This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

PSG v Liverpool Wednesday 8pm

Discussion in 'Match Day (Closed)' started by ROCCO, Nov 26, 2018.

1. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

42D02F49-69A5-4337-A6CF-6AFECB0CCA18.jpeg

Hoping for at least a draw

—————-Alisson

Gomez—-Van—-Lovern—-Robertson

——Henderson—-Wijnaldum—Milner

—Mane ——Salah —-Firmino

Liverpool will wear their home kit for Wednesday's Champions League encounter with Paris Saint-Germain in France.

The home side have elected to sport their all-white away strip.

It means Jürgen Klopp’s side will be in all-red at the Parc des Princes.

In the first meeting between the teams in September, the Reds won 3-2.

2. scousedub

scousedub
    Expand Collapse

Anyone from Tralee on here? I'm working down there Wednesday so looking for a decent pub to watch it in.

3. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

4. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

Any word on Neymar and Mbappe?

5. mark buckley

mark buckley
    Expand Collapse

They’ll be starting 100%

Skintown Red likes this.
  6. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

Back in Ireland for a few weeks so getting to go to the pub to watch this...probably one of the things I miss the most about not living here anymore.

Rocco’s team looks good to me

7. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

I’m reading Mbappe ok and Neymar 50/50 at best

8. Mico

Mico
    Expand Collapse

I'd much rather if it was the other way around

robbie st leger likes this.
  9. sully&Red

sully&Red
    Expand Collapse

I'm in Odense, Denmark for this. Does anyone know of any good places to watch it?

The Hurrikane likes this.
  10. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

sully&Red likes this.
  11. Dave3

Dave3
    Expand Collapse

ROCCO likes this.
  12. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Lemsip your only man

liverpool4life and Dave3 like this.
  13. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Napoli unbeaten yet we're still top after 2 losses, mad group, impossible to call last 2 games, 2 wins will do just fine

14. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Win Wednesday would be perfect

Just hope we don’t have to beat Naploi by 2 even though we could do it at home making another memorable night

15. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

Is that the criteria in CL Rocco? Head to head before goal difference?

16. robbie st leger

robbie st leger
    Expand Collapse

Always goes head to head first

17. BallyfermotReds

BallyfermotReds
    Expand Collapse

Would be nice to win tomorrow putting us through and knocking these out in the process. The fact these must win should suit us.

Expecting a crazy game 1-3 us

18. EireOg191

EireOg191
    Expand Collapse

Must win for PSG should leave space for us on the break..Keep it tight first half hour and frustrate them leaving space for front 3 to do the damage as game goes on. Hopefully we are clinical with our chances! Looking forward to it!

19. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

If we win v PSG we’re through
    If we draw v PSG we need to beat Naploi
    If we lose v PSG we need to beat Naploi by 2

Based on Naploi winning tonight

20. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Press conference

Gomez: "We know they are top players, their strike force is something they are known worldwide for. But we have fundamentals we stick to, we prepare for different formations, setups, but our general philosophy defending remains the same." #LFC

Gomez: "We expect PSG to play their strongest team. Regardless of who's playing, we have to be ready for that.

"Me and Virgil get along well, but it's not just down to us as a pair, it's the whole team. We have support all the way round. Our strikers defend from front." #

Gomez: "We know they are top players, their strike force is something they are known worldwide for. But we have fundamentals we stick to, we prepare for different formations, setups, but our general philosophy defending remains the same."

Gomez: "We weren't at our best in Naples/Belgrade. We knew we could have done better. It's not down to location. We have to be at our best to beat PSG, to be ready for a tough game

Klopp: "I am pleased for them (Neymar and Mbappe) they are not seriously injured. We always expected them to play. Sadio was on the plane. I then got off the plane and spent an hour and a half to get to this press conference."

We will see which midfield, which system we use. We could line up in a few different ways."

We want to win games. It's quite a while that we won the last [CL] game actually. We are here tomorrow night to win, with all we have. We want to be as good as possible, just for us and our supporters. It's a tough one, eh, to come to Paris and win? But we should try!"

Two very ambitious teams will face each other in an interesting situation in the group. It's exciting. The more difficult it is, the more I enjoy the preparation."

PSG are so dominant in the league, we have to make sure they are not that dominant here. The boys are 100 per cent focused, and hopefully we can see that tomorrow night.

The players know more about these players' individual strengths than I do. But they can only shine if they get the ball. We can close spaces, we have to work. If you are not compact, you have no chance. And you have to be brave by yourself, like we were in the first game"

t's actually more difficult to prepare when my players don't know the opponents. They will have watched 500,000 YouTube videos of Mbappe.

Klopp says Lallana back in training on Thursday. Solanke has minor groin problem. Origi ill

"Paris know that we are not easy to play. We have to be at our best, but if we are then we are not nice to play against. That's what we have to be, really ugly to play against."

I am not in the position to give advice to other teams. Maybe you can ask me for advice on how to win finals....that would be funny as well, eh?

What do I expect? I think PSG are a team that will go for a win. They are of a very high level. Tuchel is a very creative manager, who always works on solutions. That means we have to be prepared for different scenarios."

"Nobody expects us to be the 500% better football team tomorrow. Little mistakes can be decisive. I'm not worried. My team were always psychologically ready. They weren't at their best in Belgrade, then I can easily accept that. I don't have to point finger constantly."

Naby Keita is an outstanding player. I don't read the English press but this week I caught the headline and I didn't say it like this. Naby was not 'average', his start was brilliant and he will be a massive player in the future for LFC

#20 ROCCO, Nov 28, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2018