This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Reds in reserve

Discussion in 'General LFC Discussion' started by campo, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Axel96

Axel96
    Expand Collapse

Is that on LFC TV later?

2. CHARMAC

CHARMAC
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Morgan keeps title hopes alive
    12th Apr 2011 - Latest News
    http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/morgan-keeps-title-hopes-alive
    Adam Morgan scored as Liverpool Reserves kept their title chances alive with a 1-0 win over Bolton at the Academy on Tuesday afternoon.

The 16-year-old fired his 17th goal in 12 games to close the gap on leaders Blackburn to four points.

The Reds have two games remaining in their section of the Barclays Premier Reserve League North - while Rovers have completed all their fixtures.

The winners of each section nationwide will then fight for the overall title of champions.

Injuries and international call-ups meant Pep Segura named three reserve debutants as he sought his first win since taking the reins: Tyrell Belford, Krisztian Adorjan and Morgan.

The latter went into the game having scored in 11 consecutive U18s matches and displayed all his self-belief with a snapshot on target after five minutes.

Bolton responded and Andre Wisdom did well with a timely clearance as Michael O'Halloran prowled.

A superb corner delivered by Steven Irwin then caused problems at the other end, with Alex McQuade almost heading into his own net.

Liverpool should have taken the lead on 28 minutes when Suso found Adorjan in the box. The Hungarian returned the favour with an intelligent ball into Suso's run, but the Spanish prodigy was denied by a decent stop from Jay Lynch.

Belford wasn't being given much to do in the other goal but a fingertip save was required after a cross-cum-shot from Adam Blakeman.

Some sweet football produced another chance for Morgan as half-time loomed but his connection with Irwin's cross proved wayward.

Not to worry. The goal arrived on 41 minutes when Toni Silva left two Bolton defenders on their backsides before cutting back to leave Morgan with an easy sidefoot into the net.

There was bad news for Segura in what was turning out to be a tepid second half when Adorjan departed the field holding his thigh, giving Craig Roddan the opportunity to impress.

The half was 20 minutes old before either side managed a shot of note, Silva dancing into enough space to drill low towards Lynch - but the 'keeper didn't break sweat.

The excellent Michael Roberts displayed great technique with a 20-yard smack which shook the crossbar.

Segura was forced into another change on 74 minutes when Wisdom hobbled from the turf to be replaced by Stephen Sama.

It didn't knock Liverpool off balance, though, and it could have been 2-0 when a low ball was delivered into the box and landed at the feet of Matty Regan, who unfortunately applied a centre-back's finish.

Suso exhibited his technical ability to create an excellent opportunity for Morgan but the in-form striker was thwarted by a flailing leg from the goalkeeper.

Topi Obadeyi attempted to secure an equaliser in injury-time but Belford was once again aware.

3. aquaman

aquaman
    Expand Collapse

that is some serious goal scoring ratio.without sounding pre mature similar to michael owen when he played at that level

4. F@ces

F@ces
    Expand Collapse
    Part of the dance

I think it was live today on LFC TV (I'm in work), but usually they show highlights in the evening mate.

5. Axel96

Axel96
    Expand Collapse

Cheers mate..your answering all my questions today!!

6. Juan

Juan
    Expand Collapse

Kick off in an hour..are they usually any links for these games about?

7. Sim Sala Bim

Sim Sala Bim
    Expand Collapse

Chamberlain; Mendy, Wisdom, Wilson, Irwin; Suso, Poulson, Shelvey, Ince; Cole, Ngog.

3 senior players out the door in the summer here

8. Juan

Juan
    Expand Collapse

9. aquaman

aquaman
    Expand Collapse

i have been watching for a minute and shelvey tries a hollywood.he is murder for them.i havent seen much from him to excite me yet in a red shirt.i think he will come goood though

10. Juan

Juan
    Expand Collapse

11. smiley1987

smiley1987
    Expand Collapse

12. Juan

Juan
    Expand Collapse

Missed it.. as the stream went down:(

13. smiley1987

smiley1987
    Expand Collapse

Not too long till half time so you'll get to see it in a few minutes ;);)

14. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Can't understand why you would make a comment after only a minute watching. If you had bothered watching the entire coverage you would see that Jonjo is the outstanding player on the piutch and I am not saying that because he is the Liverpool goalscorer.

15. aquaman

aquaman
    Expand Collapse

i made the comment because he does try a lot of hollywood balls and i turned it on and he did one straight away.the comment i made about not being sure about him was based on what i have seen all season.

16. Sim Sala Bim

Sim Sala Bim
    Expand Collapse

Shelvey will be coached right at our club, I said it before about him , I love the confidence he has that he tries the unexpected all the time.
    He did it again against newcastle the weekend.
    He'll be some player in 2 or 3 seasons.

17. Juan

Juan
    Expand Collapse

What was the final score..please?

18. Dubred

Dubred
    Expand Collapse

2-2

19. General

General
    Expand Collapse

Shelvey motm. Joe Cole looked very ordinary even in a reserve game. Ngog came off at half time. Wilson also played well.

20. Juan

Juan
    Expand Collapse

Seen the first 20mins and thought poulsen shouldve gave his jersey to one of the ballboys...did he make any impression against those manchester kids as the game went on.. or is that a silly question?