This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Presents You Never Got / Worst Present

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Gerry, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Gerry

Gerry
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I know its the thought that counts and all that but
    The year Santy didn't bring me the Mr Frosty that I had asked for

Was a very hard time in life for a young kid

As an adult looking back Santy done me favour

In adult life the worst present I ever got was a gareth gates CD :-(

I had to do a pretend happy face

What's the worst / most bizarre gift you ever got ?

#1 Gerry, Sep 12, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    Stevie S likes this.
  2. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse

Christ Gerry, who gave you that?

diceyreilly likes this.
  3. Gerry

Gerry
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

One of my god daughters

So I had to be happy:)

It was her ma that picked it the pox

4. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Got skinny Jeans from herself for Christmas. I was 32 and on the thin side and all so not a good match

5. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

My aunty bought me a calendar with mountains on it from around the world when I was in my 20’s. Strange present as I’ve no interest in that. Strangest present I’ve ever got.

6. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Snap. Wife got me a pair of expensive ones when they were all the rage. She bought them in the States so couldn’t leave them back. Never worn once!!! Think she gave them to her cousin in the end

LFCRebel likes this.
  7. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

I went to see Santa in Nutgrove shopping centre one year and he gave me a vanity set.... girls hairbrush, comb, hand mirror etc.
    Not sure if he put his hand in the wrong box or he thought I was a girl.
    Prick.

8. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse

With a big family we arrange amongst the adults for everyone to buy for a particular family member to cut down on the amount of presents everyone has to buy. One year, my mother was supposed to buy for me but with all the Christmas preparation she managed to forget to buy me anything, which she only realized as the presents were being exchanged. Bit disappointing for me but she was gutted, I felt bad for her when she had enough to be doing already...

Beanokelly and Gerry like this.
  9. Carlsburger

Carlsburger
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

At Christmas as a teenager I asked for an album by THE JAM. What I got was an album by THE JETS ... "the fu**king Jets" I said "sure, the man in the record shop said you'd love it" my Mam. When I started to sulk about it, my Mam made me put on the Jets album and my whole family (plus relatives) danced and sang to the crappy Jets. The more I did my Kevin the Teenager impression, the louder they got. Bastards!

I really though it was the end of the world ... teenagers are awful eejit's

Gerry likes this.
  10. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

An O'Neills Liverpool jersey when I was 10. We had the Candy one with the flecks at the time and this one tried to replicate it with what looked like a big Christmas decoration in the middle of it. It was awful and what made it worse was all my mates had the real one but at least kids are sensitive to that kind of thing and none of them would have dreamed of mentioning it:)

Gerry likes this.
  11. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Was just thinking about lads I know who got home made ones that were meant to look like the Candy ones with the three strips down the side. It was not a bad effort except there was only 2 stripes instead of 3

babbsnads likes this.
  12. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

It was tough enough stepping outside the door in the O'Neills one,I can only imagine what life would have been like in the flats for somebody with a home made one:)

13. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

I was waiting for this story to have a twist but it never came. Ouch that is awkward

diceyreilly and Liverpool-law like this.
  14. dk.lfc

dk.lfc
    Expand Collapse

Was after starting first year in the September and was doing woodwork and I did like it so for Christmas my folks got me a little woodwork bench

The more I think back it was a very nice thoughtful gift from them but my reaction on Christmas morning fuck off

Used it for a 2 months max and dropped woodwork after the junior cert

The aul lad still has it out in the garage and has got near 20 years use of it now

Beanokelly and Stevie S like this.
  15. stamullenredmen

stamullenredmen
    Expand Collapse

My sister in Law wrapped up a packet of baby wipes a couple of years back for my youngest lad, Lidl ones too.

16. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

My dad (a Man U fan), brought me back a full Ryan Giggs Black Sharp Viewcam kit from a Liverpool vs United game he went to.

It gets worse, I was meant to go to the game with him, but he took my cousin instead. Liverpool beat United 2-0.

The reason I didn't go was my dad wanted it to be a surprise so had asked me if I wanted to go to his Mams house, I said no, I hated going there. I had chronic asthma and all everyone done there was smoke cigarettes and I'd almost suffocate in the smoke, and the dog loved me, the old grumpy pitbull/staff cross, that used me as a pillow and if I moved would growl at me, I was terrified.
    When I said no, he followed up by asking if I'd go to the shop with him, he'd pulled this stunt before and we just went to his Mams house anyway, so me being a smart kid said no to that as well.

3 days later he comes back tells me all the details and rewards me with the Ryan Giggs kit as an early birthday present, while my cousin parades around in the brand new Robbie Fowler (my idol at the time) kit that my dad bought him on the trip instead.

My first trip to Liverpool should have been with my dad when I was 5 to see Liverpool beat United, instead it was when I was 18 with my then girlfriend to see Liverpool draw with Wigan thanks to a wonder goal from Titus Bramble (I missed the Torres goal just after half time as well).

A close 2nd would be the cricket set my dad bought me a year later.

Carlsburger and babbsnads like this.
  17. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I've read that 3 times now and I cant be reading it right because my understanding is your dad tried to surprise you with a trip to that match but you wouldnt leave the house because you thought you were going to your granny's. And rather than tell you the real reason he wanted you to leave the house,he said fuck it and took your cousin instead?

18. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Ass a joke like? :)

19. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I wasn't going to go as far as reply to it but I had the same thought as I was reading it.

Carlsburger likes this.
  20. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

I remember that game. Redknapp with a decent one and Macca deflected goal.

That utd black kit was one the nicest in PL. Be top 3 now on my list.

Anyway....ended up with Skeletor one Christmas because the bro loved He-man.

Fucking Skeletor.