But not sure if he is ready now .