This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Republic of Ireland Team Talk/News/Rumours

Discussion in 'International Football' started by Dub13, Jul 11, 2015.

1. dogrady26

dogrady26
    Expand Collapse

I'd nearly settle for the inconvenience just to 'get one over' on Ryanair :)

2. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

There's a really serious situation that could play out in the aviation industry that might end up leaving people with little or no choice as to who they will fly with in the future. Most airlines survive today on the cash down on flights for months into the future, some airlines are down 70% on their usual forward bookings and without cash from somehwere else (a Government) you're going to see a lot of airlines going to the wall very quickly (in as little as a few weeks). Ryanair are one of the only airlines that would have significant cash reserves to see out a massive systemic shock like the industry is already involved in, there could be massive consolidation in this market before the summer or if not multiple airlines will cease to exist.

Garrett likes this.
  3. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Did you also get refunded?

4. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

Mc clean fined for an Instagram post. I just seen it myself. Fella can't help himself

5. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

It was pretty funny but over and over the chap has shown having social media accounts is just a bad idea for him.As I said,it was funny but not two weeks wages funny.

6. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

I'd say he realises now he shouldn't have put it up. I think it's due a substantial fine. He'll probably do something similar in another few months though.

7. red2005

red2005
    Expand Collapse

Stephen Kenny appointed manager with immediate effect

8. robbie st leger

robbie st leger
    Expand Collapse

Is that really a pointless decision at the moment with no matches coming up anytime soon?

9. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Think that’s the point though. Contract for a Kenny starts 1st August, no games between now and then. This ends speculation over Mick being in charge for Slovakia match that Is now pencilled for September

10. Joedared

Joedared
    Expand Collapse

So who takes care of u21s now?
    Who are doing very well in their group.

11. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

Jim Crawford.

12. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Probably won't have any real impact on him financially, little more than you or I putting €20 in the swear box.

Also thought it was funny btw...

13. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Regarding the news about McCarthy and Kenny, I think I would have let McCarthy play out the end of the current campaign...just seems the right thing to have done.

Best of luck to McCarthy, he's not the greatest talent out there, but he's hard working and well intended, was proud to take on the job when others would quite possibly have turned their nose up at the chance to manage our current national team and that we appreciated, even if nothing else.

14. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

It's a funny situation he finds himself in, absolutely hammered in the stands week in week out, probably suffers the most abuse of any player in the league with virtually no real media interest in it most of the time like discrimination against a black or Muslim player would garner but one fairly innocuous tweet and he's torn apart publicly by his club and fined for it. Putting yourself on a high moral ground has always been dangerous because the second you do it you're seconds away from being held to a significantly higher standard than the ones who torment you and will suffer so much more when any inevitable slip eventually comes.

I like James and he's likely torturing himself for this poor judgement mainly because he's now "as bad as them" in a lot of people's eyes.

15. diceyreilly

diceyreilly
    Expand Collapse

Great servant to Ireland as a player and a manager ( first time round) but I’m glad he’s gone. The qualifers was so bad. And it’s not like we earned a play off spot of the back of it. We were getting one anyway. The not going for it against Georgia was baffling.
    Hopefully Kenny can have the same impact as O ‘ Neill did up north.